Sign in to follow this  
jetsmell

Scenery Config. Editor

I have a ton of scenery and right now nearly all have a red triangle next to them. Dream team Scenery is ok. Is there an easy way of fixing this, or do I

have to fix each one individually?

If that has happened to numerous scenery ares, perhaps their files have been moved.
The other common cause of red triangles is duplicate entries.

The first thing to do is to look at the paths to the red triangle entries and then look at your PC and see if the files are still at those locations.

Edited by Reader

as @Reader has said perhaps the files have been moved or there are duplicate entries.

which of course you want to find out about.

Scenery-Config-Editor is a basic program but it makes scenery file management much easier than in FSX itself - the setting of file paths is much easier.

the first thing you need though is a plan. then you need to spend a bit of time getting to know how Scenery-Config-Editor works. you also need to be very clear how your scenery should be layered.

layering scenery is not as difficult as it might seem.

basically your layers should be like this.

airfield files

new general scenery [states, areas]

FSX base files

i have all my general scenery below 'Addon Scenery' and i do not use the addon folders except for files which are common scenery for the sim.

above 'Addon Scenery' i place all airfields and extras files.

i do not allow scenery to be placed by any installation programs - i always install to a folder i want the scenery to go to.

i have all my USA scenery alphabeticalised above 'Addon Scenery' and all Australian scenery alphabeticalised above that.

in Scenery-Config-Editor [ https://www.softpedia.com/get/Others/Miscellaneous/Scenery-Config-Editor.shtml ]

we can group scenery as we like, setting and unsetting areas as required for flying.

Scenery-Config-Editor has a few quirks so save as you go.

BUT - don't forget the plan. where do you want scenery to go both on the disk and in the sim.

AND it can be a huge job, so do it bit by bit.

Edited by approxdec