Sign in to follow this  
Guest wji

FSX fluorescent green bridges

Guest wji

All the bridges in my FSX installation show up as fluorescent green . . . any ideas why this may be happening?Thank for any tips.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/169084.jpgFor the curious:UNO (United Nations Operations) City, Vienna -- default FSX scenery

Bill, it appears that the sim either can't load or can't find the extrusion bridge texture files:SceneryGlobalTexture... BridgeRoads.dds BridgeRoads_lm.dds BridgeSides.dds BridgeSides_lm.ddsIf they're missing, make sure they didn't get caught up in some accidental move and are now residing in some other folder. If they're really gone, you might want to do a repair on the installation; that should restore them... some other yet-unnoticed files may also be missing.Loyd

I seem to remember this being brought up at least once before. If I remember correctly, it was related to having a crappy video card that didn't support shaders or something like that. Try searching forums for Green Bridges and you'll probably find your answer.Matt

Hello,I have been told that this is due to an "old" video card equipment .I have the same problem.What video card do you use?When I "fly" in China and South Africa the roofs of the houses are also fluo !!

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

>I seem to remember this being brought up at least once>before. If I remember correctly, it was related to having a>crappy video card that didn't support shaders or something>like that. Try searching forums for Green Bridges and you'll>probably find your answer.>>MattOr in relation to shaders, if you turned off shaders or used shader 1 either in the display.cfg file, or forcing it in the video driver, you would get the same result. In my case they turn white!! Unfortunately the only way to get fs9 aircraft to display landing lights on the runway is to reduce or turn off shaders, so it's a trade off!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Guest wji

Thanks for all the help " . . . a crappy video card."I think, Matt, that just about covers it; It's a 5 1/2yearold nVidea G4T4200Guess I need a new computer . . . thnxP.S. The bridgeroads textures are there