Sign in to follow this  
lumbco

ADE for MSFS 2020

Is there a forum for Airport Design Editor for MSFS?

I am trying to set up a project and cannot find information on what to enter in the box "Output Folder" in the Project section of F20 Project Properties?

• Like 1

Your topic is now in the appropriate forum!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

6 minutes ago, charliearon said:

Your topic is now in the appropriate forum!

Thank you, could you please tell me where I should search for the forum?

1 hour ago, lumbco said:

Thank you.

1 hour ago, lumbco said:

Thank you, could you please tell me where I should search for the forum?

airport-design-editor-for-msfs-2020.160

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

Sorry to have taken up so much space but I must have clicked the wrong area when I wanted to reply.

I am starting to have some success in modifying an existing airfield with the help of ADE. I would like  to edit the airfield to resemble its appearance thirty years ago, which is when I used to fly to there in a microlight biplane. The biplane was based at nearby EGHP Popham which I will also edit. What a pleasure to see these airfields again in a simulation.

The airfield I am working on first is EGAJ Chilbolton and I have succeeded in creating an ADE project for it using an MSFS Bgl. It needs more editing but I wonder if someone could help me with the following:

When I click BUILD PROJECT it compiles the work and I then get a validation failure message about a missing folder and file. On pressing any key to continue I sometimes get the message "Copy to community folder" and sometimes I get the error code -1073741510. Repeating the BUILD PROJECT procedure once or twice more will produce the "Copy to community folder" message.

This is probably due to the early stage of development of this incredibly valuable programme. It appears to be functioning sufficiently well to be useable, but I would like to be sure before I spend a lot of time on it.

I could not find a way to attach a screenshot of the error message so have copied and pasted it below.

project XML: M:\BL Folders\BL Projects\Test\Test.xml
temp dir:    M:\BL Folders\BL Projects\Test\_PackageInt
output dir:  M:\BL Folders\BL Projects\Test\.
PackageBuilder | Reading M:\BL Folders\BL Projects\Test\Test.xml...
PackageBuilder | Preparing asset groups...
PackageBuilder | Done, 2 asset groups registered.
PackageBuilder | Generating commands for package egaj-chilbolton...
PackageBuilder | Preparing commands for asset group egaj-airport...
PackageBuilder | Ready, 1 commands added.
PackageBuilder | Starting the build...
PackageBuilder | Build package egaj-chilbolton ...
PackageBuilder | Building assets for the package egaj-chilbolton...
Compiling BGL from file egaj-airport.xml...
PackageBuilder | Mirroring...
PackageBuilder | Generating package information ...
PackageBuilder | Validating Package 'egaj-chilbolton'...
[Package Validation] 'egaj-chilbolton' - Error@misc: Missing folder 'M:\BL Folders\BL Projects\Test\Packages\egaj-chilbolton\MarketplaceData'
[Package Validation] 'egaj-chilbolton' - Error@misc: Missing or invalid Business file 'M:\BL Folders\BL Projects\Test\Packages\egaj-chilbolton\Business.json'
Package Validation failed for 'egaj-chilbolton'
PackageBuilder | Finished, 0 skipped, 1 done and 1 failed, took 0s088ms.
Press any key to continue . . .

All the above still does not look right with the total absence of formatting and word wrap, I hope it can be read OK without too much trouble.

You may find this site helpful. . . .

http://www.scruffyduck.org.uk/ade_2020_help/

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Thank you very much Paul, unfortunately the link you have provided does not offer guidance about the PackageBuilder validation errors and what can be done about them.

The two "[Package Validation]" messages regarding "Marketplace Data" and "Business.json" can be ignored. They have no effect on your project.

For more info about this, and anything else about ADE for MSFS 2020, try here: https://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/forums/airport-design-editor-for-msfs-2020.160/

Have fun!

...jim

• Like 1

ASUS Prime Z790-E, Intel i9 13900K, 32Gb DDR5 Ram, Nvidia 3090 24Gb, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500 GB and 1 TB, Samsung Odyssey G9 Ultrawide 49" G-SYNC Monitor.

Crossed posts with Jim here, Lumbco, I understand your post well enough, but that site is the  "go-to" site for help regarding ADE, and any potential problems which one might encounter. Jim also echoes this. You need to dig!

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Thank you very much everyone who has helped me with my problem.

I am really relieved to find that I was doing nothing wrong. My project will very likely throw up other problems but I do know now that they will not be related to the validation messages!