Sign in to follow this  
chrisbmxr

When will we get 3rd party AI Traffic???

One of the things I miss most from previous sims (P3d v4, v3 and even FSX) was taxi'ing through and airport and seeing a huge variety of different airlines, and different aircraft parked at their gates and going about their flights. Even though it wasn't 'live', many of the 3rd party add ons followed real schedules which meant you would find the right airlines and airframes at the right airports.

Does anyone know of any payware developers who are working on something similar for MSFS?

Thanks. 

• Like 2

It's one year that msfs airport's are empty. 

Well, sometimes you can see a zombie generic plane taxiing to nowhere, just because he doesn't take off. 

All the tfs, faib, aia, fspx etc ai model are in silence or silenced. 

Many people returned to prepar3d until asobo do something in 2025.

In the meantime, there is no meaning but you have all time. 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, abranpuko said:

All the tfs, faib, aia, fspx etc ai model are in silence or silenced. 

Well, as long as MSFS does not even provide a working AI traffic basis as the former sims did, there is also absolutely no need for AI traffic model devs to invest a single minute in conversion of their models into a variant that works in MSFS, no? Besides that, AIG is very well working on bringing their OCI into MSFS, but also they depend on a working AI traffic basis inside MSFS, although those guys are great in workarounds. I still hope, that AIG will manage to provide at least some basic AI traffic somewhere in early 2022, hopefully the next SU will help them making this possible. 

But yes, for me this is still THE MOST important immersion killer for doing IFR airliner flights in MSFS (besides the totally rubbish ATC...). It does simply not provide a lot of immersion if you fly in and out wonderfully modeled airport hubs that are completely empty or filled with phantasia repaints on ugly looking models that should look like an A330 or an A380. Furthermore, as "real AI traffic" was one of the advertisment slogans prior release...

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Given how well it would SELL, it's inconceivable to me how even after one year, no developer got around this. Must really be hard to implement, which is Asobo's fault. I wonder what ever happened to the traffic add-on Aerosoft teased a while back?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

Instead should be nice to have a hybrid system. A platform like Vatsim but without voice speaking, using the default phraseology of the sim, with the possibility to play as ATC and with the possibility to kick out from the server who is not following the rules.

In this way you can have a lot of traffic from real people and also going in every airport when there is no human ATC, since you can use the default.
It's enough to ensure interaction between the users that is completely absent at the moment. It's a pity that multiplayer system is completely failure at the moment.

Who agrees?

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Colonel X said:

Given how well it would SELL, it's inconceivable to me how even after one year, no developer got around this. Must really be hard to implement, which is Asobo's fault. I wonder what ever happened to the traffic add-on Aerosoft teased a while back?

It would indeed be a good seller. From what I read, it is more challenging in MSFS than it has been in other sims. But, I would buy on day one, so that I would not have to see or hear generic airplanes any longer!

• Like 2

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

After sim update 5 ai traffic went downhill hence aerosoft cancelled.

Both online and offline versions are broken. 
online - still missing a lot of traffic from flightaware not to mention lack of planes at gates. You still need to use mdlx models and paints to match. Which still causes ctds despite AIG temp file remover running background.

offline- things are even more worse. Traffic stops departing after 10-15 min since sim launch. Brand new bug at su5. Arriving planes if going around will never come back for second landing but instead circle around airport. Loaded 100 planes at eham. After 30 min looked complete madness. Apart from that a lot of taxiways are broken at default airports and traffic will stop there for good time untill removed by sim. However workararound is to use 3rd party airports.

i believe aig uses simconnect for ai traffic and not bgls

Edited by intheshadow
  • Like 1

I share the frustration on the lack of AI Traffic, when progress is made I hope GA traffic is not overlooked.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 7 3800X, ASUS PRIME B450-PLUS DDR4 ATX Motherboard, 8GB NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER, 32GB (2x16GB) Adata XPG Gammix D10 DDR4 3200MHz, GameMax Iceberg RGB Watercooler - 240mm,  1TB M.2 PCI-E NVMe Solid State Drive, 2TB SSD, 1TB HDD.

2 hours ago, Colonel X said:

I am 100% convinced they're doing this on purpose until this platform is optimized to the point they can unleash a bunch of AI causing major performance issues for a lot of people running lower end boxes etc. We all know way too well that excessive AI always caused performance issues going to back to FS9 and before. I'm sure they're just being cautious above anything else and given they're refactoring A LOT of the originally released code in August 2020, this just isn't their priority - which sucks, as I'm a HUUUUGE AI freak, but conceded that they have a bigger fish to fry now than AI.

