Sign in to follow this  
jozeff

What is best option for remote fmc for fslabs320

Aviaworx is the best option.

Yes, for use MCDU via Aviaworx server you need to purchase a license.

FSLabs has a solution, it’s well explained in A320 Manuals. Works average ok. 
If you want to try it:

Change your PC's IP on LAN is 192.168.x.xx. and  please  enter in this address 192.168.1.30:8080/mcdu/mcdu.html

2 hours ago, jozeff said:

Do I need this app to use my android tablet as a fmc?

The short answer is no it's not required, as the FSLabs Scarebus natively incorporates a small webserver as part of the panel that makes the MCDU (the FMC is called a MCDU in Scarebus parlance) remote-accessible by any device with a web browser.

The (inexpensive payware) Aviaworx solution is better than the native one, though, especially if you want to put both left and right MCDUs up together, either on a split-screen browser or on multiple tablets.  I have both the MCDUs up on a pair of older 9.7" iPad 2 tablets I got for ~$100 used at MicroCenter.

• Upvote 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

Or, you can use Spacedesk (https://spacedesk.net/) This (free) software allows you to use your tablet as an extra screen. Simply drag the MCDU to tour tablet- voila. Works with all airplanes as long as you can undock the MCDU.

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

Does spacedesk cost a lot of fps?

I tried it but couldn't get it to work for some reason.  If I loose a lot of fps I might give up and buy avioworx  cdu.

I saw someone use the original remote mcdu and it only filled halve the android tablet screen .. didn't look that good.

Does avioworx look decent on a tablet?

Tnx!!

Jozeff

3 hours ago, jozeff said:

I saw someone use the original remote mcdu and it only filled halve the android tablet screen .. didn't look that good.

Hi jozeff,

There is a clickspot on the upper right corner, if i'm not mistaken, that enlarges the MCDU bit by bit every time you press it, making it almost fill the tablet screen. I use a Galaxy Tab S6 Lite and I think it looks ok.

I have the aviaworx CDU for the PMDG 777 and for the Majestic Q400, but I see no reason to purchase a license for the FSLabs, because for me the native one does the job just the same. But I might be missing something, it has happened a lot before...

Regards,

Bruno.

Bruno Duarte

Tnx! I'll give it a try. Didn't know you could enlarge the mcdu like that.

Jozeff

Hi folks,

I m using the FSLabs MCDU function on my iPad. It works flawless in combination with a Firefox browser which is recommended by the deleveloper because it works flawless.

CPU 9900K @5GHz, RTX3090 Suprim X, 32GB RAM @3600MHz, WIN 10, P3Dv5.3HF2, 4K 40“ Monitor @30Hz

I would recommend Aviaworx because it can be fullscreen on your Ipad. The one from Fslabs can’t

13 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

I would recommend Aviaworx because it can be fullscreen on your Ipad. The one from Fslabs can’t

Yes the FSLabs can do full screen and i use it all the time on my tablets.  On left side near top is Full Screen and then right side top are arrows to enlarge.  Works well for me and I have both left and right side on 2 tablets.

Darcy

1 hour ago, Darcy said:

Yes the FSLabs can do full screen and i use it all the time on my tablets.  On left side near top is Full Screen and then right side top are arrows to enlarge.  Works well for me and I have both left and right side on 2 tablets.

Darcy

See my topic here and picture here, last time I checked Fslabs can not do fullscreen on IPad as a webapp. Also the Aviaworx looks and works beter.

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/27506-remote-cdu-released/

Edited by rob0203

1 hour ago, rob0203 said:

See my topic here and picture here, last time I checked Fslabs can not do fullscreen on IPad as a webapp. Also the Aviaworx looks and works beter.

https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/27506-remote-cdu-released/

I don't have an ipad but use 2 android tablets and they work great full screen with FSL.  I do use Aviaworx for PMDG, Q400 and QW787.