Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

Installing Tongass Fjords and the RTMM Add on...

If you want all the goodness that Tongass Fjords offers installed, and then the TONS of supporting (region) art assets from RTMM, (Return to Misty Moorings) then I have a very quick dance step to get you up and running, all installed in about an hour from download.

First, you need to go to the RTMM Home Page, and register. You will be vetted through email in about 1 to 3 days. Complete the registration, and now, you can access the Tongass Fjords forum and link to the what was once commercial for pay only.

Once you download the required Tongass X for P3D,  (it will use the .xml method of installation)  add the unzipped folder into your P3D 4 or 5 ADD ON folder in your Documents Folder.

Then download the RTMM ADD ON (.xml) and after unzipping the either the dedicated P3D 4 or the P3D 5 version, place that into the appropriate  ADD ON folder within your Documents Folder. 

You then need to add 40 TEXTURE files (found with all the files and instructions also on the RTMM forum) and where to place them and then to save the Texture.cfg file for either P3D 4 or 5, and then...you are a few moments away from some really great interaction in the PNW region.

The one final thing you ABSOLUTELY NEED TO DO...is to open up the two folders you just placed into your P3D ADD ON folder, and you will see all the sub folders.  Click on the SimObjects and you will see the sub folder for airplanes, boats, and when starting with Airplanes,  keep this window open, and then open the SimObject (native) Folder in your P3D 4 or 5 installation and then open and click on the (for starters)  Airplane folder.  

Now you will see all the names of the aircraft and their folders before you.  Now...compare what you see in the Airplane Folder inside the ADD ON folder...with what planes are in your in game SimObjects Airplane folder..and  if you see the SAME..again, if you see the SAME aircraft folder in your in-sim SimObjects folder...DELETE it...you won't need it.  That plane will be .xml ghosted into your running sim.  Now...if you have both Sesquashtoo Aircraft BOTH in the two windows...of the two opened SimObjects...when you next run either P3D 4 or 5, it will ask you if you want to add Tongass Fjords AND,  RTMM ADD ON to your sim. You would press YES to both times you are asked...and if you have both Sesquash Plane in your add on folder, and also within your actual in game SimObjects folder, you will then after all the files are executed, will have MULTIPLE COPIES (which you can not have..and will cause errors, and will cause that plane, Sesquashtoo Plane NOT to be loaded into the sim.

So...by deleting Sesquashtoo Plane in your in-game SimObject Airplane folder, you have eliminated what would have generatedmultiple copy error for that plane.  That plane will be added to your flight simulator by means of the ADD on folder and the addon.xml that will instruct it to do so.

Same for BOATS now...open both BOATS, and compare the list FIRST in the ADD ON Folder BOATS...and then look for if you also have Sesquashtoo Boat already in your in sim BOAT folder...yep...delete each and every one that is listed in the ADD ON folder, in your in sim SimObjects/Boats/Sesquashtoo Boat or what ever real name it is.  Once you have done that for both your Airplane Folder (in sim) and your Boat Folder (in sim) you are now good to go.

ONLY THEN, FIRE UP EITHER SIM...PRESS YES TO ADDING THE CONTENT, AND AFTER P3D 4 OR 5 DOES ITS THING...YOU WILL COME UP TO YOUR NORMAL FLIGHT/SCENERY SET UP MASK

Do not omit first making sure you have no duplicates of the ADD ON SimObjects Aircraft and Boats, with the same also installed in the in sim (same) or you will have all the error boxes come up..that you will have to close, and then all that content planes and boats will not be available to you.

About an hour from the time you get registered, download the zips...do all that I show above...and you will have TONS of new scenery...animated, boats, smoke plumes, blowing in the wind flags,  people walking around...on the piers, working,  etc. I first recommend to go to PAKT, and then fly or take a boat all around the region, and you will be amazed at what adding all this does for your viewing and entertainment pleasure.  The scenery is very detailed and well done...oh...birds flying, near the fisheries...and boats...landing on the water...taking off, other marine animals abound...and great sounds...natural spatial sounds when you have your boat or plane engine shut down. I have already taken flights...and my yacht to most of the locations...and WHAT A BLAST!

Post Edit. If you do not have a boat that you can operate/steer, you really might wish to think of getting one. There is SO MUCH detail that you will miss from the air...and getting to or leaving from some of these properties, or as you tour a region, can only really be fully immersed, if you are on the water...and can SEE all the great detail...that (nope..) you would miss at elevation and at speed flying over it.  Yes, you will see the properties, the piers, the cabins, the factories..but..you will miss being amonst it all, upon the water...moving about the boats, seeing the great detail of the decks, the crew, even special animated effects...none of which can be truly appreciated 2,000 feet at 120 knots flying over it all.... 🙂

Enjoy, for I sure am!  I have both installed in P3D 4 and 5, and 5 is much better as this will NOT BE  an  FPS killer DX11 in P3D 4.5   Just sayin'...you might want to only install in P3D 5.x as you also get all the PBR goodness as well...

