Sign in to follow this  
chrisbmxr

When will we get 3rd party AI Traffic???

All this ensures P3D will have a much longer shelf life than it otherwise would. There is little incentive to purchase large airport addons or even the up coming PMDG offerings because, as things stand, airliner flying is a much better experience in P3D.

Bruce

• Like 3

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Another thing I did a year ago was to buy a bonus in which PMDG gave me a big discount for the MSFS 737-800. I'm still waiting. And the product is already paid for. From what I see, it's about selling products that don't appear later. Or you have to wait for them years. A person who is living an illness cannot enjoy the simulator of it. He dies before waiting. Simulation is entertainment. Not an entertainment wait.

9 hours ago, Mike S KPDX said:

I posted this in a prior thread:

This is one of my more interesting phenomena I have seen with our community.  When I fist saw these I had no doubt that a 'painter' or 'modder' would quickly provide replacement paints for these aircraft.  Well, it has been over a year and no one as yet done this which I find very strange.

I have posted about this several times on what I thought would be a very easy process but to no avail.  I have finally got it sorted but only after a lot of hacking and downloading.  Loading converters, other huge lists and liveries, selecting, trimming, renaming, copy/pasting.

I really dont want hundreds of liveries, I care not for AI real world flight paths, gate assignments, exact taxi paths, ect...  Literally I just wanted to change out the 4 default MS paints.  Yes, I finally got there but man, what a pain.

So, fundementally:

watch THIS video

• install the 'megapak' installer
  • select only 4-5 of the A320 liveries that you like (not the hundreds that are presented for download)
  • copy the selected paints from the megapak planes to the default folder

Does this method still work after SU5? This requires use Generic Aircraft for AI to be off, correct?

James

13 hours ago, abranpuko said:

Many people returned to prepar3d until asobo do something in 2025.

There's an avg of 3500 people playing MSFS on Steam alone at any given time, so I'm not sure where you're getting your data, but it would seem incorrect.

• Like 3

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

4 minutes ago, ZLA Steve said:

There's an avg of 3500 people playing MSFS on Steam alone at any given time, so I'm not sure where you're getting your data, but it would seem incorrect.

thats multiplayer option.

my data come from real ai traffic data: as MSFS promised, we would have had real ai traffic.:)

It will come to pass, and least odds to good it wil.  Quite clearly it took a whole lot to get MSFS to where it is today, not just 3 guys in a basement cranking out a flight simulator.  SU6 portends to address a lot of details but there are many and several large projects still to happen that we're heard referenced.  Patience and if you can't stand what you see sure go back and use P3D.  I had to reformat and reinstall Win 10 and so far have not reinstalled P3D, and still thusfar don't feel the need.  I'm enjoying the 787-10 HD and await the steady progress towards a more robust, well-rounded simulator. GSX I look forward to and especially FSCaptain.  That I fly MSFS more than I did P3D is a testament to just how compelling, despite its various warts, it really is. 

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

1 hour ago, abranpuko said:

Why do they use them for the teaser if they aren't there later? Shouldn't desert airports advertise? is that legal?

Because they will be 😉

Noel

System:  9900K@5.0gHz@1.23v all cores, MSI MPG Z390M GAMING EDGE AC, Noctua NH-D15S w/ steady supply of 40-60F ambient air intake, Corsair Vengeance 32Gb LPX 3200mHz DDR4, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 2, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM 850W PSU, Win10 Pro, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frametime Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320NX, WT 787X

7 hours ago, urthgental said:

Not sure how often it needs to be repeated until it is understood by the ‚but we had it in FSX‘ folks. Next to the performance issues, MS cannot include airline liveries or more models into the Sim as they stated they need agreements with each any every airline or manufacturers they want to include. 

Well, obviously it was not repeated enough times as you still do not get the point... it is NOT about Asobo delivering the AI traffic in its full glory, it is about Asobo making MSFS at least capable of providing a working AI traffic that can be modified by 3rd party as it was in FSX days. What is so difficult to get there? Currently (according to AIG), MSFS simply still does NOT provide the basis for proper AI traffic, THAT is the issue. Just compare it to ship AI traffic, there the basis is more or less available in the sim (except the bug that ship on lakes dont show up due to the different altitude of the water surface), and guess what, we have a ship AI traffic addon already for quiet some time. Now, with the progress of model conversion, ship AI traffic is almost back to the glory of FSX and P3D days. For aircraft, this basis is still missing, as such, no 3rd party AI traffic exists atm. 

