Sign in to follow this  
PilotPete99

New Traffic Program from LatinVFR

1 hour ago, Fiorentoni said:

There was a critical review on Simmarket yesterday that there were not enough static aircraft at the gates (reviewer was referring to KLAX). Now the review is gone. I'd like to know who made the review disappear and why. I do not insinuate malintent (maybe it was factually wrong and the support could help with the reviewer's concerns), but disappearing reviews (happens quite a lot on Simmarket) is a big warning sign for me, so I'd be happy to get some clarification about the issue (review itself, and the number of aircraft at the gates).

I'm still on the fence by the way, will probably end up buying it, because I do regularly use some of the major ASOBO-handcrafted airports like EGLL, EDDF, KATL, KFJK, in addition to the other payware airports I use.
By the way, I don't think it is worthwhile to populate straight default airports, because people who pay 20 dollars for static airliners usually only use handcrafted payware airports too, I guess. So this might be the better choice: populating payware airports that lack static airliners. This could make this a must-have add-on for basically anyone flying IFR with payware airports, just like the AREX stuff.

Hi, I think the review is there. Its a 2 star review right?

We don't have any issues at all with negative reviews, in fact we allow customers to write negative (not offensive) reviews or comments on our forums. We like the transparency that comes with the comments either negative or positives. So we encourage the feedback, the fselite site has many comments most of them criticizing the lack of airports. We don't have issues with feedback or comments as long as they aren't offensive.

As to the current review on simmarket, this person says that there aren't enough aircraft at gates.

Yes, at most airports, we did not add traffic at gates which are in front of the terminal because we did not want that to interfere AI traffic, or with a customer that wants to park its plane on a certain gate.

We removed gates at EGLL, EDDF, LFPG, EHAM, KJFK, OMDB, KMCO, RJTT, and a few others and it was a very painful thing to do because we thought, oh that's nice starting your flight there, or finishing it or such. But we still removed a few here and there not many so that the airport can look filled with traffic. On the rest which are the majority if we did remove gates, specific addons would conflict and cause issues.

So there were many issues at play here. That's why we resorted to add at the remote stands, and wherever there was gaps in gates.

As for populating payware airports, we will certainly try to do this, but it will all depend on whether or not the developer for that payware airport made an exclude, that would eventually remove our aircraft from that payware airport. Therefore, we can't guarantee that our models will show.

Thank you all for your comments, but this is the first of this sort of payware product and I know many people ask these questions and have these comments.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, GSalden said:

That was a while back and he recently stated that there is no news.

Okay, but nothing is lost yet. There may be hope 😉 

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

1 hour ago, LVFRicardo said:

Hi, I think the review is there. Its a 2 star review right?

We don't have any issues at all with negative reviews, in fact we allow customers to write negative (not offensive) reviews or comments on our forums. We like the transparency that comes with the comments either negative or positives. So we encourage the feedback, the fselite site has many comments most of them criticizing the lack of airports. We don't have issues with feedback or comments as long as they aren't offensive.

As to the current review on simmarket, this person says that there aren't enough aircraft at gates.

Yes, at most airports, we did not add traffic at gates which are in front of the terminal because we did not want that to interfere AI traffic, or with a customer that wants to park its plane on a certain gate.

We removed gates at EGLL, EDDF, LFPG, EHAM, KJFK, OMDB, KMCO, RJTT, and a few others and it was a very painful thing to do because we thought, oh that's nice starting your flight there, or finishing it or such. But we still removed a few here and there not many so that the airport can look filled with traffic. On the rest which are the majority if we did remove gates, specific addons would conflict and cause issues.

So there were many issues at play here. That's why we resorted to add at the remote stands, and wherever there was gaps in gates.

As for populating payware airports, we will certainly try to do this, but it will all depend on whether or not the developer for that payware airport made an exclude, that would eventually remove our aircraft from that payware airport. Therefore, we can't guarantee that our models will show.

Thank you all for your comments, but this is the first of this sort of payware product and I know many people ask these questions and have these comments.

Thank you very much for your thorough explanation! The review on Simmarket really doesn't show anymore, it says "0 reviews". Weird that you can still see it.
EDIT: Oh now I found out! It is only deleted from the german version of the site (https://secure.simmarket.com/latinvfr-airport-static-aircraft-for-asobo-airports-msfs.phtml vs https://secure.simmarket.com/latinvfr-airport-static-aircraft-for-asobo-airports-msfs-(de_15731).phtml
Even weirder, but anyway I apologize for any suspicion towards you. I just bought it and will fly tonight from KATL 🙂

Edited by Fiorentoni

I wish every developer would respond as professional and thoughtful as Ricardo. It is hard not to support someone with such transparency and professionalism as we see with Ricardo and LVFR. Of course I do have almost all of his products, which are of high quality, so I am perhaps a bit biased.