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for the advice and information on this - has been on my list to do for awhile - got sidetracked with ORBX's Pac NW and Alaska, then I got sidetracked with the Aleutians- so I guess the question is - any idea of any conflicts or issue with the ORBX stuff for this area? I already have the RTMM libraries etc for other reasons (some minor Alaska scenery requires it).

• Like 1

Wow, Just what I've been looking for.

I've downloaded the Master scenery pack, for conventional instals, the 1st download option, & the TongassX install pack as well.

I'm getting all the files ready to install, however, I cannot find the 40 TEXTURE files that you speak about. I have looked through the forum, but I seem to have missed it.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

6 hours ago, coastaldriver said:

Thanks for the advice and information on this - has been on my list to do for awhile - got sidetracked with ORBX's Pac NW and Alaska, then I got sidetracked with the Aleutians- so I guess the question is - any idea of any conflicts or issue with the ORBX stuff for this area? I already have the RTMM libraries etc for other reasons (some minor Alaska scenery requires it).

Nope...and IN FACT, they (RTMM) ADVISE, you to have all the PNW/Orbx content, as T.F. blends in seamlessly. I am having a blast...and I do recommend you delete all your RTMM properties, that you have right now in your Add On (in sim) Folder, because you will then get every property they have...and so easy (painless) to install.  P3D 4 or 5 does all the heavy lifting... 🙂

So...Orbx anything and especially PNW with T.F. and RTMM is a good marriage but you must add those 40 texture files in both the P3D 4 and/or 5 OR you will see some 'stuff'.  If you do the install as required...painless....

32 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

Wow, Just what I've been looking for.

I've downloaded the Master scenery pack, for conventional instals, the 1st download option, & the TongassX install pack as well.

I'm getting all the files ready to install, however, I cannot find the 40 TEXTURE files that you speak about. I have looked through the forum, but I seem to have missed it.

Be right back...

Here you go...

2) Adding the 40 Tongass Entries to your Terrain.cfg and Re-Numbering them.  

The terrain.cfg file is located below

Local Disk (C:) ► ProgramData ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D - terrain.cfg

To locate this file Tick the Box for Show Hidden Files, folders and drives in File Explorer Options, Click here for Image https://goo.gl/Cn95oZ

Also, A quick way of locating this file is to Copy the TEX below and Paste it into your Windows Search bar and click on the result, this will bring you directly to the location

%PROGRAMDATA%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D 

(Look below the following set of install instructions for the actual files to copy and paste:)

Now...copy all these files, and PASTE them to the BOTTOM of what you already have in the Texture.cfg file. Next...notice the [Texture.xxx] number or the LAST texture entry BEFORE you added these 40 texture files.  Now simple...make the first .xxx the next number in sequence.  Do that for all the rest of the other 39 files. Then..go to the top of the Texture.cfg file and add 40 to the number of the files at the top right.  Whatever that number is now..add 40 more to that count. THEN SAVE THE FILE. You are now done.  If you want to add this to P3D 4 or 5, 5 or 4, you have to do this in that P3D version once more...and make sure with each Texture.cfg file that you note the ending Texture.xxx before you add the 40 files. and start in each Texture.cfg file with the NEXT number in sequence.  You then do all of my instructions above...and wham bam...you are done!  Hit the P3D 4 or 5 icon, and let that puppy now do the heavy lifting...

// Tongass Fjords FSX custom textures 1 of 40
[Texture.XXX]
Name=Tongass_Utility_Corridor_Vectors
Color=FFC0C0C0
guid={2D393C42-36BB-46bd-A44D-DCAEF8C2F49D}
Textures=HS_FSX_utilities_wi.bmp,HS_FSX_utilities_hw.bmp,HS_FSX_utilities_su.bmp,HS_FSX_utilities_su.bmp,HS_FSX_utilities_su.bmp
Layout=3_PLUS_1
StripWidthMeters=1
LandClassRemapType=none
VectorAutogen={12F31285-6183-284D-AE9E-E0D27715E792}
ExcludeAutogen=Yes
RenderToTexture=No
RenderPriority=41000
Water=No

// Tongass Fjords FSX custom textures 2 of 40
[Texture.XXX]
Name=Tongass_Custom_Stream_Vectors
Color=FF01A2FF
guid={FCA4CA38-C54C-413d-B716-BB0BF09A8519}
Textures=HS_FSX_streams_AK_wi.bmp,HS_FSX_streams_AK_hw.bmp,HS_FSX_streams_AK_su.bmp,HS_FSX_streams_AK_su.bmp,HS_FSX_streams_AK_su.bmp
Layout=3_PLUS_1
StripWidthMeters=14
FlattenMode=none
FlattenOffsetMeters=-1
FlattenPriority=11000
LandClassRemapType=none
ExcludeAutogen=Yes
RenderToTexture=Yes
RenderPriority=93500
Water=No

