Sign in to follow this  
jfri

Are there more than me experiencing P3D5.2 very unstable ?

I have big problems in P3D 5.2HF1. Most of my flights cant be finished because of different kind of crashes. It does not seem to be that my system is overloaded. Task manager does not indicate I am running out of VRAM or RAM.
I fly with VR using HP Reverb G2. I fly in Orbx scenery and with A2A planes. I have experienced the sim slowing down to stuttering images and also crash to desktop and the latest flight a crash of VR. I have tried both EA and EA disabled. I have tried doing the same flight in MSFS and there it was no problem and I had much better performance.
Should I forget about P3D for now and hope for improvement in future updates (5.3 5.4 5.5) ?
My system CPU Haswell 4770K @4.5 GHz RAM 16 Gb 2200 MHz Graphics card 2070Super Win10

You have to be careful using the navigation map or GPS while flying.  When I open those and then zoom out a bit, my CPU usage skyrockets to 100% on almost all cores and the stuttering starts.

I read that ORBX FTX Vector might have something to do with this.  Something about the sim having to read all that extra vector data when those maps are opened.  Even if that is the case, the sim should not hijack all the CPU cores to do this.

Dave 

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

No help to you at all I am afraid. I don't use VR. V5.2 is exceptionally stable on my system (I9+NVIDIA+SSDs) never had a system crash of any sort, long flights short flights AS weather etc it runs smooth as silk. Seems it is VR that is the culprit here!

I have VR, same HMD (HP). Super stable....except: when using the new HTML5 panels. I've turned them off in the P3D.CFG. No CTD since then anymore. 

Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I never installed ORBX Vector in P3Dv5 and not and not had a problem.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

10 hours ago, dave2013 said:

You have to be careful using the navigation map or GPS while flying.  When I open those and then zoom out a bit, my CPU usage skyrockets to 100% on almost all cores and the stuttering starts.

I read that ORBX FTX Vector might have something to do with this.  Something about the sim having to read all that extra vector data when those maps are opened.  Even if that is the case, the sim should not hijack all the CPU cores to do this.

Dave 

I fly my plane without a GPS but I think at least sometimes I have opened the Map. But not zoomed it at least not in every case.
I will try to uninstall vector (which is supposed to make things better). Not only to test this but I also see another graphical glitch. That is I see roads clearly painted above the original scenery. I wonder is not vector for the global scenery outside the region specific scenery like PNW ?

2 hours ago, mpo910 said:

I have VR, same HMD (HP). Super stable....except: when using the new HTML5 panels. I've turned them off in the P3D.CFG. No CTD since then anymore. 

Marcus

What are HTML5 panels? Would I recognize the corresponding enty in the.cfg?

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

4 hours ago, Nemo said:

What are HTML5 panels? Would I recognize the corresponding enty in the.cfg?

In your prepar3d.cfg, change the value to "False" in UseHTML5UI=True.

• Upvote 1

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

I forgot who tipped me off to this in an older post I found when I was researching problems on descent. It was a scenery conflict. No problems where with 5.2 since. Specs are in my sig. Haven't noticed any problems with the nav map, but I try to use Charts on my iPad, which is easier anyway.

On 10/14/2021 at 7:54 AM, mpo910 said:

Marcus

thats interesting marcus because on the FSL forumn on the 18th July. you mentioned about the bus being unstable in 5.2  

did you narrow down the issue ??? 

thanks

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

On 10/15/2021 at 3:03 PM, fluffyflops said:

thats interesting marcus because on the FSL forumn on the 18th July. you mentioned about the bus being unstable in 5.2  

did you narrow down the issue ??? 

thanks

Yes.....By disabling HTML5 in P3D....the flabs wasn't the cause....

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

On 10/17/2021 at 7:53 PM, mpo910 said:

Yes.....By disabling HTML5 in P3D....the flabs wasn't the cause....

Remind me how to do this please? 

Thanks 

14ppkc-6.png