Sign in to follow this  
Chrisjh3604

X Box X series Flight Simulator 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition

I have just returned to Flight Sim after .... 25 years. 

I am thinking of purchasing an X Box X series with Flight Simulator 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition. I am slightly confused by Microsoft as I don't wan't to get involved in a monthly plan, I simply want to purchase X Box X series Flight Simulator 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition on a disk and we don't want any other games but obviously we want the updates for Flight simulator is that possible? Or do we have to take out a monthly plan. We don't want to plan on line.

Also we want the Premium deluxe version for X Box not the standard or the deluxe version.

As a non technical person is this easy to set up.

Thank you very much, my apologies in case this has been asked before.

Best Regards,

Chris

It’s the same as on the PC. You have the option of an outright purchase or a monthly subscription instead so the latter is not a requirement. You can do either online via the Xbox store. 

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

There's no disk version on Xbox either, there's only the digital download, so you'll have to allocate quite a few GB each month for the World Updates and Sim Updates. You can only get the disk version for PC, and you can only get it in Europe.

Mike Beckwith

There is a disk version for the Xbox Series X/S but only come in the standard edition, if you want the premium deluxe edition you need to buy the upgrade which is digital via the store on your Xbox.

As for the montly subscription, it is not a subscription of MSFS itself! Don’t get confused, it is a subscription to Xbox Game Pass which unlimited access to over 200 games and one of these games is MSFS standard edition! 

You will have access to all the updates, make sure to download the extra content on the MSFS marketplace! And they are all free for the moment.

The Xbox Series X/S interface is very well made and intuitive, you should have no problem to install/use it. The Xbox support USB and wireless mouse and keyboard so it’s a must for MSFS.

Personal advice, if your buying the premium deluxe edition for the extra hand made airport your better put the extra money on third party addon airport, the default ones are not very good, and if your buying it for the 787 and the Longitude, they are not worth it for the moment.. as for the other premium planes i don’t know i don’t used them!

Edited by Sylvenzo
  • Like 1

Brilliant many thanks these comments are really useful, I guess this is a better platform than the PC. All the best Chris thank you aain.

3 hours ago, Chrisjh3604 said:

Brilliant many thanks these comments are really useful, I guess this is a better platform than the PC. All the best Chris thank you aain.

I wouldn't say that.  There's so many add-ons you won't have access to because all that's available is what's in the store.  Third party freeware content from sites like Avsim and Flightsim.to won't be able to you.  This includes flight model updates, military add-ons that don't have their gun mounts castrated (full models only offered from the vendor's website), thousands of sceneries offered for free, and adjustable default graphic features available in the sim not available to you on the XBOX version.  As always the PC version usually wins the day with it's flexibility and larger available add-on base and the same holds true here.  Freeware guys uploading their work aren't big enough to get theirs add-ons to the MS Store.  You miss out on allot taking the XBOX route.  

• Like 2

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Really depends on your point of view. As a reliable high performance platform for the official Microsoft release I think the XBOX Series X is much better and a LOT cheaper than a PC version. The only real downside is it does not have access at the moment to the huge range of free, variable quality add-ons (mainly airports and liveries) that are available to the PC owner. However, the Microsoft content is still massive though.

I own both versions (the PC version since the initial release of the sim) and the XBOX version works so much better for me. I do not miss the extra content as the standout extras are available in the in-game store for XBOX too at the moment.

I would very highly recommend the Thrustmaster HOTAS One as the XBOX compatible controller for it too. So factor that into your purchase too - it is about £85.

CJ

XBOX in isolation is a fantastic option. As soon as you want to expand out your peripherals then it because more an of an issue. For example, I like to use a connected stream deck for monitoring and controlling some items as well as Track IR and an Ultrawide monitor. These are just three options that aren't supported on the XBOX.

Edited by Donka

Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4090, 32GB, Win 11. MSFS2020. VKB, MFG & Virpil controllers. Quest 3 for VR.

6 minutes ago, CJ1045 said:

Really depends on your point of view. As a reliable high performance platform for the official Microsoft release I think the XBOX Series X is much better and a LOT cheaper than a PC version. The only real downside is it does not have access at the moment to the huge range of free, variable quality add-ons (mainly airports and liveries) that are available to the PC owner. However, the Microsoft content is still massive though.

I own both versions (the PC version since the initial release of the sim) and the XBOX version works so much better for me. I do not miss the extra content as the standout extras are available in the in-game store for XBOX too at the moment.

I would very highly recommend the Thrustmaster HOTAS One as the XBOX compatible controller for it too. So factor that into your purchase too - it is about £85.

CJ

Sounds good.  For me I need that Longitude mod for the flight dynamics including the various paints that's offered.  The default flight model over a year later from the sim's release still isn't quite right.  The same can be said about other default aircraft that modders have made into amazing renditions in the sim.  And all the paints that's offered is amazing for various aircraft.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

6 hours ago, CJ1045 said:

CJ

Many thanks CJ I thought about this but the reviews on Amazon were not very good saying at best they last three months then go out of calibration and you cant recalibrate? - not sure if this is true? Best and thanks Chris  

Thanks again everyone I am really going for the x Box version as this will work for us especially as I am not very good with technology.

1 hour ago, Chrisjh3604 said:

Thanks again everyone I am really going for the x Box version as this will work for us especially as I am not very good with technology.

As an FSX simmer since it came out, I could not be more happy with MSFS on my Xbox series X. I could write paragraphs why I think the X is a better platform for me, but the technology aspect is a one reason. I can’t count the hours I spent tweaking my computers and chasing bugs for what 15 years.  I don’t miss that one bit. Now I spend all my sim time flying, not tweaking. 

Love Airplanes and American Muscle Cars