Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

Freeware Release: Duxford Airfield EGSU

Duxford Airfield EGSU

"Note from the Developer"

Duxford Airfield - EGSU - The site of the Imperial War Museum Duxford.

Complete scenery build of the entire site including new aerial ortho image of the airfield area.

All buildings included and accurately modeled using architect's drawings where available and high quality photoreal textures.

Aprons, parking, taxiways and signs, runway texture all reworked with working ATC (basic ATC as per real life)

Too many objects created to list all but screenshots will give a good idea.

This is my first and only scenery I have ever made and created it mainly for myself out my love of this place, I'm happy to share with other like minded Duxford fanatics!

duxford-airfield-egsu-3uPTw.jpg?width=14

duxford-airfield-egsu-z71jt.jpg?width=14

duxford-airfield-egsu-W1jHA.jpg?width=14

duxford-airfield-egsu-xIwUO.jpg?width=14

duxford-airfield-egsu-WjGVB.jpg?width=14

Edited by HiFlyer
  • Like 10

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I was using a previous freeware Duxford, created by 'Gobby'. Fair play to that dude - he's actually said about this one: "There's a much better version of Duxford now available at https://flightsim.to/file/21755/duxford-airfield-egsu"

• Like 5

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

Yeah, I have Gobby's version, but noticed this one yesterday and put it at the top of my 'to download' list.  If the pictures are anything to go by, it looks excellent and I look forward to trying it later.

Some of the freeware I have seen lately is simply stunning and TBH of the hundreds I've downloaded, I have not often been disappointed by any of them.

• Like 3

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

7 hours ago, 109Sqn said:

I was using a previous freeware Duxford, created by 'Gobby'. Fair play to that dude - he's actually said about this one: "There's a much better version of Duxford now available at https://flightsim.to/file/21755/duxford-airfield-egsu"

I have also noticed that "Gobby" does a fair amount of collaboration with other authors where they work together as a team to jointly improve airports. I have no idea if the version that HiFlyer has produced needs any improvements as I have not downloaded it yet, but it is worth bearing in mind if he is trying to work out any particular problems.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H

3 hours ago, Espana Pete said:

I have no idea if the version that HiFlyer has produced needs any improvements as I have not downloaded it yet, but it is worth bearing in mind if he is trying to work out any particular problems.

Not produced by me. 😸

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

It looks good, but if I have one criticism........that bright green colour really needs to be toned down.

• Like 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

4 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

It looks good, but if I have one criticism........that bright green colour really needs to be toned down

Yes I think you are right.  I was there just last week and the colour of the apron and the adjacent paved pedestrian and aircraft display areas is not bright green. Otherwise a very good representation of the aerodrome.

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

Yer that GREEN is a killer.........no need for it, the rest for free looks great..but that green....O dear!

Great job on this. Please sort out the green....

duxford-airfield-egsu-wsKUT.jpg?width=14

Edited by Nyxx

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Excellent scenery with an extraordinary level of detail. Mick Sprick (the developer) mentioned this is his first scenery ever, and that he'll correct the green color issues in a future update.

Maybe we all should vote 5 starts for this one.

Edited by edpatino
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

2 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Not produced by me. 😸

Whoops, (red face)!

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X on ROG CROSSHAIR VIIl DARK HERO (AM4), Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3080 V2 OC and 32 GB Vengeance Pro Ram 3600MHz. DELL Alienware AW3420DW 3440x1440 and DELL U2414H

Updated version out now. Fixes the green.

https://flightsim.to/file/21755/duxford-airfield-egsu?fbclid=IwAR1-8Fp4VZFdBVmDcclMdz1vD9IMbfT0SxvHrR-aRa2Ycn19F3baC7_bUGg

Great scenery.  Spent ages this afternoon just flying around in the Robinson R44 watching all the Spitfires flying around Duxford.  

Edited by The Moose
  • Like 4

Those who have installed this great airfield may be interested that Tom Cruise was flying there a couple of weeks ago:

https://www.royston-crow.co.uk/things-to-do/tom-cruise-mission-impossible-flying-at-duxford-8392756

• Like 1

My system specs: Intel i9-10850@3.6 - 5.2 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080, 32GB  DDR4  RAMNoctua NH-D15 CPU Cooler,1TB Seagate SSD, 4TB Seagate HD, Windows 10, Asus 32 inch monitor, Saitek Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals and Trim Wheel     Sims: MSFS2020      Preferred Aircraft  Black Square Bonanza, and Baron, A2A Comanche, PMDG DC-6, Red Wing L1049 

Blimey!  Top Gun Maverick has had some cutbacks by the look of it!  😀

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.