Sign in to follow this  
Guest X15

PA 28 140 Cherokee

Guest X15

Hi guys,Can anyone recommend a PA 28 for FSX.Ta

Guest X15

Anybody? The nearest I can find is the Flying Club X Warrior - anybody tried this package?

Carenado's Cherokee works in FSX, it is not the 140 model but I never let that stop me from flying it.

Dr Zane Gard

Posted Image

Sr Staff Reviewer AVSIM

Private Pilot ASEL since 1986 IFR 2010

AOPA 00915027

American Mensa 100314888

Carenado is what I fly...it is excellent. No AP, but that's the way it's supposed to be, I guess.

I have been wishing that someone would make a nice cherokee 140 as well. I think that if I ever did buy a plane irl that it will be one of these.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

I loved my experience training for my PPL in the cherokee 140, great little plane....except for the umm... 'climb' performance:I think I can, I think I can, I think I... no... I can't. Stoopid mountain, why are you in my way?! ;)

Mike Johnson - Lotus Simulations

Guest X15

Thanks for the inputs guys, I'll try out the Carenado 180, cockpit layout looks about the same.I've just started my PPL, was going to train in a Cessna 172 but the club C 172 is the one that is most often booked out. My instructor suggested trying out the Cherokee 140 as it will be easier to book in the summer months. Only done 45 minutes but I loved it, so now need one for FSX! He had just been up in the 172 doing a flight experience, poor would be pilot looked sick as a dog when they got back bit of a bumpy day, when we up in the Cherokee it was lovely!(fortunately no mountains around here LOL)Shame there is no 140 hope some clever addon developer is reading this ;0)(be a nice one for RealAir, they would do it very well)

The Flying Club Warrior is excellent. Not sure how the FSX version handles but the FS9 version is even spinnable (flight dynamics by Rob Young of RealAir). A bit lacking in the eye candy department but you don't need photo realism for training. Friendly on the frames, too.The Carenado version is quite good, though not the best for flight dynamics.You might also want to consider the Dreamfleet Archer III. Not quite the same aircraft but since it's a DF release, it should fly just like the real thing.

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Guest X15

Ta Jimmi, I've just ordered the Carenado 180 but I think the Flying Club Warrior needs adding to the hanger as well ;0)

Guest X15

Just an update, Carenado 180 arrived this morning (I'm on dial-up so bought it on disk) very quick delivery from the states (I'm in the UK). I now have a silly grin on my face as the cockpit (apart from the glazing) is a dead ringer for my training a/c. Cheers guys! Still have the Just Flight Fying Club X to look forward to. Great being a big kid isn't it!Just a thought on FSX - it is amazing with UK photo scenery. This relieves the sim of autogen (would look wrong). I can't believe how closely FSX recreates my training flights. Every time I feel like I've been there and done it all before, a massive help when learning to fly to be able to go through all the exercises beforehand and fix things in my thick head and have the correct scenery outside the window also.Thanks againGemma