Sign in to follow this  
lagaffe

Canadair CL-215T and Canso PBY-5A

Took a flight in this the other night. I was impressed with what you have done so far. It flies great! Better than I had imagined it would. Really nice.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Hi,

Thanks Waldo for reminding me NeoFly, I had already downloaded these tools when they first appeared but with the developments of Minstrel HN437 and PBY I haven't had much time to look at them and get interested.
Since then I think they must have been updated so I will upgrade and see what information comes up.

On this subject, I see that I have made some mistakes in the aircraft.cfg as one registration comes up several times: I will correct it this morning.

Starting with a PAX configuration of 14 people seems to me a good compromise. Fourteen people of 80 kgs is 1120 kgs. The Canso has been tested in a water bomber configuration with a capacity of 4164 litres (kgs) of water: in this configuration and with half the fuel tanks, it takes off without needing a longer runway.  So with 28 people we are still within the right parameters.

• Like 2

Best regards, Didier "Lagaffe"

Boitier HAF 932 / ASUS Z390 STRIX-F Gaming / i9 9900K / Cruxial Ballistic 32 Go à 3200 Ghz / Gigabyte RTX 3060 Ti / 34" Samsung FreeSync 21:9
SSD: Samsung 1To + 2 Cruxial 256 Go / Stockage : WD 4To et WD 2 To / Hotas Warthog and Throttle Cougar

Hello,

I have reach a new step and a new version has been released this morning: v0.7.8j

The links is the same, don't forget to choose English version of **French-VFR** home site in order to download without trouble.

spacer.png

You can read about all improvements by reading the Readme_WIP v0.7.8.txt in the Documentation directory.

- All steam gauges are coded and animated, radio panel, tank selectors and electricity gauges also
- Wipers are added and are functional,
- 90% of the levers on the mobile part of yokes are coded and animated
- A boarding stair animated has been added on the blisters version
- Interior of Blisters version has been upgraded: news seats for passengers, fire extinguishers, etc ...
- 22 PLN provided by a fan of this aircraft (RegentFalke4131) are provided to discover the beauties of the World
- Three new repaints are added: "Aeronaval" has a little trouble under the wing because the repainter has worked without paintkit, this will be solve as soon as possible

It's not a definitive version, XML codes has some problems and I still have a lot of things to add to this addon: a "Damage Mod" to manage the engine status for example.

I want for the next version modify the fuselage to represent the N427CV which which should appeal to many of you

Edited by lagaffe
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Boitier HAF 932 / ASUS Z390 STRIX-F Gaming / i9 9900K / Cruxial Ballistic 32 Go à 3200 Ghz / Gigabyte RTX 3060 Ti / 34" Samsung FreeSync 21:9
SSD: Samsung 1To + 2 Cruxial 256 Go / Stockage : WD 4To et WD 2 To / Hotas Warthog and Throttle Cougar

Thank you for continuing to work on the Canso.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

I intend to see it through to the end and according to my schedule, I'll be working for at least another six months.

• Upvote 1

Hello,

Some news from this project, on which I have works even during hot days.
It represents the status of the WIP version that will soon be released as v0.8

On the Blisters version, boarding via the rear of the fuselage
spacer.png

Last work on the VC and the fire panel :
spacer.png

Emergency manual pump for hydraulic circuit and a "hole" in the cockpit to see if the front gear is "in" or "out" :
spacer.png

spacer.png

On the Water Bomber version I have finish the structure of the aircraft and the mechanics for opening the tanks :
spacer.png

The same view but on Blisters version :
spacer.png

Fully modelled APU with control knob and voltage monitoring gauge - function not currently coded in XML
spacer.png

On the Water bomber, APU and probe/scoop to collect water :
spacer.png

Last section on the Water bomber
spacer.png

The sunroof or sunday on Blisters version:
spacer.png

With this all 3D modelisation has been finish, then I commute on texturing with ArmorPaint ...

Edited by lagaffe
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Looking great, that looks to be a bit of work. ( a lot of work).

One of these would make a gangster recreational version IRL,   like a mobile camper.

Edited by Waldo Pepper

• Upvote 1

Hi,

I have just published my latest working version. This version isn’t the last, it is a simple snapshot from my developments, but it contains 95% of the elements I wanted to model.
As for the textures, they are quite basic, they are just textures that allow me to better understand the 3D during my work. Some are more worked (PBR) when it is about small parts or tests.

The next stage of development will be mainly focused on :

• the final textures, all mapping and textures will be enterely rework (most PBR and a paintkit is previous)
  • the improvement of the existing XML code because there are some bugs that are still present and some functions that I need to finish coding.
  • the management of the internal cockpit lights: the buttons are already animated but I’ll want to write the code in the presence of the final textures to only make one pass on this issue.

Known bug:

• The ATtitude Indicator give false information: in horizontal flight, the displayed artificial horizon leans to the left (~2°), the problem is known, isolated and being fixed.

Canso-PBY-5-A-WIP-080.jpg

For the moment, you can already download this V0.8.0 release which contains 10 repaints:

• SAGQ C-FPQK n°712 (Quebec)
  • Northwest Territories Canada C-FNJE n°712
  • 1S5 Aeronavale version
  • C-FCRR Air France version
  • C-FCRR Okavanga version
  • ICONA EC-FMC Hispanic version of Water Bomber
  • F-ZBAR French Protection Civil (1965)
  • N9767 Bertaud-Belieu
  • N427 CV US version restaured in South Africa
  • G-PBYA Miss Pick Up

Once version 1.0 is released, my aim is to continue my developments by incorporating a “Damage Mod” (a light accufeel) from the one I wrote for the C-150 Tibush (FSX/P3D).

Good Fly

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1