Sign in to follow this  
Kilo60

Seasons... When?

Has there been any recent official word when Seasons are to be added...?

Now that we are getting into fall and eventually winter this is currently my most requested feature!

Chris Camp

It’s listed as “started” on the official wishlist with implementation sometime in 2022.  In other words nothing for this fall/winter (northern hemisphere).

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

I am expecting seasons with SU6.

September 23rd Development Update was mentioning something about fall.

Just a feeling 🙂

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

1 hour ago, kt069 said:

Just a feeling 🙂

Never ever, they would for sure make a bigger announcement if they have seasons already ready...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

3 hours ago, kt069 said:

Just a feeling 🙂

The latest development update says release expected 2022. It won't happen sooner.

Ya unfortunately I don’t think it’s imminent, so I purchased bijan seasons to tie me over…Which is well done!

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

It is available by Bijan Studio, and it is worth every penny.

Edited by Ixoye
  • Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

7 hours ago, kt069 said:

Just a feeling 🙂

I think you will be disappointed. 

23 hours ago, Gilandred said:

It’s listed as “started” on the official wishlist with implementation sometime in 2022.  In other words nothing for this fall/winter (northern hemisphere).

This is disappointing news!

Chris Camp

Snow is already implemented, which to be fair is far more important than the color of leaves on a tree.

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

I use the four seasons add on, and I am happy with the seasonal look. Have had fall set for weeks and it looks great. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

I can recommend Bijans add-on, too. Definitely worth the money. Together with in-game snow it's the best representation of seasons I've seen so far in any simulator, by a lot. As screwed up as the weather system is, the immersion from the visuals is huge. Without those clouds and lighting I'd still be using P3D all day long; but you know: Once you've heard the song of the siren, it's too late...

Dynamic seasons is really missing and I find the implementation of snow not that good. In a year time, they have not improved it. There is no accumulation and rain does not change into snow when going below 0. I like to see drifting snow/whiteout and would like to see ice as well. Please Asobo, vastly improve this and make this part of seasons.