And talking about performance issues: if AI traffic is a performance issue, it just shows even more prominently how false the advertisment of MS/Asobo was when they were claiming to include "real AI traffic" into their MSFS. But this is a totally different story...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

7 hours ago, abranpuko said:

Another thing I did a year ago was to buy a bonus in which PMDG gave me a big discount for the MSFS 737-800. I'm still waiting. And the product is already paid for. From what I see, it's about selling products that don't appear later. Or you have to wait for them years. A person who is living an illness cannot enjoy the simulator of it. He dies before waiting. Simulation is entertainment. Not an entertainment wait.

What I take out of your comment:

1) You think the PMDG 737 will not appear at all.
2) The biggest problem of a person with a terminal illness is that it cannot enjoy the 737-800 in MSFS.

The annoying thing about it is that in the early days of FS2020, AI traffic did work. I can recall being parked waiting for takeoff, and AI traffic landing and/or taking off.

Now, Little Navmap shows AI traffic, but you never see them in the sim (except parked at airports).

ATC will pass traffic to my co-pilot (she who does the radio work) and she spots the traffic, but I never can see them. Probably doesn't exist  !! 

So if it worked well once, why not now ????

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Fiorentoni said:

What I take out of your comment:

1) You think the PMDG 737 will not appear at all.
2) The biggest problem of a person with a terminal illness is that it cannot enjoy the 737-800 in MSFS.

1) I never said it will not appear. 

2) exactly. 

13 hours ago, jabloomf1230 said:

But then for some reason, the AI traffic system broke completely in SU5.

SU5 didn't break AI traffic. It still performs the same as it did before that update. 
What broke was Live traffic departing from airports. Offline traffic will depart fine however, so it's specifically a problem with live traffic.

5 hours ago, Beagle12 said:

Now, Little Navmap shows AI traffic, but you never see them in the sim (except parked at airports).

Not in my experience. Any traffic I see in LNM I can find and see in the sim.
If you're talking about live traffic, have you tried turning on name tags under traffic options?

Edited by Tuskin38

since AIG was mentioned here I think it is time for me to jump in as well^^

The reason why there is no 3rd party AI traffic is quite simple, but complicated at the same time:

1) MDLX Models do cause major issues at the moment (our Workaround will get an update shortly). All models need to be upgraded/or developed again from 0. This takes actual quite some time (freeware models take around 3-6 months each).

2) Texture issues: Even getting MDLX models working, there are still the textures that might need an upgrade (alpha, etc..)

3) ATC/AI-Logic: Well some stuff is FSX based, something seems new and other stuff seems "broken" FSX-Code. The overall idea of any 3rd party Addon is that it is working on the vanilla game and as long this is not possible it is unlikely to get released. And there are several issues at the moment that are far from acceptable in MSFS when it comes to working in vanilla:

- ATC altitude callouts: Flying with a small AI setup I can not contact ATC over europe, becuase it is bussy telling the AI to climb to the assigned altitude

- Parking sizes: Default Airports have new (unrealsitic parking sizes), so AI parking is not possible (no A380 in Dubai for example)

- Seperation, Taxi, Takeoff: The overall awareness of ATC about the AI Traffic seems worse then in FSX, resulting in far more go arounds or "timeouts" sometimes even nose-to-nose incidents. Actual AI Cars seem to have a higher priority then airplanes when it comes to taxiway usage....

- AI Flight Performance: Downgraded as hell.... using old AIR files is even worse. Spotting or even watching AI is not fun at all.

Performance: Well actual it is far better then expected: Keeping 60FPS with 100+AI in Paris on ultra. So graphis can handle the amount of AI.

AI might be a easy cash-cow at the moment, but see what other developers have done thinking about easy $$$ 😉

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

AIGtechBanner_Kai_AVSIM.png

18 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

ATC altitude callouts: Flying with a small AI setup I can not contact ATC over europe, becuase it is bussy telling the AI to climb to the assigned altitude

Here's an example picture of this. It doesn't happen to online live traffic, interestingly, just offline. I believe this started with Sim Update 5? Offline traffic could be suffering from the same issue as players did after that update.

I have made a bug report in Zen desk for this issue.

H9ojrvY.png

pre-alpha screenshot of AIGAIM-OCI

Edited by Tuskin38

22 minutes ago, Kaiii3 said:

since AIG was mentioned here I think it is time for me to jump in as well^^

so let me ask you this, are you guys even being taken seriously? I know you're exchanging emails with Jorg. Are you invited to meetings or connected with their developers to at least talk about this or are these e-mails with Jorg high level fluff nonsense? I am genuinely curious whether they're taking this seriously or not, I hope you can be transparent about this.

Edited by Drumcode

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |