Sign in to follow this  
Hoynie

[Progress Update] NZMC - Mount Cook | NZA Simulations

Looks amazing , when will this be available at Orbx Central ? .

Such a shame that Orbx NZ mesh is broken right now after Spain and Malta WU. This scenery is outstanding.

• Like 3

tpewpb-6.png

Thanks a ton for the outstanding support so far. We're really humbled!

Just a note on the Orbx mesh, we have been talking with them and they state they have been in contact with Asobo and are making adjustments to the mesh after a new terrain LOD system was introduced. Epect something soon from Orbx.

We will of corse support both stock and Orbx mesh products with NZMC.

• Like 4

NZA Simulations

Looks fantastic, great work guys.  I'll pick it up as soon as Orbx pull their fingers out and sort the mesh problem.

This looks spectacular! Been there once in real life and this scenery really pay respect to the natural beauty of the area. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

5 hours ago, RW1 said:

Such a shame that Orbx NZ mesh is broken right now after Spain and Malta WU

How is it broken?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

10 minutes ago, captain420 said:

How is it broken?

Just huge DEM errors throughout NZ. This example is NZQN with Orbx mesh. But the whole Mount Cook region and indeed most or the South Island is the same.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Most alpine regions have huge cones just rising 1000's of feet into the air. 

• Like 1

tpewpb-6.png

Thanks for posting that! I look forward to the updated NZ mesh from Orbx then.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Forgot I had the mesh loaded and just arrived into Queenstown, poor passengers :angry: Hope it gets fixed soon as all my flying is done here. Now off to Mt Cook.

Trevor Golding

This product is available for purchase now €18.99 https://nzasimulations.com/product/nzmc-mount-cook/

On the product page it says that its “Compatible with the ORBX NZ Mesh Addon”. However, there seems to be some debate on the mesh issue over at forum.orbxdirect.com. The latest update (16 hrs ago) seems to be that “working on the fixes for the mesh products so we will announce when the patches are released”.

EDIT: Some more information from the developer re: mesh issue (info from NZA discord)

“As of Sim update 9 Hotfix 1 Orbx’s custom NZ mesh has stopped working due to Asobo introducing a new terrain LOD system. Asobo has informed Orbx on how to address the issue and once Orbx releases a patch Mount Cook will be compatible with the Orbx NZ mesh.”

“keep in mind that the entire development of NZMC was based on the Orbx Mesh ... and afterwards we had to readjust it for the default mesh, this led to a lot of extra work. We all really hope it can be fixed soon”

I’m tempted to buy it now and deactivate the Orbx mesh. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

33 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Im tempted to buy it now and deactivate the Orbx mesh.

Do it. NZMC is still fantastic with default mesh. NZA did a splendid job recreating the region. 

tpewpb-6.png

NZA is top notch imo - but wish they created UAS airports 

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

34 minutes ago, Richard Sennett said:

but wish they created UAS airports

Buddy you have FlightBeam and FSDT. Leave our Kiwi stuff alone ok... 🤣

• Like 1

tpewpb-6.png

50 minutes ago, RW1 said:

Buddy you have FlightBeam and FSDT. Leave our Kiwi stuff alone ok... 🤣

Amen to that the flight sim world is so US centric!

Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."