Sign in to follow this  
Frank Schlierman

After 6 years of absence. What abot IVAO

Hello everyone, after a few years off I have rediscovered flight simulation for myself and have now finished installing my P3D. When I left 6 years ago, IVAO was the leading network in Europe. After a few days I have the impression as if this is now Vatsim. In this context I would like to know what happened in the last years and where IVAO stopped being the leading network. Or rather, where the peak was and why then came the crash. I would also be interested to know how you think both networks will develop in the future.

Thanks, Frank!

i fly IVAO. They recently updated their software (Altitude) and MTL models are update almost on an daily basis. Very happy with it.

i7-7700K @ 4.9 GHz, 32GB DDR4, GTX1080, 2 x Samsung 1TB NVMe, 1 x 3TB HDD, Windows 10 Prof

Vatsim is jam-packed in Europe during their daylight hours. Like jam packed. I don’t fly over there generally, but every time I look the continent is basically covered for ATC. 

IVAO has an excellent tour system with World tours and Divisional tours for all kinds of flight operations. I'm currently flying the IVAO Slovenian Division long-haul 2021 tour (20 legs in total). Software for P3D works well, although they do have the occasional server glitch.

IVAO ATC coverage is not generally quite as good as VATSIM in Western Europe and USA but you do get South America, Asia and Eastern Europe controllers. IVAO controllers tend to be a little bit more relaxed than VATSIM controllers in my experience, and more willing to work with pilots (i.e. they don't log on when on approach and demand that you change your arrival).. I've never had a bad experience on IVAO. I also like VATSIM however, both are excellent organisations.

Welcome back Frank   -   Doug

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

I started a few years ago on IVAO which is a beatiful plattform form newbie's on flying online.

At least since two years I'm flying an VATSIM because in my opionion (!!!) Vatsim sometimes seems to be a little bit more professionell concering ATC and Pilots than on IVAO but it is only my opinion!

The ATC Coverage on VATSIM in Europe grew up in the last months, nealy every evening you have the chance to fly from Canaries to Denmark with complete ATC for example.

Edited by mobiel

36 minutes ago, mobiel said:

I started a few years ago on IVAO which is a beatiful plattform form newbie's on flying online.

At least since two years I'm flying an VATSIM because in my opionion (!!!) Vatsim sometimes seems to be a little bit more professionell concering ATC and Pilots than on IVAO but it is only my opinion!

The ATC Coverage on VATSIM in Europe grew up in the last months, nealy every evening you have the chance to fly from Canaries to Denmark with complete ATC for example.

I agree there is often more pilots on VATSIM but at the moment there are 46 controllers on IVAO and 40 on VATSIM.