Sign in to follow this  
spillsover

missing sound scripts in lessons. Help!

I am a complete noob and require lessons to learn flying. To my disappointment, i found that most in most lessons, there is an error which pops up before the lesson is loaded, saying that the associated sound script is missing. Then it loads the lesson but I have no idea what to do as no screen prompt or sound comes to tell me what to do. Please help. Is there anywhere i can download these scripts. I have tried the usual google search which tells me that others also have this issue and that there are files that can be downloaded but no one tells me where to download it. I am desperate for help. 

Sumit 

• Like 1

Is this for FSX disc version or Steam version?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

OK, since you have the Steam version, let's try to verify the game cache which might fix your issue!

To verify your game files please do the following:

1. Load the Steam platform and log into your account
2. Click the Library tab in the menu at the top of the screen
3. Click the List View from the view options on the top right of the screen
4. Right click on Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition to bring up a popup menu
5. Click on Properties from the popup menu to bring up another popup box
6. Click on Local files from the popup box menu
7. Click on Verify integrity of game cache from the Local file options
8. Wait for the progress bar to finish verifying your files. Additional files may download
9. Restart Steam
10. Restart Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition 

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Just now, charliearon said:

OK, since you have the Steam version, let's try to verify the game cache which might fix your issue!

To verify your game files please do the following:

1. Load the Steam platform and log into your account
2. Click the Library tab in the menu at the top of the screen
3. Click the List View from the view options on the top right of the screen
4. Right click on Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition to bring up a popup menu
5. Click on Properties from the popup menu to bring up another popup box
6. Click on Local files from the popup box menu
7. Click on Verify integrity of game cache from the Local file options
8. Wait for the progress bar to finish verifying your files. Additional files may download
9. Restart Steam
10. Restart Microsoft Flight Simulator X: Steam Edition 

I did that already, but no joy. 

Only other alternative is to contact Dovetail.  The only other thing I can think of is....did you delete any default aircraft from your Sim?  I know for a fact that it screws up the Missions.  Don't know if it affects lessons.

Charlie Aron

1 minute ago, charliearon said:

Only other alternative is to contact Dovetail.

Hmm. Will try that. I read somewhere that AVsim had an update that could be downloaded somewhere that fixes this issue

. Would you happen to know where I can find that?

No, no clue!  I will check in the File Library!

UPDATE:  Nothing in the library but found this in an older post:

"i found i had to rename my folder in 'sounds/lessons' to 'sounds/Lessons' and it now works!"

Also, some lesson have no sounds or sound scripts, so try more than the first lesson!

Charlie Aron

3 minutes ago, charliearon said:

No, no clue!  I will check in the File Library!

apparently dovetail cannot help as the files have been missing since version 2000 and they do not have the rights to that. if anyone has the full 2000 CD, probably they can share those sound files (cross finger) How do i go about asking that now 😛

no clue!   Sorry!

Charlie Aron

1 minute ago, spillsover said:

apparently dovetail cannot help as the files have been missing since version 2000 and they do not have the rights to that. if anyone has the full 2000 CD, probably they can share those sound files (cross finger) How do i go about asking that now 😛

Sorry it is in the 2002 CD !

Just now, charliearon said:

no clue!   Sorry!

Thnak you Anyway... for taking so much time out for trying to solve my issue. Cheers