Sign in to follow this  
flyinpilot212121

Msfs on Xbox, Will a series S suffice

Hey folks, 

I’ve been a pc simmer since fs 95 came out, I currently have a PlayStation 4 of which is on the fritz and was gonna purchase a ps5 but then thought maybe I’ll get an Xbox instead to casually use msfs for a quick fix. 

In doing some research I’m confused between a series s and a series X? Other than the not having a disk drive, would there be any reason to not go with an “S”? 
I don’t plan on leaving simming on the pc as that is in my opinion the preferred method for simming for my uses (with all my equipment I have invested) , but figured If I’m investing in a new console might as well go that route for the option. 

Also, I hardly ever play games on console, it’s just nice to have a console for the odd time I want to do something different. 

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

X is more powerful.

a wee search found this What's the diffrence

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

I have the same question too.  If anyone out there is running MSFS on Xbox series S, please comment on the performance.  

We already are aware that X’ is more powerful!  

Edited by joby33y
Typos
  • Like 1

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

3 minutes ago, joby33y said:

I have the same question too.  If anyone out there is running MSFS on Xbox series S, please comment on the performance.  

The price difference and availability is what is attractive to me, especially if not a huge console gamer!

• Upvote 1

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

21 minutes ago, joby33y said:

It didn't sound like the OP was aware from his post.. but hey have fun.

Edited by Car147
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

I found this video looking at the differences.

• Upvote 1

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

Had an S and then replaced it by an X. Primarily because with just MSFS the disk space on the S was already at 80% usage with all World Updates leaving little space for other titles my kids play. Performance wise I honestly saw little difference but did not really test it. Actually I do not use MSFS on the X as it cannot handle the CRJ or FBW320 properly with just the controller

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Thanks for the info!  I’m seriously considering picking up an ‘S’ and giving it a go with MSFS.  Just cannot find Series X anywhere around here….none to be had.  And restocks sell out almost instantly.  

rgds, JB

Intel 11900K @ 5.0GHz, MSI Z590, 32GB G.Skill 3600Mhz, RTX 4080 MSI Ventus, GoFlight modules, HP Reverb G2 VR, FlyVirtual.net, Private Pilot SEL rating

10 hours ago, DAD said:

Had an S and then replaced it by an X. Primarily because with just MSFS the disk space on the S was already at 80% usage with all World Updates leaving little space for other titles my kids play. Performance wise I honestly saw little difference but did not really test it. Actually I do not use MSFS on the X as it cannot handle the CRJ or FBW320 properly with just the controller

Have you considered getting a hard drive for additional space before going to an X? Just curious if that’s even possible? 

3 hours ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

Have you considered getting a hard drive for additional space before going to an X? Just curious if that’s even possible? 

The „official“ SDD extension is so expensive that you can buy an X straight away

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

14 minutes ago, DAD said:

The „official“ SDD extension is so expensive that you can buy an X straight away

Ah makes sense!