Sign in to follow this  
SUNDR1V3R

I know its a lot of money, but its worth every penny..

Since MSFS is a very stable simulator and every update its getting better.. Im definitely using it more..

The thing is if you wanna scale up your sim to "real" levels of flying.. You should get this:

- iPad Mini (or any iPad honestly)
- ForeFlight Suscription
- JeepFD and the area you use to fly.. In my case USA and Mexico..

Im using the CJ4 with the mods.. And the realism of the ProLine 21 is incredible also the performance of the airplane, etc..

If you really want to fly procedures like in real life, forget about getting on a 737, 777, A320 or any other aircraft this big, and fly for hours.. With the CJ4 you are more than enough...

Use Foreflight... 

Do a 100NM flight and you will be super busy and super fun..

I am an executive pilot in real life, so if you want some advice on how to plan a flight or how to use the FMS of the CJ4 or the AutoPilot this is your chance....

I just flew KAVX - KHND.. And honestly I felt like I was in the plane.. I was able to take out weights and balances from the plane, fuel consumption... From the iPad see the airport operation schedules... Departures and arrivals... Just as if I were flying in real life... And I just opened the simulator and my iPad nothing else...

Being able to make decisions based on the actions taken in the simulator is something that I still don't believe. For example... KAVX closed for schedule... Yet we took off one hour after the airport closed (I know it's the only unreal thing about this flight.)

We took passengers from KAVX to KHND (Vegas), 5 passengers, 300lbs of cargo, we loaded the minimum fuel to reach Henderson, cuz of the weight and the small runway...

The runway at KAVX is too small for a 3000ft jet, balanced runway required 4100ft, to rotate we would only require about half.... So in case of an emergency there was no way to survive...

We had a reported wind of 14 knots from heading 214 so we should have used runway 22 but the plane was indicating only 3 knots... We still took off on runway 4 because of the 2.1 % downhill which would help us to accelerate even faster and with the 4 knots of tailwind it was worth it....

For a moment I considered cancelling the flight and leaving in the morning with daylight, but it's the simulator why not?

There was a low cloud cover almost all the way past the city of Los Angeles... On the way to vegas 110knots of tail wind at 41,000 we landed 10min earlier... We had 550 knots on the GS...

The plane had problems with the VNAV in the app, so we had to decend manually and when we changed the approach we were able to re-engage the VNAV... 

In the end we entered on rwy 17R which is the long 6000ft runway at Henderson so we dont have to abuse in the brakes.. The client chose to arrive at this airport even though it is far from the Strip because he is a cheapskate and did not want to pay the FBO at KLAS..

I haven't felt so much excitement for the simulator for years.. Plus on our way from KWHP to KAVX We flew in the golden hour and the pictures I took are amazing....

I will definitely buy the VR headset....

Anyway I just felt I should share my experience with you so you can strengthen your simulator....

You are a great community! 

This pics are from KWHP-L35..  

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by SUNDR1V3R
  • Like 6

43 minutes ago, SUNDR1V3R said:

And then you wont be able to use foreflight on your iPad. Interesting. 

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

41-416284_doh-homer-simpson-quotes-on-qu

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

#Sarcasm on

This is all garbage, we all know MSFS is not a study level sim with official study level aircraft.  The only thing this sim has is visuals.  There is no way to fly a proper procedure in MSFS.

Your experience as a real world pilot means nothing, you will be told this multiple times as people try to convince you that they are right and you can not experience what you just experienced in this sim.  

Sorry, it's a fact, this is strictly an eye candy simulator not a flight simulator, how dare you imply otherwise!

#Sarcasm Off

TADA!  I got rid of all the trolling up front, the rest of you can stay away!!

Sounds like an awesome experience, I think all of us have had at least one of those "holy cow" moments in this sim already.   Thanks for sharing!

