Sign in to follow this  
Ray Proudfoot

Freeware P3D scenery site

This site has been around for quite some time and the owner does a great job of gathering together in one place all the freeware scenery available for P3D including v5.

I bought him a coffee today for his trouble. If you haven't used the site it's a great resource and many airports are a half-way house between default and payware.

https://www.freewarescenery.com/fsx.html

• Like 6
  • Upvote 4

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Do they have installers or is it one of those unzip and hope you put the stuff in the right place, type of things?

I've never had much luck getting that right.

Intel i7 6700K @4.3. 32gb Gskill 3200 RAM. Z170x Gigabyte m/b. 28" LG HD monitor. Win 10 Home. 500g Samsung 960 as Windows home. 1 Gb Mushkin SSD for P3D. GTX 1080 8gb.

@IanHarrison, no installers that I’ve come across. Just zip files with a readme. I generally add them to the Addon Scenery folder but some for v5 go into your addon folder.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Nice site. Lots of A2A repaints available, too.

Thanks Ray

Version: P3Dv5.4, P3Dv6  CPU: Core i7-13700K @ 5.5 GHz with HT on,  GPU: RTX 3080 12GB,  RAM: 32GB DDR-5MONITOR: 32" 4K with G-Sync enabled, OS: Win10 22H2, Target Frame Rate: P3D 120, NCP Max Frame Rate 35.

Rushing to the PC to check this out. Thanks for this Ray. Seems the AVSIM library is not so intuitive if you don’t have the exact title or know the developer for what you seek.

Vic green

There are a few nice airports in India that are worth having especially if you have AIG Ai installed. Lots of extra gates makes them very busy. Just watch out for the permanent haze that makes visibility a nightmare.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

An excellent resource that I've used for some years, now.

I believe a minority of the files do have installers.

Another nice feature is that towards the top of the pages are listings for payware airports sorted by country, if none of the freebies take your fancy.

Rashid Yacine

45 minutes ago, DAH4062 said:

An excellent resource that I've used for some years, now.

I believe a minority of the files do have installers.

Another nice feature is that towards the top of the pages are listings for payware airports sorted by country, if none of the freebies take your fancy.

I found this very helpful for putting together my Greek airport collection. Excellent site.

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

3 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

@IanHarrison, no installers that I’ve come across. Just zip files with a readme. I generally add them to the Addon Scenery folder but some for v5 go into your addon folder.

I found some install into v5 using the add-on.xml.method but most don't. Not to worry, a little copy and paste and XML wizardry soon had the rest of my Greek airports installed as add-ons 👍

• Like 1

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png