Sign in to follow this  
Guest Airtime

Possible future activation problem?

Guest Airtime

Greetings simmers,I bought FSX Deluxe as soon as it came out and installed it on my Athlon64 3200+ L2/1MB, Radeon9600XT AGP etc etc. Well, the results were nowhere near what I was getting with a tweaked FS9 so I uninstalled FSX (strike 1?)A few months later (a couple of weeks ago actually) I bought a new 2.13 gigahertz Intel Core 2 Duo, with 2 GB RAM and an X1600 series 512mb PCI-e graphics card. I was not at all thrilled with the performance with the new machine for FSX either. I installed FS9 on this new machine and am able to max out everything and it looks great, but I digress. Anyway, I have uninstalled FSX from this new machine (strike 2?). I decided the wife needed a new computer and she will be getting the Intel Core 2 Duo.I have ordered another new machine with an Athlon 64 X2 5200+, with 2GB DDR2 and a GeForce 7950GT 256mb video card. Anyway, this will be the last FSX install (strike 3?) for a long time for me. That is if I decide to leave Vista on this new machine. If Vista gives me any trouble at all with the apps I need for work then I will go back to XP Pro, and that would be another install strike for FSX.Sorry to be so long winded, now to the point ... I have read somewhere about FSX activation and am wondering if I am going to have trouble with the MS activation crap since I have installed FSX so many times thus far.Thanks,AT

No, you shouldn't have any trouble. Worst case you may have to activate it via telephone. But, once again, it just shows how all this activation nonsense does nothing but annoy the legitimate users.Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. Worst case scenario is you have to call MS. I've unistalled and installed 5 times so far with no problems. Craig

Guest Airtime

>>> I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. Worst case scenario is>you have> to call MS. I've unistalled and installed 5 times so far>with no > problems.>> CraigWell, that is reassuring news, thanks. P.S. I'd rather take a beating than reinstall programs like FS... lolCheers,ATAT