// Tongass Fjords FSX custom textures 3 of 40
[Texture.XXX]
Name=Tongass_Whitewater_Stream_Vectors
Color=FF01A2FF
guid={9A92F094-6149-482e-A911-D44CEA741218}
Textures=HS_FSX_whitewater_AK_hw.bmp,HS_FSX_whitewater_AK_hw.bmp,HS_FSX_whitewater_AK_su.bmp,HS_FSX_whitewater_AK_su.bmp,HS_FSX_whitewater_AK_su.bmp
Layout=3_PLUS_1
StripWidthMeters=12
FlattenMode=none
FlattenOffsetMeters=-1
FlattenPriority=11000
LandClassRemapType=none
ExcludeAutogen=Yes
RenderToTexture=Yes
RenderPriority=93500
Water=No

// Tongass Fjords FSX custom textures 4 of 40
[Texture.XXX]
Name=Tongass_Effect-only_Shoreline_Vectors
Color=FFC0C000
guid={BD61D6A6-5CCB-4a75-99AC-F93EB8409E30}
Textures=HS_FSX_shore_ocean_AK_su.bmp,HS_FSX_shore_ocean_AK_hw.bmp,HS_FSX_shore_ocean_AK_su.bmp,HS_FSX_shore_ocean_AK_su.bmp,HS_FSX_shore_ocean_AK_su.bmp
Layout=3_PLUS_4
StripWidthMeters=1
Effect=wavecontroller
LandClassRemapType=none
ExcludeAutogen=Yes
RenderToTexture=No
RenderPriority=70000
Water=No

// Tongass Fjords FSX custom textures 5 of 40
[Texture.XXX]
Name=Tongass_Ocean_Shoreline_Vectors
Color=FFC0C000
guid={AEF4E4E3-167C-4853-A97E-A8975584187F}
Textures=HS_FSX_shore_ocean_AK_wi.bmp,HS_FSX_shore_ocean_AK_hw.bmp,HS_FSX_shore_ocean_AK_su.bmp,HS_FSX_shore_ocean_AK_su.bmp,HS_FSX_shore_ocean_AK_su.bmp
Layout=3_PLUS_4
StripWidthMeters=17
Effect=fx_HS_FSX_oceanwavecontroller
LandClassRemapType=none
ExcludeAutogen=Yes
RenderToTexture=Yes
RenderPriority=92000
Water=No

// Tongass Fjords FSX custom textures 6 of 40
[Texture.XXX]
Name=Tongass_Lake_Shoreline_Vectors
Color=FFC0C000
guid={FD74842C-82F7-424f-818E-30BDADDF0FB6}
Textures=HS_FSX_shore_lake_AK_wi.bmp,HS_FSX_shore_lake_AK_hw.bmp,HS_FSX_shore_lake_AK_su.bmp,HS_FSX_shore_lake_AK_su.bmp,HS_FSX_shore_lake_AK_su.bmp
Layout=3_PLUS_4
StripWidthMeters=15
LandClassRemapType=none
ExcludeAutogen=Yes
RenderToTexture=Yes
RenderPriority=92000
Water=No

// Tongass Fjords FSX custom textures 7 of 40
[Texture.XXX]
Name=Tongass_River_Shoreline_Vectors
Color=FFC0C000
guid={6D2A1EF9-4D58-426f-8F06-A64955234200}
Textures=HS_FSX_shore_river_AK_wi.bmp,HS_FSX_shore_river_AK_hw.bmp,HS_FSX_shore_river_AK_su.bmp,HS_FSX_shore_river_AK_su.bmp,HS_FSX_shore_river_AK_su.bmp
Layout=3_PLUS_4
StripWidthMeters=10
LandClassRemapType=none
ExcludeAutogen=Yes
RenderToTexture=Yes
RenderPriority=92000
Water=No

// Tongass Fjords FSX custom textures 8 of 40
[Texture.XXX]
Name=Tongass_Glacier_Edge_Vectors
Color=FFC0C000
guid={94215586-8522-4400-B3AB-23ACFBFF3963}
Textures=HS_FSX_glacier_edge_ns.bmp,HS_FSX_glacier_edge_ns.bmp,HS_FSX_glacier_edge_ns.bmp,HS_FSX_glacier_edge_ns.bmp,HS_FSX_glacier_edge_ns.bmp
Layout=3_PLUS_4
StripWidthMeters=40
LandClassRemapType=none
ExcludeAutogen=Yes
RenderToTexture=Yes
RenderPriority=95000
Water=No

