Sign in to follow this  
DadJokeCinema

Update aka SP1 - mystery content?

While others heap well deserved laudatory comments upon Microsoft for allowing them to purchase what is an excellent program, I am not as happy about the lack of info on the update. My professional experience with commercial software is that the vendor collects bug reports, publishes the list and then makes a commitment to to fix some or all of them in the next release. However, Microsoft offers no such information. Instead we receive vague promises that there will be noticeable improvements. In my opinion that is not sufficient unless the price of the package fails to meet a revenue threshold. That threshold commits staff to fix a publicly published list of issues in the next release. While the "team" may be nice guys, I disagree with the program manager that makes a decision to only commit to an "update" with no definition of the content. It will be interesting to see the defense of this practice......Regards,Dick Boley

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

I won't do it...... I won't do it........ I won't do it.............There, I didn't do it.Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Development Team Active Sky V6 Proud SupporterHiFi Beta TeamRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/AirSource Member: http://www.air-source.us/FSEconomy Member:http://www.fseconomy.com/

Guest JeanLuc_

Or seen with a different angle, maybe some will think you just did in fact LOLJean-Luc

Given how poorly the product performs after three years of work, were I the PM I wouldn't commit to anything either :-) .Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

"RE: Update aka SP1 - mystery content? I won't do it...... I won't do it........ I won't do it.............There, I didn't do it.Jim"ROFLOL :-) Sure does save time & space !!!JackD

I thought south-bound threads are not welcome here. Somebody call a locksmith! Gary

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Gigabyte RTX 4090 Gaming OC 24GB | 32GB 3200MHz RAM | 2TB + 1TB NVME SSD | 2GB SSD | 2GB HDD | Corsair RM850 PSU | 240mm AIO | Buttkicker Gamer 2 | Thrustmaster T.16000M Flight Pack | 75" 4K60 TV | 40" 4K60 TV | Quest 3 | DOF Reality H3 Motion Platform

MSFS @ 4K Ultra DLSS Performance with 2.0x Secondary Scaling |  VR VDXR Godlike 80Hz SSW OXRTK @ 4500x4500 Custom FFR CAS 50% | MSFS VR Ultra DLSS Performance - Windows 11

>I thought south-bound threads are not welcome here. Somebody>call a locksmith! >>Gary>This is quite true. It seems to me that ACES team members are not in the habit of "defending" their practices, and they shouldn't be. If the need for them to defend anything is apparent, then someone here is attacking them. I'm relatively sure that the developers don't come here to be attacked, and I am absolutely positive that AVSIM doesn't want it happening on our forum. So, no, I'm not inclined to let it continue.Should you desire to continue your search for rationale in regards to SP1, please see other threads on the topic in this forum about it, or better yet, see the team members blog, Phil's specifically, where they have discussed why they are doing SP1.