Sign in to follow this  

Selected Compusa stores that are closing

Guest 2002cbr600f4i

Yeha,. too bad they haven't dropped prices on anything else really all that much. Most stuff, even with the 10-30% off they're taking right now, is cheaper through places like Newegg.I keep stopping back hoping that they will reduce the prices further, but so far no luck. I really want to pick up a Mac Mini, but they're only taking 5% off... So instead of $599, it's $569... Oh boy! NOT...--Mike

At my compusa store I was told that they would be there until approximately May, and that prices would continue to fall.

>Yeha,. too bad they haven't dropped prices on anything else>really all that much. Most stuff, even with the 10-30% off>they're taking right now, is cheaper through places like>Newegg.>>I keep stopping back hoping that they will reduce the prices>further, but so far no luck. I really want to pick up a Mac>Mini, but they're only taking 5% off... So instead of $599,>it's $569... Oh boy! NOT...>>--MikeHence the reason for their closures....their prices. Brick and mortar shops are really taking it on the chin since the advent of online ordering.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup

Guest 2002cbr600f4i

Well, I actually wrote a story about this at my blog - www.nonpcgeeks.comIn short, I and everyone I know has stopped shopping there over the past 5 years because 1) competition from online (newegg, ZZF, etc) and other stores like Frys and 2) I got sick and tired of any time they had a "sale" it was always a "MIR", which is a pain to deal with and they're hoping you're not going to send it. VERY annoying.Nope, I hope they burn in ####. Their sales people have always been next to useless, and their product selection hasn't ever really been impressive. Their prices - UGH. They could have adapted, but they didn't, so they died. Glad to see them go actually!--Mike

Guest Cormega

I completely agree and feel the same way!! I like them more than BesyBuy, but glad to see them fall.

Circuit City is next after what they did yesterday but alas this thread probably belongs some place else at this point.________________________________________________________________________________________________Intel D975XBX2 'Bad Axe 2' | Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 3.20Ghz | 2 GB Super Talent DDR2 800 | Big Typhoon VX | eVGA 8800GTS @ 565/900 | Seagate 2x320GB SATA RAID-0 | OCZ GameXStream 700W | Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Triplehead Setup