// Tongass Fjords FSX custom textures 9 of 40
[Texture.XXX]
Name=Tongass_Pier_Edge_Vectors
Color=FFC0C000
guid={E4107987-FEC4-45f0-AC70-4036F77D94F4}
Textures=HS_FSX_piers_ns.bmp,HS_FSX_piers_ns.bmp,HS_FSX_piers_ns.bmp,HS_FSX_piers_ns.bmp,HS_FSX_piers_ns.bmp,HS_FSX_piers_lm.bmp
Layout=3_PLUS_4
StripWidthMeters=8
LandClassRemapType=none
ExcludeAutogen=Yes
RenderToTexture=Yes
RenderPriority=92500
Water=No

// Tongass Fjords FSX custom textures 10 of 40
[Texture.XXX]
Name=Tongass_Airstrip_Runway_Grass_Vectors
Color=FFC00000
guid={B67BB454-E638-4da6-ACCA-D01E482F326D}
Textures=HS_FSX_airstriprunway_grass_wi.bmp,HS_FSX_airstriprunway_grass_hw.bmp,HS_FSX_airstriprunway_grass_sp.bmp,HS_FSX_airstriprunway_grass_su.bmp,HS_FSX_airstriprunway_grass_fa.bmp
Layout=3_PLUS_4
StripWidthMeters=25
LandClassRemapType=none
ExcludeAutogen=Yes
RenderToTexture=Yes
RenderPriority=39000
Water=No

// Tongass Fjords FSX custom textures 11 of 40
[Texture.XXX]
Name=Tongass_Airstrip_Runway_Dirt_Vectors
Color=FFC00000
guid={014FFD42-ED80-4b88-BB8B-9128ACD3EC29}
Textures=HS_FSX_airstriprunway_dirt_wi.bmp,HS_FSX_airstriprunway_dirt_hw.bmp,HS_FSX_airstriprunway_dirt_sp.bmp,HS_FSX_airstriprunway_dirt_su.bmp,HS_FSX_airstriprunway_dirt_fa.bmp
Layout=3_PLUS_4
StripWidthMeters=25
LandClassRemapType=none
ExcludeAutogen=Yes
RenderToTexture=Yes
RenderPriority=39010
Water=No

// Tongass Fjords FSX custom textures 12 of 40
[Texture.XXX]
Name=Tongass_Airstrip_Runway_Gravel_Vectors
Color=FFC00000
guid={0AA77D62-316F-472d-8198-92871CF59A8F}
Textures=HS_FSX_airstriprunway_gravel_wi.bmp,HS_FSX_airstriprunway_gravel_hw.bmp,HS_FSX_airstriprunway_gravel_sp.bmp,HS_FSX_airstriprunway_gravel_su.bmp,HS_FSX_airstriprunway_gravel_fa.bmp
Layout=3_PLUS_4
StripWidthMeters=25
LandClassRemapType=none
ExcludeAutogen=Yes
RenderToTexture=Yes
RenderPriority=39020
Water=No

// Tongass Fjords FSX custom textures 13 of 40
[Texture.XXX]
Name=Tongass_Airstrip_Centerline_Grass_Vectors
Color=FFC00000
guid={C7FF4A70-438C-4b77-A669-2A96D8BAD566}
Textures=HS_FSX_airstripcenterline_grass_wi.bmp,HS_FSX_airstripcenterline_grass_hw.bmp,HS_FSX_airstripcenterline_grass_sp.bmp,HS_FSX_airstripcenterline_grass_su.bmp,HS_FSX_airstripcenterline_grass_fa.bmp
Layout=3_PLUS_4
StripWidthMeters=25
LandClassRemapType=none
ExcludeAutogen=Yes
RenderToTexture=Yes
RenderPriority=39500
Water=No

// Tongass Fjords FSX custom textures 14 of 40
[Texture.XXX]
Name=Tongass_Airstrip_Centerline_Dirt_Vectors
Color=FFC00000
guid={D15ABB49-F539-4d59-B2C2-5659E8858023}
Textures=HS_FSX_airstripcenterline_dirt_wi.bmp,HS_FSX_airstripcenterline_dirt_hw.bmp,HS_FSX_airstripcenterline_dirt_sp.bmp,HS_FSX_airstripcenterline_dirt_su.bmp,HS_FSX_airstripcenterline_dirt_fa.bmp
Layout=3_PLUS_4
StripWidthMeters=25
LandClassRemapType=none
ExcludeAutogen=Yes
RenderToTexture=Yes
RenderPriority=39510
Water=No

// Tongass Fjords FSX custom textures 15 of 40
[Texture.XXX]
Name=Tongass_Airstrip_Centerline_Gravel_Vectors
Color=FFC00000
guid={010E1C08-9E6C-4d4a-8DD3-B266CB0C4B85}
Textures=HS_FSX_airstripcenterline_gravel_wi.bmp,HS_FSX_airstripcenterline_gravel_hw.bmp,HS_FSX_airstripcenterline_gravel_sp.bmp,HS_FSX_airstripcenterline_gravel_su.bmp,HS_FSX_airstripcenterline_gravel_fa.bmp
Layout=3_PLUS_4
StripWidthMeters=25
LandClassRemapType=none
ExcludeAutogen=Yes
RenderToTexture=Yes
RenderPriority=39520
Water=No

