Sign in to follow this  
PhilTaylor

SP1 question

Why did you post this in a thread related to the download size of SP1?I think an e-mail to Microsoft would have let them know your displeasure.Jimhttp://www.hifisim.com/Active Sky V6 Development Team Active Sky V6 Proud SupporterHiFi Beta TeamRadar Contact Supporter: http://www.jdtllc.com/AirSource Member: http://www.air-source.us/FSEconomy Member:http://www.fseconomy.com/

If I may ask, given you didnt fly a single flight, what was your issue?From a performance standpoint, please consider giving SP1 a shot when it comes out, it should help.3rd party content is starting to show up as well, so from that point of view the world of FSX is getting better too.

>$70 and 15GB of space wasted.Why didn't you request a refund? MS made it very clear all you needed to do was ask (within 45 days, IIRC)... :-roll

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Dan G Martin

Hi there Phil sorry to ask but will the up comming patch effect anythingin the SDK? Dan Martin Team Flight Ontario.

Yes, there are 3rd party developer fixes in SP1. Graphics, SimConnect, SDK.I cant claim we are fixing all 3rd party issues, but we are fixing quite a few.

Guest Dan G Martin

Gee Phil it's like you are right here beside me answering my questions!! anyway I thank you for taking the time to answer. Dan Martin Team Flight Ontario

The size is not an issue here .. would luv to see a solid SP1 that address' a large amount of the issues with the original release.Regards,Vern

>>The only thing we have not included, which was in doubt due to>size, is the ENDI airport fix. >If by ENDI you are referring to whatever prevents devs from releasing excellent airport addons using their own taxiway and runway textures then this would make sp1 irrelevant for me and make me doubly mad that this endeavor has postponed the release of the fsx dodo by at least 6 months and dx10 by almost a year. The only thing that I wanted fixed was the issue that prevents flightscenery portland type addons...________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

Hi do hope that we get SP1 before April 1 (April Fool's Day) ! But seriously folks I do appreciate the work getting SP1 out. I just did s fresh re-install to add SP1 before any add-ons....Blue Skies Forvever!

Guest GA Flyer

Phil,As long as SP1 delivers the needed fixes so that A) fellow simmers can get FSX installed in the first place,:( flights over populated cities do not suffer such a preformance hit as when compared to flying over remote areas using the same settings,along with many small items that have been noted -then SP1 is set to be a hit with me. (Please everyone read this is my opinion)Other fixes/improvements hopefully will be part of FS11. If there never was a prior flight sim to compare FSX to then with these fixes mentioned above FSX will be an amazing piece of work. Looking forward, FS11 should be built to bring the features of FSX, DX10 and Multi-core together seemlessly to the highest level with all well known addon developers able to develop and offer their work to enhance it. That, to me, would be the ultimate SP1 for FSX. P.S. Could you explain what the ENDI airport fix or problem is since I dont know what that refers too?

Hey nice of you to post with that response...Maybe that guy was having a bad day

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

No, this is a bad elevation issue around that specific airport, a content issue on our side.So the Bristol and Stansted airports by Gary Summons aren't similar to Portland? Has someone stated exactly what the issue in creating new content is, or is this the back-compat issue again?

The problem at Bristol and Stanstead was resolved by creating a flatten polygon and surrounding it with sloped polygons to blend with the terrain. This was achieved using Shp2Vec.George