Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
JGregory

Xp 12 Update

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, mSparks said:

Lets put it this way, some of those new XP12 screenshots had the FPS counter on.....

Yes but without the PC specs as well it's not really of any use. Put simply I think I am asking whether my PC will be able to run XP12 and I'll be able to get the graphics quality shown in the screenshots? (I710700, rtx2070, 32gb ram, monitor at 2560 x 1440)

Edit. PS I'm just not shelling out two grand for a 3090 just to be able to run XP12!!😂 There are lots of great planes coming out which I badly want but won't buy until I am sure that I can run XP12 and enjoy the full enhanced visuals together with high demand aircraft.

Edited by jarmstro

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would agree this is going to be more demanding. Vulkan supports multi threading and other sims get an amazing boost but not XP. They didn't mention or demonstrate anything about performance at the Expo. I'm not convinced any work has been done on it. The way it's shaping up I think XP12 will probably have even lower FPS than 11. That's pretty sad. I don't think I'm going to jump into a new XP until there is acceptable FPS and multi threading.  And that sux because I have a lot of add-ons such as Zibo which will be gathering dust.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

e able to get the graphics quality shown in the screenshots?

The lighting changes shouldn't really impact resources one way or the other in any significant way (I guess).

Trees, Water, Clouds, reflections etc quite a different story, all of those will increase your GPU time above what it is now, by how much is anyone's guess until we get our hands on it, and even then there will be a process moving from "getting it working" to "getting it working well".

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jeesh, really. Havnt even seeing a beta yet and all the complaints are coming out. Still dont know why they bother, no matter what they say, people complain.  And its not even monday yet. The sky is falling..

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mjrhealth said:

Jeesh, really. Havnt even seeing a beta yet and all the complaints are coming out. Still dont know why they bother, no matter what they say, people complain.  And its not even monday yet. The sky is falling..

Complaint? Not at all. It's something I badly need to know in order for me to invest in the Concorde, theA340, the Q400, the MD11 etc etc!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jarmstro said:

Complaint? Not at all. It's something I badly need to know in order for me to invest in the Concorde, theA340, the Q400, the MD11 etc etc!

Everyone would like to know but sitting here speculating and hoping for the worst does nothing. When we see fist Beta than one can start looking. Lets wait and see. Smily faces thats what the world needs  😊

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, mjrhealth said:

Everyone would like to know but sitting here speculating and hoping for the worst does nothing. When we see fist Beta than one can start looking. Lets wait and see. Smily faces thats what the world needs  😊

Being happy with everything on the other hand is what has lead us here into this situation, where people are hoping not to be disappointed. Again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rka said:

Being happy with everything on the other hand is what has lead us here into this situation, where people are hoping not to be disappointed. Again.

Ive never being disapointed with XPLANE but than Im old bought up in a different time.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, mjrhealth said:

Ive never being disapointed with XPLANE but than Im old bought up in a different time.

I cut my teeth with Bruce Artwick. All modern sims continue to amaze me compared to what we had even just a few short years ago. 

 


Jason E Row

Follow me on Youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/JasonRowPhotography

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mjrhealth said:

Ive never being disapointed with XPLANE but than Im old bought up in a different time.

I like XP a lot for several reasons. But there are things about it that I strongly disagree with as well. I have been disappointed several times. 

I'm old as well but most people have always been striving for improvement in my experience. Something which was mostly missing from the flightsim market/community until recently and I honestly think what we are seeing now is a direct effect from the new competition. 

I am certain that we would not have been seeing any of those "new' ideas in the market and especially not at that dev pace we are seeing everywhere now. 

I wonder if you would use the same logic if we were talking about cars for example. I have never been disappointed by the Ford model T, so why would I need something better!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, rka said:

I like XP a lot for several reasons. But there are things about it that I strongly disagree with as well. I have been disappointed several times. 

I'm old as well but most people have always been striving for improvement in my experience. Something which was mostly missing from the flightsim market/community until recently and I honestly think what we are seeing now is a direct effect from the new competition. 

I am certain that we would not have been seeing any of those "new' ideas in the market and especially not at that dev pace we are seeing everywhere now. 

I wonder if you would use the same logic if we were talking about cars for example. I have never been disappointed by the Ford model T, so why would I need something better!

I havnt owned a car in over 30 years. Walk, bike, bus train. Saves me heaps

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, mjrhealth said:

I havnt owned a car in over 30 years. Walk, bike, bus train. Saves me heaps

Ok, so: I have never been disappointed by a horse carriage, why would I need a train? 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, rka said:

Ok, so: I have never been disappointed by a horse carriage, why would I need a train? 😉

If you live your life disappointed than thats all you will ever be, only thing that disappoints me is mankind. Cant even call us man kind, not much kindness in the world today, and we see that reflected in so many posts about xplane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, mjrhealth said:

If you live your life disappointed than thats all you will ever be, only thing that disappoints me is mankind. Cant even call us man kind, not much kindness in the world today, and we see that reflected in so many posts about xplane.

If you live your life without critically thinking about things, all you're ever going to be is naive.

The kind in mankind comes from kin, not from kind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really, really thought that the topic title was "XP 12 Update"

Tony

  • Upvote 1

Tony Chilcott.

 

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...