// Tongass Fjords FSX custom textures 16 of 40
[Texture.XXX]
Name=Tongass_Airstrip_Blending_Grass_Vectors
Color=FFC00000
guid={3E0A3C41-4E01-47ff-9AE8-6EB6C75D40F6}
Textures=HS_FSX_airstripblending_grass_wi.bmp,HS_FSX_airstripblending_grass_hw.bmp,HS_FSX_airstripblending_grass_sp.bmp,HS_FSX_airstripblending_grass_su.bmp,HS_FSX_airstripblending_grass_fa.bmp
Layout=3_PLUS_4
StripWidthMeters=15
LandClassRemapType=none
ExcludeAutogen=Yes
RenderToTexture=Yes
RenderPriority=39500
Water=No

// Tongass Fjords FSX custom textures 17 of 40
[Texture.XXX]
Name=Tongass_Airstrip_Blending_Dirt_Vectors
Color=FFC00000
guid={D0BFF35F-EFC8-4fd5-94D4-46BE66CBB9FD}
Textures=HS_FSX_airstripblending_dirt_wi.bmp,HS_FSX_airstripblending_dirt_hw.bmp,HS_FSX_airstripblending_dirt_sp.bmp,HS_FSX_airstripblending_dirt_su.bmp,HS_FSX_airstripblending_dirt_fa.bmp
Layout=3_PLUS_4
StripWidthMeters=15
LandClassRemapType=none
ExcludeAutogen=Yes
RenderToTexture=Yes
RenderPriority=39510
Water=No

// Tongass Fjords FSX custom textures 18 of 40
[Texture.XXX]
Name=Tongass_Airstrip_Blending_Gravel_Vectors
Color=FFC00000
guid={3EBFD204-C526-4580-94C2-C8F96AC4B269}
Textures=HS_FSX_airstripblending_gravel_wi.bmp,HS_FSX_airstripblending_gravel_hw.bmp,HS_FSX_airstripblending_gravel_sp.bmp,HS_FSX_airstripblending_gravel_su.bmp,HS_FSX_airstripblending_gravel_fa.bmp
Layout=3_PLUS_4
StripWidthMeters=15
LandClassRemapType=none
ExcludeAutogen=Yes
RenderToTexture=Yes
RenderPriority=39520
Water=No

// Tongass Fjords FSX custom textures 19 of 40
[Texture.XXX]
Name=Tongass_Foot_Trail_Vectors
Color=FFC00000
guid={72885ECD-0044-4f0c-8810-D54943776930}
Textures=HS_FSX_trails_AK_hw.bmp,HS_FSX_trails_AK_hw.bmp,HS_FSX_trails_AK_su.bmp,HS_FSX_trails_AK_su.bmp,HS_FSX_trails_AK_su.bmp
Layout=3_PLUS_4
StripWidthMeters=8
LandClassRemapType=none
ExcludeAutogen=No
RenderToTexture=Yes
RenderPriority=100000
Water=No

// Tongass Fjords FSX custom textures 20 of 40
[Texture.XXX]
Name=Tongass_Gravel_Road_Vectors
Color=FFC00000
guid={4B2C8A99-3DCE-4d9e-B830-659471F794D5}
Textures=HS_FSX_road_gravel_AK_wi.bmp,HS_FSX_road_gravel_AK_hw.bmp,HS_FSX_road_gravel_AK_su.bmp,HS_FSX_road_gravel_AK_su.bmp,HS_FSX_road_gravel_AK_su.bmp
Layout=3_PLUS_4
StripWidthMeters=10
FlattenMode=flat
FlattenPriority=21000
LandClassRemapType=none
ExcludeAutogen=Yes
RenderToTexture=Yes
RenderPriority=101000
Water=No

// Tongass Fjords FSX custom textures 21 of 40
[Texture.XXX]
Name=Tongass_Asphalt_Road_Wide_Vectors
Color=FFC00000
guid={52A91333-6129-434c-926C-7063D8710F53}
Textures=HS_FSX_road_asphalt_w_AK_su.bmp,HS_FSX_road_asphalt_w_AK_hw.bmp,HS_FSX_road_asphalt_w_AK_su.bmp,HS_FSX_road_asphalt_w_AK_su.bmp,HS_FSX_road_asphalt_w_AK_su.bmp,HS_FSX_road_asphalt_w_AK_lm.bmp
Layout=3_PLUS_4
StripWidthMeters=14
FlattenMode=flat
FlattenPriority=21000
LandClassRemapType=none
ExcludeAutogen=Yes
RenderToTexture=Yes
RenderPriority=103000
Water=No

