Sign in to follow this  
Bilal2104

FPS dropping over time

Hi guys,

Anyone else have this problem, flying the FBW 320, starts at 60fps on the ground  then drops to like 26fps during cruise.

Specs RTX 3080 I7 10700K.

I7 10700K 16GB 3600MHZ RTX3080FE

If it is over a long time (an hour or so) there is currently a bug with ai traffic causing this which will be fixed with SU6.

You can test if it is this by pausing the flight, turning off ai traffic, then turning it back on again.  Performance should be restored.

I don't fly with ai traffic at the moment, so if I have the procedure wrong, somebody please correct me.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Not running any Ai at the moment.

But thanks for the help really appreciate.

• Like 1

I7 10700K 16GB 3600MHZ RTX3080FE

FWIW, I've gone back to the Dev version of the FBW for now. The experimental version was performing really badly as of late. I'm guessing there's some unoptimized LNAV code that needs sorting out. Reminded me of pre SU5 performance.  

Former Child, Current Adult

If this happens after a couple of hours (medium/long haul), try to set any destination on the (new) flight assistant tab, turn on "ai piloting", turn it off again, cancel the new destination. Sounds weird, but works everytime (unless it's really AI live traffic causing the issue).

• Like 1