Sign in to follow this  
DAD

Carenado Sale // Which twin prop is recommended?

with the current sale on marketplace, I would like to jump into one of Carenados twin props. any recommendations for either the Seneca or Seminole? Would go with the Seneca but wondering how much the windscreen anti-ice may bother me during flight. OTH the Seminole has a worse rating. well...

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

I only have the Seneca but the wind screen anti ice doesn't get in the way for me.

38 minutes ago, Naki18 said:

I have both, ..... the Seneca  wind screen anti ice doesn't get in the way for me.

same here. Seneca is bigger and beefier and looks very attractive. feels nice and heavy.

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

I have both but fly the Seneca more. The windscreen anti-ice doesn't get in the way but those huge engines do a bit if you want to fly VFR. The view from the Seminole is better if you like looking around. 

The Seneca is really good for a Carenado.  I like it.   Proper (precipitation) weather radar included, and lots of other little bespoke instruments.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Same here... Have both... I would go Seneca. Seminole nice but a category smaller and slower. 

Cheers T.

I have the Seminole, and other than the fact that it's a Seminole, with all the downsides associated with that, it is, to the best of my knowledge, the only Carenado aircraft to date to properly implement VR, and by that I mean it's the only one that has properly implemented the "VR: Cockpit Zoom" feature.  Is there anyone out there who uses VR that con confirm or deny this for me?  I'm disabled and it's a go/no-go decision maker for me, but Carenado doesn't talk about it or answer questions about it.  I might make an exception for the Cessna Skymaster if it comes out in time to be included in the sale, but even that has me wondering if that's really a good idea.  You see, I'm disabled and cannot bend and move as a "normal" person seated in a chair (I'm mostly bedbound) can do, which means I cannot see the cockpit, especially given the other limitations of VR, very well without that feature.

Can anyone out there help me out with finding this info?

Kev

thx got the Seneca now, beefier is the right stuff for this old guy, need to get now into all these knobs and dials. during my first flight I opened the window at 300kts and the aircraft crashed 😉 

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

33 minutes ago, DAD said:

opened the window at 300kts

Piper PA-34-220T Seneca V Specifications:

@ High-speed cruise, 10,000 ft 182 kt/635 nm (28 gph)
@ Normal cruise, 25,000 ft 200 kt/645 nm (24 gph

how about opening the door at 300 kts next time?

"and the aircraft crashed"

expected behaviour 😊

http://airmart.com/sites/default/files/Piper Seneca V Performance and Specs.pdf

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

very nice.

5 minutes ago, turbomax said:

expected behaviour

of course, good to see it simulated, door will be next 🙂

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

perhaps this will make you feel really proud of your new airplane, welcome to the Piper airplane owner club:

https://www.piper.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/03/2021_Seneca-Single-Sheet_Lo-Res.pdf

https://www.piper.com/model/seneca/

don't forget to ask if they also have a 30% off deal this week, looks just like Carenado's. tell them MSFS sent you:

1999 PIPER SENECA V

Piston Twin Aircraft
$347,000

https://www.controller.com/listing/for-sale/74360081/1999-piper-seneca-v-piston-twin-aircraft

Edited by turbomax

very nice.

44 minutes ago, DAD said:

thx got the Seneca now, beefier is the right stuff for this old guy, need to get now into all these knobs and dials. during my first flight I opened the window at 300kts and the aircraft crashed 😉 

Openning the window at any speed has the same result as well 😞

• Like 1

I like the Seminole, and when not flying the DC6, it is my go to aircraft. I like flying at lower GA altitudes, and flying at 25000 feet has zero a appeal for me. I am also not crazy about the waffle iron in the windscreen, yuck. Everything works correctly in the Seminole, no problems at all after Carenados last update. The side visibility in the cockpit is better in the Seminole because the engines don't block as much of the view as they do in the Seneca. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Oh I was just going to ask about the window visibility with the engines.  It's better than the Seminole?  I thought the Senecas nacelles were larger?

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

10 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Oh I was just going to ask about the window visibility with the engines.  It's better than the Seminole?  I thought the Senecas nacelles were larger?

The Seminole has better visibility due to smaller engine cowling, which I posted above. . 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310