// Tongass Fjords FSX custom textures 22 of 40
[Texture.XXX]
Name=Tongass_Asphalt_Road_Narrow_Vectors
Color=FFC00000
guid={A777884F-BB4B-466d-9D26-058CF647B87E}
Textures=HS_FSX_road_asphalt_AK_su.bmp,HS_FSX_road_asphalt_AK_hw.bmp,HS_FSX_road_asphalt_AK_su.bmp,HS_FSX_road_asphalt_AK_su.bmp,HS_FSX_road_asphalt_AK_su.bmp,HS_FSX_road_asphalt_AK_lm.bmp
Layout=3_PLUS_4
StripWidthMeters=10
FlattenMode=flat
FlattenPriority=21000
LandClassRemapType=none
ExcludeAutogen=Yes
RenderToTexture=Yes
RenderPriority=102000
Water=No

// Tongass Fjords FSX custom textures 23 of 40
[Texture.XXX]
Name=Tongass_Town_Polygons
Color=FF00C000
guid={08620396-86AF-4ce2-AB24-4DFC2483088B}
Textures=LARGE_CITY_SUBURBAN_NON_GRID_WET
ExcludeAutogen=No
RenderToTexture=Yes
RenderPriority=35500
Water=No

// Tongass Fjords FSX custom textures 24 of 40
[Texture.XXX]
Name=Tongass_Residential_Polygons
Color=FF00C000
guid={A4D6102C-1BC8-437a-BB09-C50D39B904EC}
Textures=SMALL_CITY_SUBURBAN_NON_GRID_WET
ExcludeAutogen=No
RenderToTexture=Yes
RenderPriority=35500
Water=No

// Tongass Fjords FSX custom textures 25 of 40
[Texture.XXX]
Name=Tongass_Cutblocks_NoRegen_Polygons
Color=FF00C000
guid={0FBDB4FA-5066-46aa-9895-024F83C1CA23}
Textures=HOT_AND_MILD_GRASSES_AND_SHRUBS
ExcludeAutogen=No
RenderToTexture=Yes
RenderPriority=35500
Water=No

// Tongass Fjords FSX custom textures 26 of 40
[Texture.XXX]
Name=Tongass_Cutblocks_Regen_Polygons
Color=FF00C000
guid={2ED98988-4FA9-49c4-93EF-12D196BC3141}
Textures=COLD_GRASSLAND
ExcludeAutogen=No
RenderToTexture=Yes
RenderPriority=35500
Water=No

// Tongass Fjords FSX custom textures 27 of 40
[Texture.XXX]
Name=Tongass_Parking_Lot_Polygons
Color=FF00C000
guid={572E186F-2AFE-40ed-A0E0-471E092B3B81}
Textures=HS_FSX_parkinglot_ns.bmp,HS_FSX_parkinglot_ns.bmp,HS_FSX_parkinglot_ns.bmp,HS_FSX_parkinglot_ns.bmp,HS_FSX_parkinglot_ns.bmp,HS_FSX_parkinglot_lm.bmp
ExcludeAutogen=Yes
RenderToTexture=Yes
RenderPriority=36000
Water=No

// Tongass Fjords FSX custom textures 28 of 40
[Texture.XXX]
Name=Tongass_Concrete_Polygons
Color=FF00C000
guid={D752B3EA-4080-4529-9833-256CB3EBBD51}
Textures=HS_FSX_concrete_ns.bmp,HS_FSX_concrete_hw.bmp,HS_FSX_concrete_ns.bmp,HS_FSX_concrete_ns.bmp,HS_FSX_concrete_ns.bmp,HS_FSX_concrete_lm.bmp
ExcludeAutogen=Yes
RenderToTexture=Yes
RenderPriority=36000
Water=No

// Tongass Fjords FSX custom textures 29 of 40
[Texture.XXX]
Name=Tongass_Airstrip_Skirting_Grass_Polygons
Color=FF00C000
guid={CD941FD5-DD39-48ef-B709-F9FA70D92A07}
Textures=GRASS
ExcludeAutogen=Yes
RenderToTexture=Yes
RenderPriority=36000
Water=No

// Tongass Fjords FSX custom textures 30 of 40
[Texture.XXX]
Name=Tongass_Airstrip_Skirting_Dirt_Polygons
Color=FF00C000
guid={4EDB697F-46C1-457d-BD89-2F8E8CFCC9C2}
Textures=AIRFIELD1
ExcludeAutogen=Yes
RenderToTexture=Yes
RenderPriority=37000
Water=No

// Tongass Fjords FSX custom textures 31 of 40
[Texture.XXX]
Name=Tongass_Airstrip_Skirting_Gravel_Polygons
Color=FF00C000
guid={882EDEED-D1C1-4e8d-80F3-1CE3F0B51F7F}
Textures=AIRFIELD2
ExcludeAutogen=Yes
RenderToTexture=Yes
RenderPriority=38000
Water=No