Cheers, Pete

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

If ASOBO is using ADS-B for their real-time traffic information, then my guess is that gates will usually be mostly empty until an aircraft spawns there shortly before pushback ?  I don't know about the non real-time version as I haven't used it, but my guess is that there is no persistence in parking information once the aircraft turns off it's transponder ?

LatinVFR is a very good developer and has a very good name in the Fs world.

it’s impossible to put static ac at all airports ( 20.000+)

And surely they will not put ac at all gates either as perhaps within 1-3 SUs the AI Traffic might be back and working as it should.

Well done Ricardo..👍

• Like 3

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

3 hours ago, GSalden said:

LatinVFR is a very good developer and has a very good name in the Fs world.

And surely they will not put ac at all gates either as perhaps within 1-3 SUs the AI Traffic might be back and working as it should.

Well done Ricardo..👍

Or do as they did for AREX. 

Banner-FS2-Crew-Beta-Tester.jpg

t-l-chargement

4 hours ago, GSalden said:

It's not even required, unless you are placing something very unique to an airport, static planes are created automatically by MSFS using AI, regardless if they have a Flight plan or not.

This is a completely new concept, since years (starting with FS8 I think), in order to see parked airplanes, they had to be proper AI with a planned schedule in the traffic.bgl file. Or, possibly, have them injected with an AI software, which is still usually based on some kind of schedule.

In MSFS, there's a new system that, regardless of schedules, will automatically populate normal gates with "static AI", to fill the airport up to the desided level of density.

The clever thing is that, if a scheduled departure time is approaching (either real or generated automatically), the sim will first check the "statics" already placed if there is a matching model and, if it finds one, it will "promote" it to a proper AI, that will eventually perform the flight plan.

This way, you can still have static planes everywhere and without having to renounce to a parking spot, since they can seamlessly change from static to AI.

Edited by virtuali
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, virtuali said:

This way, you can still have static planes everywhere and without having to renounce to a parking spot, since they can seamlessly change from static to AI.

I think I prefer the FSX way. The way MSFS does it means that you'll have static planes at the gates, but they may be anything. You might have Lufthansa, Emirates or Air France showing at a smaller US commercial airport that would never see them in real life. The static planes have no basis in reality as to what appears where.

MSFS obviously has access to data of what airlines are flying where. They could use this data at the airports if it's past time for an arrival, before time for departure and they are not in flight in the MSFS world then model that plane as a static. You don't have to have an active ADS-B signal to do this.

If you showed a flight going into an airport, then you could model that plane at the stand for a period of time (say 2 hrs. or until you show it leaving that airport) and it would make for a much more realistic experience of what airlines are at an airport. Even easier, they could just show models based on what flights go in and out of a airport. Making a database like that would be simple.

Instead, they just place random static aircraft at the stands.

The way the static mods (including LatinVFR's) work now shows just how messed up MSFS's implementation is. The mods have a few airports because they have to model them individually as to what airlines show and what don't. They have to do this for each airport. Imagine having to do this for each and every airport in the game.

Edited by Phantoms

James

Thank you all for your support and your feedback.

We are really taking notes.

We wanted to ask you folks, are you guys OK with spawning into a gate with static aircraft on it?

I would prefer the people who answer are the folks who would be interested with a package like this, or have bought it. Thanks!

I'm okay with static aircraft at the gates. I have a list of gates that I spawn into at most airports I fly from so it would be easy for me to avoid static aircraft.

Richard

• Like 1

Do you mean we spawn into an occupied gate or that AI spawn into an occupied gate ?  The former would be easy to get round, the latter could be an issue. Maybe an option on install ?  I have bought the package.

15 minutes ago, mobeans10 said:

Do you mean we spawn into an occupied gate or that AI spawn into an occupied gate ?  The former would be easy to get round, the latter could be an issue. Maybe an option on install ?  I have bought the package.

To your first question, will be both.

About an option to install, since these add-ons are created with the marketplace in mind, its impossible to actually think on giving options on install.

Ok. I'd like the gates to be occupied and take my chances on the spawning issue 😀