Edited by psolk
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

1 hour ago, SUNDR1V3R said:

Great post! I just received a Pimax 8K X VR headset and have yet to set it up. Looks like an amazing VR unit, I purchased the bundle but it was shipped in 6 different packages via Fedex which was a little frustrating. I can't wait to see what MSFS and X-Plane look like in the 200 degree field of view.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

\Robert Hamlich/

2 hours ago, SUNDR1V3R said:

thanks for the nice report. I am sure you know about the Learjet that crashed at KAVX many years ago (weight, overspeed, too short runway)

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1985-12-05-me-450-story.html

I fly nothing but VR (Samsung Odyssey PLUS and HP Reverb G2), therefore Foreflight and Ipad are out unfortunately. but for the same money one can buy a nice VR headset. if you wear glasses, I'd recommend 

https://vroptician.com/

JeepFD? I guess you meant Jeppesen mobile FlightDeck?

btw: Jeppesen Mobile FliteDeck is being phased out of service:

https://ww2.jeppesen.com/navigation-solutions/mobile-flitedeck-ifr/

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

4 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

😳😭It was 4 am I guess I was tired haha

Edited by SUNDR1V3R
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, turbomax said:

thanks for the nice report. I am sure you know about the Learjet that crashed at KAVX many years ago (weight, overspeed, too short runway)

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1985-12-05-me-450-story.html

I fly nothing but VR (Samsung Odyssey PLUS and HP Reverb G2), therefore Foreflight and Ipad are out unfortunately. but for the same money one can buy a nice VR headset. if you wear glasses, I'd recommend 

https://vroptician.com/

JeepFD? I guess you meant Jeppesen mobile FlightDeck?

btw: Jeppesen Mobile FliteDeck is being phased out of service:

https://ww2.jeppesen.com/navigation-solutions/mobile-flitedeck-ifr/

I think it might be a solution for the iPad and the VR..

i know you can move the screen off the iPad to the Desktop.. But don’t know the limitations of that..

4 hours ago, psolk said:

#Sarcasm on

This is all garbage, we all know MSFS is not a study level sim with official study level aircraft.  The only thing this sim has is visuals.  There is no way to fly a proper procedure in MSFS.

Your experience as a real world pilot means nothing, you will be told this multiple times as people try to convince you that they are right and you can not experience what you just experienced in this sim.  

Sorry, it's a fact, this is strictly an eye candy simulator not a flight simulator, how dare you imply otherwise!

#Sarcasm Off

TADA!  I got rid of all the trolling up front, the rest of you can stay away!!

Sounds like an awesome experience, I think all of us have had at least one of those "holy cow" moments in this sim already.   Thanks for sharing!

I know I heard about it also.. In fact one month ago I hate the sim.. I didn’t know about the mods I was having CTD and the performance of the sim wasn’t that good..

I really love MSFS at this point.. I’ve been trying to fly in SOCAL for so long since 2010 with no success..

I use to have have ORBX but it always crashes or FPS went to 10..

For me it’s the best sim until now cuz the visuals for me means a lot.. I bet Xplane is a great sim also but visual are not as good as MSFS..

Anyways you wanna fly a real sim go to CAE of FlightSafety, and guess what they use a modified version of FSX no XPlane.. other than that is just a game..

5 hours ago, SUNDR1V3R said:

Since MSFS is a very stable simulator and every update its getting better.. Im definitely using it more..

The thing is if you wanna scale up your sim to "real" levels of flying.. You should get this:

- iPad Mini (or any iPad honestly)
- ForeFlight Suscription
- JeepFD and the area you use to fly.. In my case USA and Mexico..

I use an iPad Pro with Garmin Pilot and Skydemon.  Really helps with realism and immersion.  

• Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

+1 for Foreflight, with Flight Events app I can even use the synthetic vision on FF it's pretty incredible to have. Also if you don't get a charts sub you can still use it for it's awesome planning and weather features.

• Like 1

@SUNDR1V3Ryou should definitely check out PilotEdge...sounds like you fly a lot of SoCal area.  Mix real controllers into your flight for added realism.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

3 hours ago, ryanbatcund said:

@SUNDR1V3Ryou should definitely check out PilotEdge...sounds like you fly a lot of SoCal area.  Mix real controllers into your flight for added realism.

Plus one for Pilotedge.  Most realistic online flying IMHO.  Pilotedge, Garmin Pilot and MSFS are superb.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

12 hours ago, psolk said:

#Sarcasm on

#Sarcasm Off

#EvenMoreSarcasm on

"The only thing this sim has is visuals."

What do you mean "sim?"  MSFS isn't a sim, it's merely a game.  As can be proved by the fact that it's on XBox. You want a real sim?  Get X-Plane/P3D (depending on which of them I'm a fanboi of).

#EvenMoreSarcasm off

• Like 1

James David Walley

Ryzen 7 7700X, 32 GB, RTX 3080