Sign in to follow this  
hvw

Main screen broken up

Have been wanting to inform you about this since beta-1 but didn't get to it, sorry about that. I have FBW on my secondary monitor. Now when I minimize the main display to the taskbar and then bring it back again to the secondary display, 99% of the time FBW's display is broken, displayed incompletely. Hitting the Info icon or any other icon in the top bar a few times gradually repairs it, even hovering over the lowest part of FBW's screen can help here as well. Are you aware of this undocumented feature or can the culprit be at my contraption? 

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

23 minutes ago, byork said:

Never heard of or seen that one before.

By FBW you mean FS2Crew for the aircraft itself?  I assume you mean FS2Crew?

Yes, FS2Crew for FBW's A320, beta 1 thru 4

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

34 minutes ago, byork said:

Never heard of or seen that one before.

By FBW you mean FS2Crew for the aircraft itself?  I assume you mean FS2Crew?

No, it isn't, but when I have my FS2Crew display on my primary monitor the same happens as well. I will send you a screen capture of this phenomenon to your email address right away.

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

I also have this issue with the latest beta. One monitor only (laptop)

I set a keybind to show the menu and press the yellow minimize button to hide it. When the menu shows, only certain elements of the menu will appear. Minimizing and re-showing the menu repeatedly will give a different set of hidden modules.

Hmmm, we're using .Net based Windows forms.

How much time are you giving between closing and re-opening the panel?

Are you banging the key or allowing several seconds before trying to reopen the panel?

Edited by byork

I give it 1-5 seconds. But it can be closed from initial climb and opened at initial descent and the issue remains.

Additional external programs ran:

- Pilot2ATC

- PACX

I only observed this issue when using my laptop. At home with my desktop, this was not an issue. Same external programs. Difference may be version? I used the stable version on desktop and I'm currently using the latest beta.

+I saw on another forum post that the program cannot automatically enlarge to accommodate elements. I will attempt to manually enlarge the window to see if there is any difference and get back to you.

2 hours ago, Matthew L said:

I give it 1-5 seconds. But it can be closed from initial climb and opened at initial descent and the issue remains.

Additional external programs ran:

- Pilot2ATC

- PACX

I only observed this issue when using my laptop. At home with my desktop, this was not an issue. Same external programs. Difference may be version? I used the stable version on desktop and I'm currently using the latest beta.

So it happens on your laptop but not your desktop?

What the difference in resolution between your laptop and desktop?

Also, FS2Crew is an external program... Dev or Stable version of the FBW would have no effect on FS2Crew Win forms.

We'll try it figure out why it happens on your laptop but not your desktop.

Same resolution. The laptop is a 144Hz 1920x1080 screen while the desktop has a 60Hz 1920x1080. Not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Correction I meant the release version of FS2Crew when I said stable, so 1.0 I believe on the desktop and latest FS2Crew beta on my laptop.