Sign in to follow this  
ozzieblr

flightsim.to offline now?

Is anyone else having trouble logging in to flightsim.to?  The website appears to be down, interminable loading time, no message appearing on screen.  I am trying to reinstall things after a complete reinstallation of MSFS, and many of the resources I need there are not available at present.

UPDATE - it finally came up with a red headline message as follows:  Decreased Performance | We are investigating downtimes and have temporarily disabled the option to upload new files.

Edited by ozzieblr

Cheers,  Brian L Robinson

Flight Simmer since 1983 - loving the brilliant Quality Wings 787 and all PMDG models!!

Yeah, they seem to have some issues.  Hopefully it will be back up and running soon.

Ryzen 5800X3D, Nvidia 3080 - 32 Gig DDR4 RAM, 1TB & 2 TB NVME drives - Windows 11 64 bit MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe Edition Resolution 2560 x 1440 (32 inch curved monitor)

Same here, it appears it has been down for several hours as I tried to get in earlier today.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Just downloaded a repaint,but extremely slow.

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

I've been wondering how the economics of it have been working out.   MSFS is a very large community and most people probably haven't contributed a dime,  bandwidth costs money.

I am actually very surprised that Avisim did not step up to the plate and capture that market.  I mean its not like they 'did not' allow it, but they did not promote it.  The file system here seems very dated, difficult and not graphic enough.  I cant think of the last time I got a file from here.

• Like 1

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

30 minutes ago, Waldo Pepper said:

I've been wondering how the economics of it have been working out.   MSFS is a very large community and most people probably haven't contributed a dime,  bandwidth costs money.

Bandwidth cost money in 2010. in 2021 only a fraction

Lukas Dalton

I just checked and it is up and running for me right now, and the speed seems very much improved.  Loaded pages really fast.  Wonder if they upgraded systems....

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Yea, I downloaded a couple of repaints and speed was fine. Seems they are back up and operating.

Dan Scott

58 minutes ago, DaWu said:

Bandwidth cost money in 2010. in 2021 only a fraction

Henrick's shipping mod has been downloaded 80,121 times since it's MSFS native release.  It's presently 1.38gb.   That has to add up.

8 minutes ago, Waldo Pepper said:

Henrick's shipping mod has been downloaded 80,121 times since it's MSFS native release.  It's presently 1.38gb.   That has to add up.

It sure does. In fact, it adds up to just over 110 tb. That's 110,566 gb. Yikes.

...jim

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

Are they going to have premium access in the future?

• Like 1

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

I couldn't load their site earlier today, but right now it's up and running. But with a message: "Degraded Performance | We are investigating the recent downtimes and apologize for any inconvenience."

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s