Sign in to follow this  
martin-w

Captain kirk about to be launched into the heavens - soon!

Hope the Shatman does't shat!

• Like 3

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

The choice to ride in such a primitive unproven craft, is …illogical captain 

• Like 3

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

I wonder if his will be the first hairpiece in space? He doesn’t look too thrilled to be there.

• Like 1

NAX669.png

The Shatman is in the knob at the top and 15 minutes away from being shot into the air.

Just now, Christopher Low said:

I hope they have named the capsule "Enterprise".

Don't think they have Chris. Personally, I'm hoping Captain Kirk has checked with Scotty that the dilithium crystals aren't fractured. 🤔

33 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Hope the Shatman does't shat!

They are in a hold at the moment so that could be why. 

3 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

In search of hot Aliens to shag 😎

He had some sweet young thing hugging on him when he got out. The Captain still has it.

• Like 1

NAX669.png

It’s a shame I thought how the Amazon guy interrupted the shat’s initial emotional account by demanding a bottle of champagne.

‘People who bought space flights also bought bottles of champagne and AAA batteries.”

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

You could see the experience had a profound effect on him.

And yes, Bezos was an word not allowed when he turned away from Shatner.  Couldn't have been more rude.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Greggy_D said:

You could see the experience had a profound effect on him.

I suppose he wasn’t being deliberately rude, he was just excited, but it was just a shame.

Amongst all the whooping and champagne spraying was a man giving an extremely emotional, raw  account of something that had just instantly changed him forever , and his perception of his own life and mortality. I personally was mesmerised by his every word as you don’t hear this sort of raw emotional account  from the traditional test pilot breed of astronaut.
He was literally having an epiphany live in front of your eyes.

It was just a real shame the Shat was cut off mid flow and left to stare out the ground while mr Amazon sought out and offered champagne that the Shat wasn’t interested in, what he had just experienced was way more Important than that.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

787 captain.  

All this time since he landed and nobody has posted this? He's now officially (as well as fictitiously) a...

He just kept talking once he started, and by the time he'd finished (if indeed he actually has!) I had tears in my eyes.

The last time my girlfriend and I were together before Covid kept us apart for 18 months (until last month), was to see The Shatner's Wrath of Khan show, so it's fitting he does this just after we've been reunited.

At the show, I bought a "What would William Shatner Do?" t-shirt. I think I should have the following printed on the back:

"Go in to space in a **^^*£ing phallic rocket, that's what!"😁

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)