Sign in to follow this  
johnbow72

Auckland City Pack released for MSFS

Beautiful! I love these city landmarks!

• Upvote 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Thanks for bringing this to my attention John.  I have been using some port overs from flightsim.to with some success but clearly this has just replaced them!  

I guess those lawns are going to have to mow themselves this afternoon! 

Terry

Auckland, New Zealand 

• Like 1

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

Awesome ....be picking this up soon.  Am flying from one of end of NZ to the other and the next leg is NZNE to NZAR so the timing is perfect.

• Like 1

All the newest high rises are present.. including one still under construction!! Brilliant..must buy for me!!

• Like 2

Purchased..i am getting some topography errors for west Auckland. Lots of little peaks when viewed from downtown. There seems to be an issue with building sizes.. incorrect heights with some of the tallest buildings..(some are not high enough, some are a little too high.. and some newest high rise buildings are completely missing.. Also..Takapuna hi rises are mostly present but not Manukau city hi rises (except the new one) also the iconic Auckland grammer is absent, as are all the big public hospitals, except Auckland central..missing are North shore, Waitakari, Greenlane womans and Middlemore . Mount Eden doesn't have its cone shape, but view deck is there. While Orbx concentrates mostly on the waterfront and tidal edges..which kook good.. the Harbour bridge framework is way too small by comparison. 

I am still happy to have this though. I would like to see better topographical height map used though as grafton gully is too flat, and karangahpe road seems too low...

Just my immediate feedback for those who wish to purchase this. For many who don't know Auckland it does add a good dimension to downtown.

The alternative Freeware scenery is good but the height maps for Queen street are all screwed up and the newest hi rises are missing of course. 

It is fairly cheap to purchase the Orbx option (cost me $13. Incl tax) so i am happy with it, but hope Orbx includes Manukau city centre and the all the other big public hospitals if they can in the future. 

• Like 3

I know why I waited to buy the NZ-Mesh, because theres a discount for Auckland and NZ-Mesh together 😁

Grap it 💲

• Like 1

Stephan from Germany

My System

Is there a decent NZAA yet? I have Flightbeam’s outstanding P3d version but I only see one freeware NZAA available for MSFS.

Cheers, Pete

• Like 2

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

Flightbeams NZAA for MSFS will be out very soon I believe 

4 hours ago, PilotPete99 said:

Is there a decent NZAA yet? I have Flightbeam’s outstanding P3d version but I only see one freeware NZAA available for MSFS.

Cheers, Pete

Edited by Naki18
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Naki18 said:

Flightbeams NZAA for MSFS will be out very soon I believe 

Been waiting every day for this

23 hours ago, ray hughes said:

Purchased..i am getting some topography errors for west Auckland. Lots of little peaks when viewed from downtown. There seems to be an issue with building sizes.. incorrect heights with some of the tallest buildings..(some are not high enough, some are a little too high.. and some newest high rise buildings are completely missing.. Also..Takapuna hi rises are mostly present but not Manukau city hi rises (except the new one) also the iconic Auckland grammer is absent, as are all the big public hospitals, except Auckland central..missing are North shore, Waitakari, Greenlane womans and Middlemore . Mount Eden doesn't have its cone shape, but view deck is there. While Orbx concentrates mostly on the waterfront and tidal edges..which kook good.. the Harbour bridge framework is way too small by comparison. 

I am still happy to have this though. I would like to see better topographical height map used though as grafton gully is too flat, and karangahpe road seems too low...

Just my immediate feedback for those who wish to purchase this. For many who don't know Auckland it does add a good dimension to downtown.

The alternative Freeware scenery is good but the height maps for Queen street are all screwed up and the newest hi rises are missing of course. 

It is fairly cheap to purchase the Orbx option (cost me $13. Incl tax) so i am happy with it, but hope Orbx includes Manukau city centre and the all the other big public hospitals if they can in the future. 

Ray, I've just discovered that the freeware Mt Eden scenery, by TheTexanKiwi, works with this new Orbx Auckland, and looks much better than theirs. I thought there'd be a conflict but there isn't, - perhaps the freeware one (available at https://flightsim.to/file/9118/mount-eden-auckland-new-zealand) sits slightly higher than the default one. In real life, Mt Eden sort of dominates the city centre to the south but imo the default/Orbx one looks a bit underwhelming. Give it a try, - it's brilliant!

Edited by Scupper
Got north/south mixed up
  • Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Scupper said:

Ray, I've just discovered that the freeware Mt Eden scenery, by TheTexanKiwi, works with this new Orbx Auckland, and looks much better than theirs. I thought there'd be a conflict but there isn't, - perhaps the freeware one (available at https://flightsim.to/file/9118/mount-eden-auckland-new-zealand) sits slightly higher than the default one. In real life, Mt Eden sort of dominates the city centre to the south but imo the default/Orbx one looks a bit underwhelming. Give it a try, - it's brilliant!

Cheers for that..i will give it a try!!

Hi Guys,

Just purchased Auckland City Landmarks Pack. I agree with much of what you have said @ray hughes in terms of the great water masking to show the mangroves and low tide mudflats and of course some of the missing buildings. That said, I guess there was a point where they aren't going to do every building in Auckland and as you said their focus is on the waterfront and of course the CBD. So I am saying they have done an excellent job and as an Aucklander I can say it looks pretty damned impressive. I love the 'Cloud' (waterfront venue) at night with lighting effects, very nice. If you wander the streets a little in this pack you will see the Millenium hotel and the Town Hall and the Civic picture theater, all pretty good renditions. There is lots of other detail around to find as well. 

Night time is pretty spectacular.  

Now for my wishes to add to your ones Ray. 

Bean Rock! Its an historic lighthouse first lit in 1871 that anyone who has ever been on the Waitamata Harbour will have seen or sailed passed. It's right there at the entrance to the harbour and is very much a landmark of Auckland.  For next update please Orbx 😁.   

Also, how about an Easter Egg. I would like to see the statue of the famous mayor of Auckland Sir Dove-Meyer Robinson. For someone so famous it seems odd in reality that his statue is oddly small and in an obscure position. But he was a enduring personal landmark of Auckland so next update Orbx let us all search for Rob and see him on display. "If only we had listened to Rob" was the oft heard phrase.👍👍

I had a few problems with the download but I'm pretty sure that was my crappy internet. Steve at Orbx patiently dealt with a frustrated me and got it all fixed. Great support Orbx and a shoutout to Steve.   

9/10. 👍👍

Edited by Lord Farringdon
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.   

2 minutes ago, Lord Farringdon said:

Now for my wishes to add to your ones Ray. 

Did you guys repeat this on the ORBX forum? Given the Auckland addon is new and the developer is available (which doesn't apply to some dated addons) there's a good chance they will implement some of these suggestions.

Kind regards, Michael

• Like 1

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

11 hours ago, pmb said:

Did you guys repeat this on the ORBX forum? Given the Auckland addon is new and the developer is available (which doesn't apply to some dated addons) there's a good chance they will implement some of these suggestions.

Kind regards, Michael

Good point, thanks Michael I'll do that !

Terry