Sign in to follow this  
spearmint_flyer

P3DV5.2 HTC VIVE PRO 2 - FREEZES WHEN P3D ACTIVE. USEABLE IF

Hello everyone.

I have recently purchased a HTC VIVE PRO 2. I am having a blast flying it on another simulator but I wanted to use it on some of my P3D addons. I have a smooth running P3Dv5 HF2. I have the default settings on the VR Settings menu, for everyones understanding on my settings. The issue, anytime I start VR using Steam VR I notice that the simulator becomes "stuck". If I make another window active (for example the Steam VR Status Box) then the simulator becomes responsive like nothing is even wrong. But when I make P3D the active window again it then get stuck and I can't use it.

So clearly it's not a performance problem as when the sim is not in focus I have great performance. The problem is that I cannot touch or interact anything in the simulator as anytime I make the window active as I said before it becomes stuck in the VR and the monitor window.

Does any one have any ideas on how I can correct this? Is there a setting that I perhaps am missing completely?

MY PC Specs
Windows 11
I7-10700K 5.2 GHZ, RTX3090 Founders, 64GB RAM 2666 MHZ, iH100 AIO Cooler, SSD 512GB PNY for SIM, SSD 512GB Samsung EVO m2 for Windows.

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Found the answer. 

For any future lost souls who may be wondering. The issue seemed to come from having "Hardware accelerated gpu scheduling" in Windows 10/11. 

Make sure this is off. 

Thank you 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight