Sign in to follow this  

Needing some help with saitek throttle quadrant. I have a Cessna yoke with quadrant and a second quadrant (usb). I have been using both for years without a problem. Suddenly now my second quadrant (usb) will not work. Fsx won’t recognize it. In windows control panel it shows up under “unspecified” and says the drivers need to be reinstalled. I tried reinstalling the saitek driver for it but no change. Did the quadrant die or something else going on? All of my other saitek equipment works fine (6x fip’s, switch panel, radio panel, warning light panel, pedals, yoke with quadrant, auto pilot panel - all working fine).

Ben Weaver

SWA8485

3 minutes ago, rcpistonhead said:

Did the quadrant die or something else going on?

Do you have another computer to plug it in to to see if is recognized there by Windows?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

27 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Do you have another computer to plug it in to to see if is recognized there by Windows?

I just plugged it into my laptop and it set up and is working properly. Listed as a working device in control panel. I’m totally confused why it isn’t working on my pc? 

Ben Weaver

SWA8485

5 minutes ago, rcpistonhead said:

I just plugged it into my laptop and it set up and is working properly. Listed as a working device in control panel. I’m totally confused why it isn’t working on my pc? 

OK. See what happens on the PC if you do not connect the dedicated quadrant (the one that plugs to the yoke. with the round plug) and only connect the USB quadrant.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

4 minutes ago, fppilot said:

OK. See what happens on the PC if you do not connect the dedicated quadrant (the one that plugs to the yoke. with the round plug) and only connect the USB quadrant.

No change unfortunately. It still shows as unspecified. I also tried plugging it into different USB ports, no change. 

Ben Weaver

SWA8485

2 minutes ago, rcpistonhead said:

No change unfortunately. It still shows as unspecified. I also tried plugging it into different USB ports, no change. 

I assume you are in Control Panel, Device Manager, Human Interface Devices.  If so check the properties on it and see what is set under power management.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

12 minutes ago, fppilot said:

I assume you are in Control Panel, Device Manager, Human Interface Devices.  If so check the properties on it and see what is set under power management.

There is not a power management tab for the quadrant. Weird 

Ben Weaver

SWA8485

32 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Also, the quadrant isn’t listed under human interface devices. It is listed under other devices. When I go to it’s properties it says no drivers are installed for this device. I have tried re installing the saitek driver for it but when I get to the screen that says to plug in the quadrant it won’t recognize it to proceed. 

Ben Weaver

SWA8485

43 minutes ago, fppilot said:

Update: FIXED!

I found a similar thread about the X52 doing the same thing. This is the process that fixed it for me (substitute x52 for pro flight throttle quadrant) 

Try this short version first:
- Connect X52
- Open device manager -> look for an USB input device with an !
- Right click: update driver
- Choose "search on my PC" and then "let me pick" (2nd option) -> you get a list of 2
compatible devices
- Now select the 1st option "USB input device" or something similar NB: NOT the one
with USB X52 in the name!!!
- Device should work now...

• Like 1

Ben Weaver

SWA8485

1 minute ago, rcpistonhead said:

Update: FIXED!

I found a similar thread about the X52 doing the same thing. This is the process that fixed it for me (substitute x52 for pro flight throttle quadrant) 

Try this short version first:
- Connect X52
- Open device manager -> look for an USB input device with an !
- Right click: update driver
- Choose "search on my PC" and then "let me pick" (2nd option) -> you get a list of 2
compatible devices
- Now select the 1st option "USB input device" or something similar NB: NOT the one
with USB X52 in the name!!!
- Device should work now...

Here is the “long version” of the fix should the “short fix” not work for somebody:

f this does not work: this is the long version which was the first way I found to get it
working again:
- Plugin the X52
- Go to device manager and delete the X52 and USB devices with an ! sign (warning/not
installed correctly)
- Restart your PC
- Unplug your X52
- Run the installer (with the latest beta drivers for W10)
- When the screen pops up with the instruction to plugin your X52 -> plug it in...
- Just let the installer run (with the NEXT button greyed out) and go to device manager
- Right click on the X52 device and select update driver
- Choose "search on my PC" and then "let me pick" (2nd option) -> you get a list of 2
compatible devices
- Now select the 1st option "USB device" or something similar NB: NOT the 2nd one with
USB X52 in the name!!!
- Directly after this W10 detects your X52 and you can select NEXT in the installer
- Install will continue and finish correctly
The right selection of the USB device (AND NOT X52..) is important. If you select the X52
line you get a critical error and it stops..
Also I would recommend disabling FAST START. It seems that Windows starts too fast for
USB devices to report themselves and to be enabled. You can find this option here:
Energy management -> behaviour of on/off buttons -> Fast start is greyed out, but if you
select "choose options which are not available right now" you can disable it.

• Like 2

Ben Weaver

SWA8485

50 minutes ago, rcpistonhead said:

Here is the “long version” of the fix should the “short fix” not work for somebody:

Let's throw this in there also as it has been a frequent issue with Saitek USB products and Windows 8 and Windows 10.  Right click on each Saitek USB device in Device Manager, Human Interface Devices, and select Properties. It may be necessary to unplug and then re-plug each one to identify them.  Click the Power Management tab.  Uncheck "Allow Computer to turn off this device to save power".  Then follow the link below, download the related patch and apply it as well.

https://turbulent-flow.net/2019/05/27/saitek-multi-panel-fix-part-2/

I had to do all of that for my Saitek Pro Cessna Yoke and for my Saitek Multipanel.  It has helped numerous other users as well.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
ASUS 

Thanks for this info.  I still use an old Joystick with Fkeys assigned for throttles, props, mixture.

I'm looking at a used Logitech Yoke and quadrant? Am I buying somebody's old problem?

Also considering getting just a new Logitech (Saitek) Throttle quadrant and wonder if the one lever for each th,p,mx can be coupled Like I do with the F Keys? I fly light twins mostly.. Thanks in advance

2 Monitors, 240G SSD.FSX:Steam with UTX USA Scenery, ORBX Base, Buildings, Airports, NorCAL, Steam addon- Airports, Trees, Milviz310R, Alabeo310R, Flight1 GTN750/650, Carenado- TBM850, Baron, Arrow, V35, F33, C441, 421C, Phenom 100, Premier 1A, RA Duke B60 V2, RA Duke Turbine V2,  Active Sky Next always running real WX. Skyvector