Sign in to follow this  

Tour of FS Team ACES Studios

Anyone interested in seeing pictures of the ACES Studios tour I was given last week at the MVP Summit, point your browser to the [a href=http://www.fsinsider.com/Community/News-Articles/mvptour.htm]Excerpts[/a] page published at FSInsider. If you want to see even more pictures from my trip, have a look [a href=http://polypoke.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!59AFE9ED015ECF01!270.entry]here[/a]. :)I heard some good things about SP1 and the Adrenaline package, and even got to give an Adrenaline multi-player mission a [a href=http://blogs.technet.com/p-12c_pilot/archive/2007/03/19/mvp-visit.aspx]go[/a]. Very exciting stuff!Best,Owen

Oh wow. I'm going there next week and I'm definitely going to check out the Museum of Flight.Have you been to the Dulles branch of the Air and Space Museum? If so, how does it compare?

Hey Brian,I can't say that I've been to the Dulles facility, but from what I hear the Museum of Flight runs a close second to the Smithsonian, which I have been to. I would agree with that statement.I wish they would allow the Learning Center to be open to the general public so you could check that out, but I think it was open at the MVP party just for that occasion. I'm glad I got to see it first hand.I've bookmarked your blog, and I look forward to hearing more about your trip "out west."Best,Owen

Brian, don't miss the Dulles facility. Went there last year while attending the Avsim conference and it's amazing.Here's a little more on the Seattle Museum and Aviation Learning Center.:-)http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/MOFFT.htm

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Thanks, Owen.I looked at the webpage, and it seems like they have more in the way of special things, while Udvar-Hazy has a larger general gallery. That's a shame about the learning center. I'll have to make due with paying my 8 bucks for the motion simulator :(Anything else I should do while I'm out there? I think I might have some extra time on Monday.

>Anything else I should do while I'm out there? I think I>might have some extra time on Monday.Well... There is an awful lot to see if you are going to be in Seattle, and a few hours is hard to encompass a lot of things. If you're more into the sight-seeing thing, Pike's Fish Market is always a great place to go and walk around. The Space Needle is pretty cool, especially if the weather is clear.If you're in an "aviation mood," I recommend checking out Kenmore Air. I'm sure you've flown the San Juan Island Run mission in FSX, so you probably know they have a terminal at the south end of Lake Union (about a 10 min taxi from downtown). If you are going to have a rental, it might be even more fun to drive up to Kenmore, and see their main facility ... it's at the north end of Lake Washington, maybe a 30-45 minute drive from Seattle.Have fun!Best,Owen

>Brian, don't miss the Dulles facility. Went there last year>while attending the Avsim conference and it's amazing.>>Here's a little more on the Seattle Museum and Aviation>Learning Center.:-)>>http://www.eaglesoftdg.com/MOFFT.htmI actually work about 10 minutes from Dulles. I'm over there at least once a month. I love it.EDIT: Owen, if you've ever heard of the FISH Philosophy, you'll know that the fish market is high on my list. I'll definitely see about the Kenmore Air locations.

Sorry, must have misread your post. Anyway, it's sure a great visit for anyone who hasn't been there yet:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

>Sorry, must have misread your post. Anyway, it's sure a great>visit for anyone who hasn't been there yet:-)Let's just put it this way, I've wasted days of my life just walking around looking, in absolute awe of that place. It's like my metric for comparison for all other experiences.

Yes. Everything from the Concorde to the Shuttle..all under one roof:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

Guest unitedpilot36

That mallard duck addon gave me a laugh! :( Sure is interesting to see the place where FSX was produced.:)

Man, they must do a lot of testing to use up that many joysticks:-)

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png