Sign in to follow this  
Les Parson

Chris - Help! Major Problem

I've had the outstanding Fulcrum Yoke for about three months without any issues- until now. Whilst performing a routine aileron flight control check (A2A Bonanza), there was a loud mechanical snap noise that resulted in full left aileron deflection. The control wheel remains in the full left deflection position so obviously there is a major failure. Hopefully, I can open the box to investigate further. 

I really hope this can be rectified without having to return the yoke as I live in the KSEA area in the U.S. and very concerned with very lengthy shipping delays. Please advise best email and I'll be happy to transfer to that platform or text.

Anxiously standing by, 

Les Parson

Photo posted on FB

Edited by Les Parson
clarity.

11 hours ago, Les Parson said:

I've had the outstanding Fulcrum Yoke for about three months without any issues

Hi Les, don't worry we can get this sorted asap. Please email via enquiries@fulcrumsim.com and we will take it from there.

Chris

Edited by tutmeister

22 hours ago, Les Parson said:

I've had the outstanding Fulcrum Yoke for about three months without any issues- until now. Whilst performing a routine aileron flight control check (A2A Bonanza), there was a loud mechanical snap noise that resulted in full left aileron deflection. The control wheel remains in the full left deflection position so obviously there is a major failure. Hopefully, I can open the box to investigate further. 

I really hope this can be rectified without having to return the yoke as I live in the KSEA area in the U.S. and very concerned with very lengthy shipping delays. Please advise best email and I'll be happy to transfer to that platform or text.

Anxiously standing by, 

Les Parson

Photo posted on FB

Hopefully this is just going to be an isolated incident. How many hours do you think you have on it? Also glad to hear that im not the only fulcrum owner in the KSEA area. 

1 minute ago, aviatoralb said:

Hopefully this is just going to be an isolated incident. How many hours do you think you have on it? Also glad to hear that im not the only fulcrum owner in the KSEA area. 

I will provide an update once I have examined the original unit but I’m sure it will be. This part was quickly redesigned to be stronger as we weren’t happy with it. It only affects a small number during a changeover of main shaft types. This looks to be one of those few. Yours that is on the way has the later part so should be fine.

Chris

1 hour ago, aviatoralb said:

I understand my case is the only one of its kind to be reported. The customer service response has been nothing short of superb and the situation is expected to be resolved with a new unit within a  few days. Meanwhile, returning to my previous yoke from the Fulcrum is like going from a Jaguar to my 1963 Schwinn Stingray. 

13 minutes ago, Les Parson said:

Meanwhile, returning to my previous yoke from the Fulcrum is like going from a Jaguar to my 1963 Schwinn Stingray. 

Bet the Schwinn had better electronics, LOL!  (that from a long time and current MGB and Mini owner)

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

On 10/20/2021 at 6:41 AM, tutmeister said:

This has been resolved by us exchanging the faulty unit.

He's being modest. Truth be told, Chris and the Fulcrum team provided a brand new yoke with blazing speed and superb customer service that enabled me to be back in business in less than four days (UK-Seattle USA). Another flight sim hardware product from San Diego to Seattle took 16 days.