Sign in to follow this  
jozeff

would really like the FSL 320 SL but 210 euro's?..

Hi guys,

Would really love to get the FSL320 SL version for p3dv5b after having flown other a32p models for some time. It seems that I'll have to get the a320x first and the SL version as an addon.   this would mean a 150 + 60 euro investment for 1 plane.... a quality product costs money I understand that but 210 euro's is beyond belief.

Is there some kind of bundle I can get fot new buyers which includes the SL version.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Cheers

Jozeff

Edited by jozeff

7 minutes ago, jozeff said:

Is there some kind of bundle I can get fot new buyers which includes the SL version.

None that I'm aware of, nor have I ever seen the FSL add-ons on sale.

I agree that some sort of "bootstrap" bundle discount for new entrants would be a good idea at this stage of the product life-cycle, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for that.

• Upvote 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

You get what you pay for in life. 

In my opinion it's worth every penny. 

We would all like a ferrari but sometimes we can only afford a Ford focus. 

Do a bit of overtime, don't buy steak for a few weeks, if you don't want to splash  out on the fsl, then I suggest you waste less money on the inferior aerosoft bus or the flight factor 320

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Upvote 3

14ppkc-6.png

It's not that I cannot affordit. An addon that costs 3 times as much as the complete simulator seems a bit steep though.as a new customer I should be able to get the a320SL for 150 euro's or so. More than 200 euro for 1 addon is ridiculous in my opinion.

Some people complain about a super complex addon costing more than 70 dollars but that's not what I mean. I understand that a plane this complex is and should not be cheap.

The 150 euro is not the problem but the 60 euro extra for the efb and some other stuff is not very friendly for a potential new customer.

The fsx version costs 100 euro's, that looks more like it. If I could get it for p3dv5 for that money I'd be happy to spend another 60 for the efb.

Cheers

Jozeff

• Upvote 3

Why is it always assumed that if someone thinks the price is too high, that they can’t afford it? Please. There are a lot of things I can afford to buy but will not do so because they appear to be overpriced. 

Cheers, Pete

• Like 7
  • Upvote 5

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

17 minutes ago, jozeff said:

It's not that I cannot affordit. An addon that costs 3 times as much as the complete simulator seems a bit steep though.as a new customer I should be able to get the a320SL for 150 euro's or so. More than 200 euro for 1 addon is ridiculous in my opinion.

Some people complain about a super complex addon costing more than 70 dollars but that's not what I mean. I understand that a plane this complex is and should not be cheap.

The 150 euro is not the problem but the 60 euro extra for the efb and some other stuff is not very friendly for a potential new customer.

The fsx version costs 100 euro's, that looks more like it. If I could get it for p3dv5 for that money I'd be happy to spend another 60 for the efb.

Cheers

Jozeff

I agree that it is very expensive and it’s not always about whether you can afford it or not, but rather whether you feel it’s a justified price for the experience you’re purchasing or not. I had the same concerns before I invested in the products. Obviously it’s different buying the whole series all at once rather than one product/expansion at a time.

Having said that, the immersion of the product as a whole, is on a completely  different level than any other product I’ve used. In no way am I bashing any other aircraft add on, but if you’re looking for an add on that fulfills your need of system fidelity, airliner operation fidelity, sound environment, the feeling of actually operating an airliner with all the internal and external intricacies it comes with, and overall an extremely enjoyable experience, I would say go for it. This is where I spend 95 percent of my time flightsimming. In addition to that, the FS2CREW add on takes it a whole other level as well. 

If you do decide to get it, I have a feeling that after the initial shock of the dent it made in your wallet, a few weeks/months down the line, when you forgot all about the money you spent on it, you will feel happy you made the decision to get it.

Just my two cents.

I debated for a long time weather I could justify buying this add-on. Today after about 6 months of pulling the trigger I don´t regret one penny. This is an excellent product and, at least personally for me, for the obscene amount of time I have enjoyed simming with it the price doesn´t seem so high anymore. My 2c.

49 minutes ago, julietsierrappl said:

I debated for a long time weather I could justify buying this add-on. Today after about 6 months of pulling the trigger I don´t regret one penny. This is an excellent product and, at least personally for me, for the obscene amount of time I have enjoyed simming with it the price doesn´t seem so high anymore. My 2c.

I agree, the Base + the Sharklets price made me pause but I eventually jumped in wanting the FSL airbus experience. First time I bought an addon plane that I fly more than the NGXu, thats saying something. I even ended up buying the Thrustmaster TCA Officer pack because of this plane. I only wish Aerosoft's A330 TCA support was more like the way FSL did theirs. 

There are plenty of developers who charge the same prices now for their products as they charged on release day, which IMO, is just silly.

The typical pricing model in many industries is to charge high at release and slowly reduce the purchase price over time so that the product continues to bring in revenue.
With the release of MSFS and many developers shifting their focus to that platform, spending €210 on an aircraft family for P3D doesn't make sense to me no matter how detailed it is. Sure, some people will continue to buy it, yet they would stimulate demand and achieve greater overall revenue by dropping the price.

I think that they're missing a trick here.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

28 minutes ago, F737NG said:

There are plenty of developers who charge the same prices now for their products as they charged on release day, which IMO, is just silly.

The typical pricing model in many industries is to charge high at release and slowly reduce the purchase price over time so that the product continues to bring in revenue.
With the release of MSFS and many developers shifting their focus to that platform, spending €210 on an aircraft family for P3D doesn't make sense to me no matter how detailed it is. Sure, some people will continue to buy it, yet they would stimulate demand and achieve greater overall revenue by dropping the price.

+ 1

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

2 hours ago, PilotPete99 said:

Why is it always assumed that if someone thinks the price is too high, that they can’t afford it? Please. There are a lot of things I can afford to buy but will not do so because they appear to be overpriced. 

Cheers, Pete

Well said. This is why I’m not so keen to repurchase my favorite PMDG and other aircraft a third time to move over to MSFS. Not that I think they are over priced or developers don’t deserve their earnings. I just don’t particularly want to buy them again. It’s just a matter of personal value.

• Upvote 4

Vic green

Wow.  That is an absurd price for an addon plane IMO.

I think I'll just happily keep flying my freeware project airbus A319/320/321.  With accurate sounds and a few tweaks, they're actually pretty darn good.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

9 hours ago, F737NG said:

It isn't a pricing model that applies to flightsim addons though, is it?  Never has done. The Level D 767 still sells for the same price it always did even though it won't work with 64 bit platforms. Why should FSL reduce their prices like that? It would only upset existing customers who paid the full price. It is expensive but the quality and fidelity is very high. If you want the best then you'll pay for it. There are cheaper alternatives available and many are happy to settle for that.

• Like 1

ki9cAAb.jpg

3 hours ago, kevinh said:

It isn't a pricing model that applies to flightsim addons though, is it?  Never has done. The Level D 767 still sells for the same price it always did even though it won't work with 64 bit platforms.

And how many copies of the Level D 767 do you think they’ve sold in the last few years?

FSL isn’t exactly in the same situation, but it is strange for the price to never come down for older software. The other day I saw that a software company was still selling the exact same piece of astronomy software from ~1993 (runs in DOS) at the exact same (high) price 30 years later. Probably not selling a lot of copies either. 🙂

James