Sign in to follow this  
david_at_home

Connecting a second 14" monitor dedicated to Little Navmap

First of all: I am not a computer nerd so I do need help!

I would like to connect a second monitor to my NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER grapic card.
If it works this monitor would be a dedicated Little NavMap Monitor.

The single HDMI port is connected to my main monitor at the moment.

That leaves three DisplayPort 1.4's.

I have been checking the Internet for a suitable 14" monitor but I cannot find one with a DisplayPort.
Even if I did I don't know if the configeration would work as I would like it. 
I have never attached two monitors to one graphic card so how can I have a different content on two displays.

For any advice I would be very grateful!

David at home

You can buy cables that have display port connection on one end and hdmi on other. I suggest you buy both the monitor and cable from the same local store so you can return them if they don't meet your needs.

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

To enable the second monitor you just enable it via the Nvidia Control Panel or Display settings menu ( do a right mouse click in desktop window and open it) .

Open Little NavMap and drag it over to the new monitor.

Thank you for the info.

Buying at the local store would be a good idea but the two were whip out in German flood of 14.Juli (8 meters of water).

I can buy at Amazon though and rerurn them if I cannot get things working to my satisfaction!

Edited by david_at_home

I can now understand the hardware configuration. 2nd Monitoter to GraphicCard using a  DisplayPort to HDMI cable.

Can anyone confirm that this will work as I want it!

What I don't understand is how I will be able to fly and use Little NavMap at the same time.
How do I tell the GrapicCard to display two different outputs to two monitors? 
I only have one keyboard/mouse. How do I then set up Little NavMap. How can I jump from the simulator to Little NavMap
on a separate monitor.

I know this is ignorance on my part. Perhaps some of you know of a tutorial (youtube pehaps).