Sign in to follow this  
andyjohnston.net

Everything Has Reset!

Went to make a flight tonight, all my settings have reverted even though it doesn't show any different in the options screen.  I was getting the odd cockpit interaction, so had to turn legacy off and back on.  Then as I tried to take off, I got a thing saying my objective was to apply full throttle.  Halfway down the runway, the aircraft decided to turn on the emergency brake and drag me to a halt.

What's going on?!

EDIT - trying to advance the throttle, it resets to idle.  Went and tried to drag the throttle levers, they instantly reset to idle.  Also, my place/airport indicators are back on.

Edited by andyjohnston.net

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

I've had this happen a few times to a friend of mine. We traced it back to the "auto-optimize" function in nVidia Geforce Experience. If you have MSFS set to be optimised, it will go ahead and replace your settings with what *it* thinks you should have. This typically happens after a driver update.

I make sure I periodically check that this setting in the GFE CP hasn't magically enabled itself.

NZFSIM_Signature_257_60.png

10 hours ago, Adamski_NZ said:

I've had this happen a few times to a friend of mine. We traced it back to the "auto-optimize" function in nVidia Geforce Experience. If you have MSFS set to be optimised, it will go ahead and replace your settings with what *it* thinks you should have. This typically happens after a driver update.

I make sure I periodically check that this setting in the GFE CP hasn't magically enabled itself.

Better yet, just don't install GeForce Experience.

I've never seen the need for it. Would be interested in hearing if anyone does see a need for it.

...jim

• Like 6

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

I use GeForce Experience all the time and have never had it reset anything except the graphics settings if I request it. GE is by no means the end all and be all, but it's a useful tool for setting up an OK graphics profile from which I can make a few minor tweaks, e.g., turning bloom OFF, etc.

Is it better than going through a individually tweaking every graphics parameter? No, but I would rather spend less time tweaking and more time flying.

🙂

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

I don't appear to have this, so I don't know what happened.  I went and thought I'd set everything to reasonable values, only to find I'd missed the crash detection.  It's always something!

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

You guys have the oddest problems.....

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5