Sign in to follow this  
RobPol471

Nvidia driver 496.13 released

Works fine, no difference to the one before in P3D5.2 HF1.

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

Unless the release notes mention P3D I don’t see the point in using them.

• Like 2

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

It should be noted that this is the first driver of a new branch... I've learned they're not always "wonderful".😀  This branch ends support for Windows versions 8.1, 8, and 7, as well as for the Keplar series of Nvidia GPU's.  Most importantly, starting with the 496.13's Nvidia has finally forced their Game Ready Driver customers to accept only DCH drivers.  Which means no more included Nvidia Control Panel... folks now must go to the Windows Store for the NCP or use an alternative driver tweaker.  Another one of those instances that makes it hard to have warm and fuzzy feelings about the Tech industry.:angry:  On the upside, the 496.13's are the first drivers to offer "official" support for Windows 11... so there's that. :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Why does nvidia seem so set on making ncp hard to get?

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

With this driver you can manage shader cache size, nvidia add this parameter .

Don't know if that bring something for p3d

Frédéric Giraud

1 hour ago, lownslo said:

It should be noted that this is the first driver of a new branch... I've learned they're not always "wonderful".😀  This branch ends support for Windows versions 8.1, 8, and 7, as well as for the Keplar series of Nvidia GPU's.  Most importantly, starting with the 496.13's Nvidia has finally forced their Game Ready Driver customers to accept only DCH drivers.  Which means no more included Nvidia Control Panel... folks now must go to the Windows Store for the NCP or use an alternative driver tweaker.  Another one of those instances that makes it hard to have warm and fuzzy feelings about the Tech industry.:angry:  On the upside, the 496.13's are the first drivers to offer "official" support for Windows 11... so there's that. :biggrin:

What?? No more NCP? I wonder which word not allowed at Nvidia got a bonus for this stupid idea. So where exactly do we have to go and what is the file name? God, soo dumb.

Eric 

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Unless the release notes mention P3D I don’t see the point in using them.

I am perpetually a "hang back" last adopter on these.  And even then I got burned with one in late June.  Yes, it was for a different sim.  But it happens and I have learned.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/314160/discussions/0/3046104862447471029/

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

23 minutes ago, fppilot said:

I am perpetually a "hang back" last adopter on these.  And even then I got burned with one in late June.  Yes, it was for a different sim.  But it happens and I have learned.

If you keep an installer for a version you trust it’s easy enough to revert.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

43 minutes ago, B777ER said:

What?? No more NCP? I wonder which word not allowed at Nvidia got a bonus for this stupid idea. So where exactly do we have to go and what is the file name? God, soo dumb.

MS Store. This is not really something new, anyway.

• Upvote 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

20 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

If you keep an installer for a version you trust it’s easy enough to revert.

If you read the link I posted you may see that occasionally a new driver creates issues that are not easily tracible back to the driver.  The issue I faced in late June was very fleeting and cost me a ton of time.  Reverting is fine, once you learn the driver is the issue. 

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

23 minutes ago, fppilot said:

If you read the link I posted you may see that occasionally a new driver creates issues that are not easily tracible back to the driver.  The issue I faced in late June was very fleeting and cost me a ton of time.  Reverting is fine, once you learn the driver is the issue. 

If everything stays the same bar a new driver and you start getting problems then it can only be the driver surely?

I did read that topic but the original problem was about FSX Steam.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

57 minutes ago, fppilot said:

The FIRST thing I would ever do...from having no problems to all of a sudden, problems, would be to uninstall or revert back, to the last thing I did to my system before I noticed a cluster-F.

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I did read that topic but the original problem was about FSX Steam.

Come on Ray. That topic provided my solution. The original issue affected FSX Steam but was caused by the file NvCamera32.dll named in the topic that was installed by the driver update.  Significant difference.  It was an issue caused by a driver update, not an FSX Steam issue.  That was clear in the linked topic. 

Due to a travel schedule it was approx two weeks from the driver update to the next time I attempted to fly FSX SE.  And that only after more MSFS CTD and avionics freeze ups, including WT mod avionics.  So very much a moving target.

Understand that a total purge and reinstall of  MSFS SU5 and the following HF's has solved most of my MSFS issues, and I am thrilled about that!  But the subsequent issues with finding and installing MSFS WU5 keep me hanging on yet today to my FSX SE as a fallback when I want to fly. 

Back when I encountered the issue profiled in this topic, having a working FSX SE was even more critical to my activities. And several factors cloaked the fact that it was caused by a driver update.  

Until I observe that a driver update will improve my quality of life with MSFS.....  I will wait and watch.  I'll let others go forth first.......  Ability to revert is low on my list.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
ASUS 

7 hours ago, B777ER said:

7 hours ago, edpatino said:

MS Store. This is not really something new, anyway.

Is this a Windows 11 thing? Because I just updated the drivers to 496.13 and I still have the old Nvidia Control Panel where you right click on the Nvidia icon on the taskbar and select the control panel. (I am still using Windows 10)

• Upvote 1