• Like 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

3 hours ago, AnkH said:

But yes, for me this is still THE MOST important immersion killer for doing IFR airliner flights in MSFS (besides the totally rubbish ATC...). It does simply not provide a lot of immersion if you fly in and out wonderfully modeled airport hubs that are completely empty or filled with phantasia repaints on ugly looking models that should look like an A330 or an A380. Furthermore, as "real AI traffic" was one of the advertisment slogans prior release...

Even beyond that is that those of us who fly mostly into regional and local GA airports may see in addons some static aircraft, but the hangars available in scenery objects libraries all have closed doors, making them appear lifeless. 

LOL: is that because MSFS was released in the midst of this pandemic?

Open up Asobo!   Hangar doors; 3rd party AI traffic; 3rd party Weather; 3rd party ATC/ATIS communications; 3rd party avionics; 3rd party textures.  Open up!

• Like 3

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

If I remember correctly, in FSX it took quite a while until we got good ai add-ons. First was Burkard Renk's Mytraffic with somewhat poor a/c models others follwoed quickly and models became better and better. I'm afraid that real good ai traffic for MSFS might take a much longer time until we get it. Until then, I avoid larger airports focusing on small and medium-sized GA airports. 

Sometimes I visit my P3D/AIG installation just to jump into a PMDG bird at O'Hare, Frankfurt or other big hubs. Starting the engines, observing all the beautiful a/c around me until I'm ready for taxiing and take off gives me still much joy. I really wish I could do this in MSFS.

Edited by Nemo
  • Like 2

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I posted this in a prior thread:

This is one of my more interesting phenomena I have seen with our community.  When I fist saw these I had no doubt that a 'painter' or 'modder' would quickly provide replacement paints for these aircraft.  Well, it has been over a year and no one as yet done this which I find very strange.

I have posted about this several times on what I thought would be a very easy process but to no avail.  I have finally got it sorted but only after a lot of hacking and downloading.  Loading converters, other huge lists and liveries, selecting, trimming, renaming, copy/pasting.

I really dont want hundreds of liveries, I care not for AI real world flight paths, gate assignments, exact taxi paths, ect...  Literally I just wanted to change out the 4 default MS paints.  Yes, I finally got there but man, what a pain.

So, fundementally:

watch THIS video

• install the 'megapak' installer
  • select only 4-5 of the A320 liveries that you like (not the hundreds that are presented for download)
  • copy the selected paints from the megapak planes to the default folder
  • Like 1

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

4 minutes ago, Mike S KPDX said:

I posted this in a prior thread:

This is one of my more interesting phenomena I have seen with our community.  When I fist saw these I had no doubt that a 'painter' or 'modder' would quickly provide replacement paints for these aircraft.  Well, it has been over a year and no one as yet done this which I find very strange.

I have posted about this several times on what I thought would be a very easy process but to no avail.  I have finally got it sorted but only after a lot of hacking and downloading.  Loading converters, other huge lists and liveries, selecting, trimming, renaming, copy/pasting.

I really dont want hundreds of liveries, I care not for AI real world flight paths, gate assignments, exact taxi paths, ect...  Literally I just wanted to change out the 4 default MS paints.  Yes, I finally got there but man, what a pain.

So, fundementally:

watch THIS video

• install the 'megapak' installer
  • select only 4-5 of the A320 liveries that you like (not the hundreds that are presented for download)
  • copy the selected paints from the megapak planes to the default folder

That is what i have done also, at least it look better than default aircrafts until we get something more substantial.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

Here I use the MegaPack ac with PSXseeconTraffic + RealTraffic.

AC taxiing and taking off but then disappear to reappear at higher altitude.

As a temporary solution I unchecked taxiing ac so I only see parked ac and flying ac.

And some ac have blocked textures till they are getting close.

The few that stayed with blocked textures I deleted.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I used to use FSUIPC to limit AI traffic in P3D. You could set it to limit traffic to a circle around you, or a certain max number of aircraft. It made a huge difference in performance. I have noticed that I have Live Traffic when near an airport, but in between airports, not much traffic at all. I think they do this in MSFS for performance. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310