// Tongass Fjords FSX custom textures 32 of 40
[Texture.XXX]
Name=Tongass_Forest_Polygons
Color=FF00C000
guid={77B0E345-1A9E-434c-95ED-4BF3BD6ED50D}
Textures=COOL_CONIFER_FOREST
ExcludeAutogen=No
RenderToTexture=Yes
RenderPriority=35000
Water=No

// Tongass Fjords FSX custom textures 33 of 40
[Texture.XXX]
Name=Tongass_Gravelbar_Polygons
Color=FF00C000
guid={0D2DF352-247C-4444-A250-E874D00210AD}
Textures=GRASS_CROPS
ExcludeAutogen=Yes
RenderToTexture=Yes
RenderPriority=35500
Water=No

// Tongass Fjords FSX custom textures 34 of 40
[Texture.XXX]
Name=Tongass_Mudflats_Polygons
Color=FF00C000
guid={1C9965F3-D6E1-4fc2-9104-D22232492831}
Textures=CORN_AND_BEANS_CROPLAND
ExcludeAutogen=Yes
RenderToTexture=Yes
RenderPriority=35500
Water=No

// Tongass Fjords FSX custom textures 35 of 40
[Texture.XXX]
Name=Tongass_Muskegs_Polygons
Color=FF00C000
guid={C94E5D68-E0D9-4464-BBA5-56DD3000A080}
Textures=CROPS_AND_TOWN
ExcludeAutogen=No
RenderToTexture=Yes
RenderPriority=35500
Water=No

// Tongass Fjords FSX custom textures 36 of 40
[Texture.XXX]
Name=Tongass_LandWaterMask_Water_Ocean
Color=FF416BAB
guid={F1A114C7-200B-426c-BD15-D5FFD01BA30E}
Textures=OCEAN_SEA_LARGE_LAKE_0
FlattenMode=slope
FlattenPriority=90000
LandClassRemapType=none
ExcludeAutogen=Yes
RenderToTexture=Yes
RenderPriority=82000
Water=Yes

// Tongass Fjords FSX custom textures 37 of 40
[Texture.XXX]
Name=Tongass_Lake_and_River_Ice_Polygons
Color=FF00C000
guid={8FB3E60D-9E24-4c68-9895-90938E777341}
Textures=HS_FSX_ice_water_wi.bmp,HS_FSX_ice_water_hw.bmp,HS_FSX_ice_water_su.bmp,HS_FSX_ice_water_su.bmp,HS_FSX_ice_water_su.bmp,HS_FSX_ice_water_lm.bmp
LandClassRemapType=none
ExcludeAutogen=Yes
RenderToTexture=Yes
RenderPriority=84000
Water=No

// Tongass Fjords FSX custom textures 38 of 40
[Texture.XXX]
Name=Tongass_LandWaterMask_Water_Lake
Color=FF416BAB
guid={14FFF999-3827-436c-913E-161557730B67}
FlattenMode=slope
FlattenPriority=70000
LandClassRemapType=none
ExcludeAutogen=Yes
RenderToTexture=Yes
RenderPriority=82000
Water=Yes

// Tongass Fjords FSX custom textures 39 of 40
[Texture.XXX]
Name=Tongass_LandWaterMask_Water_River
Color=FF416BAB
guid={D415FC5A-C2AF-4a59-BDAF-2AFBD9873A68}
FlattenMode=slope
FlattenPriority=80000
LandClassRemapType=none
ExcludeAutogen=Yes
RenderToTexture=Yes
RenderPriority=83000
Water=Yes

// Tongass Fjords FSX custom textures 40 of 40
[Texture.XXX]
Name=Tongass_AutoGen_Exclude
Color=FFFFFF00
guid={2D373F20-DC64-4758-B920-731FB2A360CD}
FlattenMode=none
LandClassRemapType=none
ExcludeAutogen=Yes
RenderToTexture=No
RenderPriority=200000
Water=No

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Upvote 1

Phew, thanks so much.. that was quick..

If it's the missing texture file is TFX Simobjects AI update for P3Dv4V1.1 8-7-17.zip, I get a File Not Found error..

I'm sure I'm trying to find it correctly..

Edited by Wobbie

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

13 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

Phew, thanks so much.. that was quick..

If it's the TFX Simobjects AI update for P3Dv4V1.1 8-7-17.zip, I get a File Not Found error..

I'm sure I'm trying to find it correctly..

You do  not need that, Wobbie.  Just download T.F. x for P3D. Then find (I think home page of SCENERY)_ the RTMM Add-On zip for either P3D 4 or 5. YOU MUST use the dedicated P3D v5 RTMM Add-On zip for that version. Then unzip both...and place them into your P3D 5.x  Add On folder within Documents.  Follow all my instructons..and you are good to go.  If you have ANY previous hand-added in RTMM properties, FIRST RUN P3D 5.X AND GO TO YOUR SCENERY FILE, AND DELETE ALL THE ENTRIES. THEN, DELETE THEM ALL IN YOUR ADD ON FOLDER (IN SIM). NOW WHEN YOU RUN P3D 5.X NEXT, YOU WILL BE ADDING ALL (I THINK OVER 80 TITLES) VIA .XML TO YOUR ADD ON FOLDER.

