Sign in to follow this  
Nemo

Flightsim.to - Access Restriction

Tried to donate this morning and got message that they are not accepting donations right now ??? .

• Like 1

I take the opportunity to visit when the Americans are asleep. then there is no queuing.

• Like 2

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

9 minutes ago, johnbow72 said:

Tried to donate this morning and got message that they are not accepting donations right now ??? .

They are working on a whole donation/tier system for the site.

• Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

8 minutes ago, johnbow72 said:

Good to know. If any of them Jehovah's Witness come banging on my door today I'm gonna show that to them as an example to follow...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

"That's what" - She

For a good time, download my repaints for the RealAir Scout/Citabria/Decathlon in the AvSim library by clicking here!

The same.

cOO6fRt.jpg

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

3 hours ago, Zangoose said:

Because the library on those sites (no offence) are old and outdated and isn't as appealing and really that easy to use compared to Flightsim.to. The search on Avsim for example has been hit and miss for a long time. It's also a bit of a pain to upload items as well. 

While in the past Avsim marveled in being the place to go to download flightsim addons, I'm sure that the sheer volume of content being stored and downloaded at flightsim.to would put a damper financially on Avsim. I'm not so sure they want that extreme burden of storage space, bandwidth and cost that would come with being the #1 place to get MSFS mods /addons.

James

oof, I've been waiting in queue quite a while now. This is unfortunate, especially for people that have limited time to spend on games.
Flightsim.to is my favorite in many ways but the scenery map that allows your to browse the world visually to search for new airports to try is amazing. Also having the personalized page with updates to your previously downloaded addons saves so much time. It really is leaps and bounds ahead. If they end up letting you skips lines for a membership fee I'll be first to join.

spacer.png

Edited by dresoccer4

1 hour ago, Ixoye said:

I take the opportunity to visit when the Americans are asleep. then there is no queuing.

Yeah I do the opposite hehe.  I think European traffic on that site is massive during your daylight hours.  And I think USA traffic is massive during afternoon/evening hours.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

4 hours ago, Dillon said:

It's time for Avsim and Flightsim.com to once again be our primary download sites.  Not sure how Flightsim.to cornered the market since the release of FS2020 but we've never had these kinds of issues in the 20+ years of use on our legacy sites.  Our third party community needs to come back home.

On the contrary: flightsim.to is a fantastic resource, far better than anything else around, which is exactly why they have "cornered the market". I, for one, am grateful to have it.

Edited by cobalt
  • Like 4

I just waited 15 minutes to count down from #775, then their hoster (CloudFlare, aka the crappiest hoster in the world) gave me a gateway timeout.  So much for an excellent resource being ruined.  I just wanted to check PMs in a conversation with someone developing an airport I provided some pics for.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Captain Nuts said:

I just waited 15 minutes to count down from #775, then their hoster (CloudFlare, aka the crappiest hoster in the world) gave me a gateway timeout.

Same here. 

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

Now I get a "Gateway Timeout" Service Unavailable error - I don't even get the queue anymore.  This is a disaster - they must be having other issues.

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

It's time for Avsim and Flightsim.com to once again be our primary download sites.  Not sure how Flightsim.to cornered the market since the release of FS2020 but we've never had these kinds of issues in the 20+ years of use on our legacy sites.  Our third party community needs to come back home.

I've been a member, and financial supporter of AVSIM and FlightSim for at least 15-years now.  I do appreciate what they offer but they have failed to keep up with technology.

flightsim.to has a fantastic "update" service that allows me to check the status of my 150+ mods with ONE (1 !!) click of the mouse.  If I had downloaded all that stuff from the "heritage" sites - HOW would I keep them all up to date?  

.to showed their commitment to our community when they added the "SU5 compatibility" box and then disallowed the mods which could not demonstrate that compatibility. 

I will continue to support other sites but flightsim.to is my go to location for mods. 

Just now logged into flightsim.to with no delay and my wait for a download was 12-seconds.  

Edited by TacomaSailor
  • Like 5

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor