Sign in to follow this  
martin-w

Captain kirk about to be launched into the heavens - soon!

He has tweeted:

I do not know what I may appear to the world, but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, diverting myself in now & then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me.🚀

• Like 1

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

1 hour ago, jon b said:

the Amazon guy interrupted the shat’s initial emotional account by demanding a bottle of champagne.

Think of it as "The Jeff Bezos Show". Like any other show it has a schedule to keep, so it's like the Oscars when the music starts playing in the middle of an acceptance speech.

Dugald Walker

2 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

So was the rocket designed by a woman or a man 😉  

I know who’ll be buying the scale models 

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

3 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

Does make one feel good about the human race and what it can accomplish without the distractions.  I hope this becomes more common place and accessible for all ... it has to start somewhere.

So was the rocket designed by a woman or a man 😉  

Cheers, Rob.

New Shepard was designed by a man due to his own inadequacy and wishful thinking. SpaceX rocket was designed by a women due to her husbands inadequacy and her own wishful thinking. 

4 hours ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

In search of hot Aliens to shag 😎

😲

• Like 1

Kinda neat. Pretty short trip. I was expecting them to orbit for one lap at least.

Not sure I'd be interested in that ride.

I'd rather have a 2 day expedition walking and driving on the moon.

12 minutes ago, VeryBumpy said:

Kinda neat. Pretty short trip. I was expecting them to orbit for one lap at least.

Not sure I'd be interested in that ride.

I'd rather have a 2 day expedition walking and driving on the moon.

New Shepard is a suborbital spacecraft. Only Crew Dragon and Boeing Starliner are man rated for Orbital flight.

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

What times we live in! Hope Space X pick him up next 😉

Specs: 11900K (5ghz), 64GB ram 3600mhz, RTX 3080 ti

15 minutes ago, ViperPilot said:

New Shepard is a suborbital spacecraft. Only Crew Dragon and Boeing Starliner are man rated for Orbital flight.

Seeing as only Crew Dragon has completed testing, been approved and flown multiple times, SpaceX is the only American company with a manned orbital rocket and capsule. Blue Origin has been around been around for two decades, and still doesn't even have a rocket capable of making orbit. I bet Bezos will be playing this launch up as best as possible to cover up the many issues Blue Origin has.

Was great listening to Mr. Shatner, until he was interrupted.

I was a bit (positively) surprised at how overwhelmed Shatner appeared to be - but later one of the pundits on one of the news channels mentioned that it probably did take an actor to actually convey some of the feelings that one might have after such a ride. Most of the "professional" astronauts were trained to stay calm and controlled and that's why they often enough came back with not much more than a "that was cool/neat/humbling" answer - perhaps with the exeption of Chris Hatfield - while Shatner was visibly shaken.

Let's see what spoken word song act he'll come back with next 😉

Cheers

Mallard

I really wanted Khan to abduct him and take him away.....

Just kidding, I really love Captain Kirk 🤣

Matthew Kane

I think that the next Blue Origin launch should be reserved for four of the most influential Flat Earth supporters. The "Great Ice Wall" at the edge of Earth should be clearly visible from an altitude of 110 kilometres :wink:

• Like 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

42 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

I think that the next Blue Origin launch should be reserved for four of the most influential Flat Earth supporters. The "Great Ice Wall" at the edge of Earth should be clearly visible from an altitude of 110 kilometres :wink:

Wouldn't work Chris. They would just claim Blue Origin were working with the illuminati to fool us, and projecting fake images on the windows.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I would like to be on the next Inspiration 3 day orbital flight!  I think that qualifies you for "Astronaut" status because of actually doing some work in space and not just joyriding as a "Space Tourist".  Think I'd better swallow a bottle of Kaopectate first.  Heard the space potty did not work so well! 🤔

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool: