Sign in to follow this  
aldox62

FSX Simconnect apparently disappeared after upgrading to W11

Hi All,

I have a carefully managed FSX setup composed of FSX SP2 (no SDK), ASN, FSC, GSX, FSUIPC, FSXGET, various PMDG planes and other utilities.

Quite recent installation, less than one year, as my old FSX-PC crashed after many years of service. All is installed on a separate SDD to avoid issues and keep the FSX world clean.

My setup has been working as a charm until last Saturday night when I updated to Win11. After the update FSX works well and the other individual components appear to be working as well, BUT it looks like SimConnect has disappeared!

FSUIPC logs that is not finding any of the supported versions, ASN connects to FSX but then throws an exception because "no compatible SimConnect library found", i suspect FSC10 will do the same.  

I had at hand all of the SimConnect.msi kits, and tried to install them one after the other: it looks like the installation starts, I see the eula splash screen, but after the (supposed installation) i do not see any new Simconnect file either in WinSxS or other folders on the PC disks. Also tried to reinstall FSX-sp2 to get it from there. Nothing.

The only Simconnect I see on the whole PC is the one associated to FSXGet, it is visible both in WinSxS and the FSXGet directory but has a name like microsoft.flightsimulator.simconnect.... And in fact FSXGet works with FSX so I can track the flight on GEarth as usual. 

Already tried the known actions: review AV exclusions, UAC, permissions, ... 

It looks that just upgrading to W11 made Simconnect to disappear silently... and now it looks it cannot be installed the ways we are used to-

Any hints on how to solve ? Did some of you already migrated to Win11 without finding this issue ? 

Thanks in advance for any support or hint !

Kind regards,

Aldo Borrione+

2 hours ago, aldox62 said:

Any hints on how to solve ? Did some of you already migrated to Win11 without finding this issue ? 

Could it be due to a permissions issue in Win 11? 

Also wonder then if FSX SE can be successfully installed in Win 11.  That is the only fallback I know of for FSX as I am pretty certain FSX w/SP's can no longer be activated.  Any particular reason for early Win11 adoption?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Hi Frank, 

thanks for the prompt answer.

Permissions: maybe, in order to avoid known potential issues when installing the simconnect msi files I disabled the W11 security/AV/Firewall features, I do not expect permissions as set on the dedicated FSX SSD should have been changed just due to the upgrade (there are 5 other disks on the PC.. would be a mess if permission have been changed during the update). However good point to track in further investigations.

FSX has remained activated, I did not get any message at this regard so far. Don't know if FSX SE can or cannot be installed in W11

regards,

Aldo Borrione

2 hours ago, aldox62 said:

FSX has remained activated, I did not get any message at this regard so far. Don't know if FSX SE can or cannot be installed in W11

Are you getting in to FSX, or instead having trouble with addins?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

FSX works, even though I still could not perform long flights. FSUIPC disappeared from the Addin Menu, GSX related tuff is still visible, unsure they use Simconnect.

An update after 4 hours of debugging work: tried to install the simconnect msi packages from the admin command line. Apparently they installed and are now visible in WinSxS, as they were in the former W10 environment (I mounted a w10 backup image in explore mode to compare side to side the folders' content).

Nothing changed, simconnect still reported as missing

Then I restored from a backup image the whole FSX SSD (restore mode) and the relevant folders in C:\Users\User\AppData.... (copied one after the other) to realign with the files restored in the FSX SSD. Nothing again, everything works as individual component but simconnect stil reported as missing.

I have no further ideas at this time...

Having same thing with Active Sky was told today to take out FSX & Active Sky and re install with a updated FSUIPC4 and Active Sky I did all of that. help same thing Active Sky crashes ..Still waiting on Active Sky support thinking about going back to Windows 10 ??? Don't know what to do

Aleinware Area-51 Windows 10 Pro Intel i7 CPU 960@3.20GHz 12 GB RAM GeForce 770 Graphic Card

I have ASN as well, just purchased AS-16 in the hope it would have overcome the problem... As far as FSUIPC is concerned, downloaded and installed the latest unregistered version and it works fine, but I do not see any connection between FSUIPC and AS-16 or ASN. The only strange thing I noticed is that in the installed programs list I see 3 Simconnect (RTM, SP1, XPACK as installed from FSX-SE SDK) but looking at the WinSxS folder I see 4 Simconnect.. there is one I cannot uninstall as it does not appear in the installed program list. I have read parallel installs are not a problem in the end, different add-ons may use different sim-connect versions...

However, I will continue investigating, I don't want to consider moving back to W10 it's a nonsense. As a last resort I will open a ticket to the tech support..

sorry guy thats all I could do and yes it suck

Aleinware Area-51 Windows 10 Pro Intel i7 CPU 960@3.20GHz 12 GB RAM GeForce 770 Graphic Card

Hi All,

I opened a support ticket in the end, but very very good news!

HIFI published on their website a beta version on Oct 25, I installed it on top to the current AS16 last version and the problem was solved.

Great guys at HIFI Simulations indeed! Now I can fully enyoy the addon

Kind regards to the all of you and thanks for your contributions! 

Best,

Aldo Borrione

Ondervond dezelfde problemen. Geen simconnect, ASN-problemen, EZDOK-cam niet aan de praat. En daarbij in het geheel niet gecharmeerd van de nieuwe layout van W11. Alles weer teruggedraaid naar W10. De komende 4 jaar - tot oktober 2025 dus FSX-SE aangestuurd door W10. In die tijd kan Microsoft de nodige aanpassingen aan W11 doen.

I have had a windows update reset my local network and give my PC's different ip addresses. It's easily fixed by editing the SimConnect config file.

Hi Aldo, I have the same issue with AS16 and windows 11. Have latest AS16 version and still shows can't connect or find correct simconnect library. Can you go more in depth on solution. Thanks, Steve 

Hello my Firend
I  am also have peroblem For not Finding FSUIPC the simconnect FSX  In Windowes 11

I Scerch to Web But Cannot Find fo trubloshoting the ERROR

I Ready to web http://www.fsuipc.com/  and Finde FSUIPC FSX after Download
install The FSUIPC

This is FSUIPC its Working and Test to Simulator Fsx
there is OK and  i Can Connect to Fsreal wether & other softwer
I Say for you please Go to Top web ( http://www.fsuipc.com/) and download Fsuipc Appropriate
I hope your problem is solved