Edited by Sesquashtoo

Ahhh! I just got a bit confused for a moment. So I have TFX, & RTMM Master for P3Dv4 (I dont have v5) & I'll be installing them 'old school' manually, not via .XML

I'm happier with that. So I dont need those 40 Textures then?

Oops, I think I'm confusing myself..

So I had downloaded the RTMM Master Scenery Pack, only now am I downloading the RTMM Add-on for P3Dv4.. 

I'll be good to go then? Nothing else needed?

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

29 minutes ago, Wobbie said:

Ahhh! I just got a bit confused for a moment. So I have TFX, & RTMM Master for P3Dv4 (I dont have v5) & I'll be installing them 'old school' manually, not via .XML

I'm happier with that. So I dont need those 40 Textures then?

Oops, I think I'm confusing myself..

So I had downloaded the RTMM Master Scenery Pack, only now am I downloading the RTMM Add-on for P3Dv4.. 

I'll be good to go then? Nothing else needed?

I really must state, that you do NOT want to add them old school... the amount of properties, would have you die of old age....

Using the .xml not only will it be painless...but will be done correctly.

You must add those 40 files to your P3D (hidden) Texture.cfg file. Please follow my instructions on that regard. People who ignore this...run into malformed land terrain.

Right...you downloaded the wrong zip. If you have the RTMM Add On zip for P3D 4, then you are good to go. Place that unzipped folder along with the unzipped T.F. X folder, both into your P3D 4 ADD ON folder inside Documents, and then do all of the needed 'stuff', and only THEN run P3D 4.x  It will ask you within about 30 seconds if you want to ADD either T.F. first, or RTMM ADD On first, ..and then will ask you the 2nd question, of either T.F. or ADD ON...you press YES for both screens that come up...sit back, sip a coffee and let P3D 4.5 do its thing. When you get to your flight screen...it's all done...and from there on...you have a properly installed RTMM installation of both T.F. and every property they have made for P3D 4.x  Enjoy!

Edited by Sesquashtoo

Great, Thanks so much for taking the time to explain to me.

I've been a Misty fan since FS2004, & have Misty & most, if not all the bits, in a separate FS Alaska install..

Now to get P3Dv4.5 going with RTMM

• Like 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...

Forgot, one final thing,  fire up Orbx Central and go to P3D v5, and then go into SETTINGS and at the left bottom of the page pick, INSERTION POINT, and then set Airports (top mask) to insert BELOW Tongass Fjords Lower  Priority.  

17 hours ago, Wobbie said:

Great, Thanks so much for taking the time to explain to me.

I've been a Misty fan since FS2004, & have Misty & most, if not all the bits, in a separate FS Alaska install..

Now to get P3Dv4.5 going with RTMM

Have fun, and you are most welcome!  I'm really enjoying after my install session.

16 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Forgot, one final thing,  fire up Orbx Central and go to P3D v5, and then go into SETTINGS and at the left bottom of the page pick, INSERTION POINT, and then set Airports (top mask) to insert BELOW Tongass Fjords Lower  Priority.  

Disregard my post above...

This is the RIGHT Scenery Library Setting for T.F's..

Go into Orbx Central and then SETTINGS and then INSERTION POINT

On the top, set to TOP OF LIBRARY

At the Bottom, set to BELOW T.F. Low Priority

Now..you're ground and mountain textures will be just peachy....and not mixed up and mottled.  When you are flying in and over T.F. scope...you will get the T.F. custom ortho...but as soon as out of the range, Orbx Global will take over, with the above settings for insertion points. What these insertion settings will do, is place both T.F. High and Lower BETWEEN all your Orbx airports and regions, but ABOVE general Orbx Global LC.  If you don't have it set as I suggest, you will within T.F.'s scope, see blotchy and mismatched ground textures that will look horrible. Not only that...textures settings not properly set is a major cause of compete pause animation and severe stutters, as texture maps are fighting each other for dominance, and the placement confuses P3D 4 or 5's terrain A.I.   If you have major pauses, or really bad stutters...open up your Scenery Library and do a study of the order of what you have...for you could very well have texture map conflicts...and THAT translates to jerk and stutter in animation....

Edited by Sesquashtoo

Just a comment on all of the above. It is a huge investment in time and effort, but well worth it. Hats off to all the people at RTMM who have given us their knowledge and labor without  charging. However, there is an area on their home page where you can click to donate whatever you see fit to help with the costs of their server and maintenance. That is strictly voluntary. No one ever mentioned it to me when I signed on. I only learned about it after I asked in the forum.

Sherm