Sign in to follow this  
RobPol471

Nvidia driver 496.13 released

6 hours ago, fppilot said:

Come on Ray. That topic provided my solution. The original issue affected FSX Steam but was caused by the file NvCamera32.dll named in the topic that was installed by the driver update.  Significant difference.  It was an issue caused by a driver update, not an FSX Steam issue.  That was clear in the linked topic. 

Frank, I’m pleased it fixed your problem but this is the P3D forum, not FSX.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

12 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Unless the release notes mention P3D I don’t see the point in using them.

I would think with your introduced hanging issues and having to manipulate the registry as a work around to keep your sim running you would want to see if the issue was resolved with a newer driver.  You could always revert back worst case but best case it resolves your issue.   I'd be surprised if ANY Nvidia driver moving forward specifically called out P3D...

• Upvote 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Paul, I'm currently enroute from JFK to ORD. I'll see how this flight goes and decide then. Expecting Nvidia to announce they have fixed DXGI issues with any driver is expecting the impossible. Bear in mind this problem is not restricted to P3D. Games using DX12 are also affected I'm sure.

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Just parked at Terminal 3 at KORD. No isues at all. And loads of traffic at both ends.

Staying with existing drivers for now. One thing I did was to Verify my AIG files. Nothing untoward found.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

6 hours ago, Joseph29 said:

Is this a Windows 11 thing? Because I just updated the drivers to 496.13 and I still have the old Nvidia Control Panel where you right click on the Nvidia icon on the taskbar and select the control panel. (I am still using Windows 10)

NCP is well and alive in Windows 11.

Edited by Tokitaumelie
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Frank, I’m pleased it fixed your problem but this is the P3D forum, not FSX.

I responded to a driver issue Ray.  Driver issues are not always simulator-specific.  And the point I made was about first adoption.  The next point I made was that even though a driver can be rolled back, it is not always so simple to identify an issue is due to a driver, costing time and effort.  Yes, my examples were about experiences with other sims.  The point was about updating drivers.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I think I'll wait until the Game Ready Driver for P3D is out 🙂

On 10/12/2021 at 11:27 PM, Joseph29 said:

Is this a Windows 11 thing? Because I just updated the drivers to 496.13 and I still have the old Nvidia Control Panel where you right click on the Nvidia icon on the taskbar and select the control panel. (I am still using Windows 10)

It was something nvidia did a few releases back.. Its no-longer the case I just reinstalled my OS last week and NCP was included with the latest driver. Someone obviously realized the stupidity of not having it.

Edited by TurboKen

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

Another flight today from KABQ to KPHX. No freezes, no DXGI messages. I think it’s safe to assume the Registry entries are successfully inhibiting the DXGI messages.

I just need to find the cause for the freezes / buzzing. The two are definitely caused by the same thing and I never get more than one in a flight but not with every flight. I’m thinking it’s a by-product if the DXGI message being inhibited.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather