Sign in to follow this  
Samaritano

iFly 737NG P3Dv5 development screenshots

At last! Since the release of the iFly 747 for FS9 and FSX, that's a feature I've always wanted to see in the 737. Thank you very much!

• Like 1

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

44 minutes ago, Luis Hernandez said:

At last! Since the release of the iFly 747 for FS9 and FSX, that's a feature I've always wanted to see in the 737. Thank you very much!

Yeah it required certain stability engineering to be able to implement it. 

• Like 1

Regards
Jannie Roelofse

Flight1 Software Project Manager

Wow, this looks great! If I get some time I will probably pick this up this weekend and take it for a flight. Great job iFly/Flight1.

• Like 1

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

Pecking away at my paint list for this lovely bird....The devs are Chinese, so I will be painting a few more liveries in the region they would typically fly in, this obviously being one as their national carrier. 😉 

Almost done, but you can see she still wearing the JAL wings from my last paint...just need to update those, do the winglets, paint the doors, and a few touchups, then she'll be uploaded here: http://library.flight1.net/ 

c92Sue.png

• Like 3

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

How is it that most Chinese liveries look like they belong in the sixties?

Cheers

Steve Hall

Yea, the lack of liveries is an issue for now. Maybe more are in the works. Also having trouble setting key bindings to use in FSUIPC. Other the these she’s really nice. Love the flight dynamics. Real beauty on par with NGXu. Nice to have some NG diversity.

Vic green

29 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Pecking away at my paint list for this lovely bird...

Is that list publicly available and do you take requests?

Another fine looking repaint, Steve.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

1 hour ago, F737NG said:

Is that list publicly available and do you take requests?

Another fine looking repaint, Steve.

Thanks.  They will be uploaded here: http://library.flight1.net/

I already have 6 uploaded there....hoping some more painters will come on board and help this old man out!

I hit the big 60 this year...had 3 surgeries, one involving cancer, and the other 2 regarding my eyes (cataract removal).  Up until then...I had never spent a night in the hospital except the day I way born. LOL.   Hoping this is not a trend. 🤪

I'm not as fast as I used to be painting...then again all those years ago we were painting an entire plane on ONE 1024 map in some cases...now its 3 (or more ) 4096 maps...and then you have to paint the PBR channels, so there's that as well that is slowing the process down a bit.

Regarding requests....I'm always open for suggestions on liveries, but can't promised anything.  Request away and I'll consider each one and let you know.   I'm on a lot of beta teams though...and strangely, they all want me to paint their planes too...LOL.

Right now I have probably 2 more Asian liveries in mind, then 1 or 2 European paints, then maybe a few more in both Americas.  I have one African paint in the hopper, as @Jannier is from those parts...not sure how many more I'll get to. Other parts of the world are being considered too....sometimes when paging thru the 100s of shots of a paint I'm doing, I'll see another livery in the adjacent gate and think...hmmm. 🙂  Its a sickness that you really want to paint them all...and at one time in my young painting years I thought I could LOL.

• Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

28 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Request away and I'll consider each one and let you know. 

How about that Eastern Airlines silver hockey stick livery you posted a picture of the other day?  

For myself there is the two main lines I fly, American and Delta. Just need a Delta paint for the -900.

Vic green

1 hour ago, Steve Dra said:

[...]

Regarding requests....I'm always open for suggestions on liveries, but can't promised anything.  Request away and I'll consider each one and let you know.   I'm on a lot of beta teams though...and strangely, they all want me to paint their planes too...LOL.

Right now I have probably 2 more Asian liveries in mind, then 1 or 2 European paints, then maybe a few more in both Americas.  I have one African paint in the hopper, as @Jannier is from those parts...not sure how many more I'll get to. Other parts of the world are being considered too....sometimes when paging thru the 100s of shots of a paint I'm doing, I'll see another livery in the adjacent gate and think...hmmm. 🙂  Its a sickness that you really want to paint them all...and at one time in my young painting years I thought I could LOL.

Already downloaded in anticipation of a weekend purchase. Thanks for your work on these.

In keeping with your suggested geographic areas, Ryanair, WestJet, Kenya Airways or Comair of South Africa would be my preferred repaints.

Stay healthy!

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

16 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

I already have 6 uploaded there....hoping some more painters will come on board and help this old man out!

I hit the big 60 this year...had 3 surgeries, one involving cancer, and the other 2 regarding my eyes (cataract removal).  Up until then...I had never spent a night in the hospital except the day I way born. LOL.   Hoping this is not a trend. 🤪

Stay away from the cancer stuff, hope your doing better.

Its probably already been requested but two of the most popular would be "Alaska Air" and "Southwest". If you get around to it. Thanks.

Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

Thanks for the feedback guys....

@Greggy_D....as much as I love Eastern and bare metal...it would be fictional as you know.  Not completely ruling out other bare metal liveries in the future...but getting PBR metal just right is not easy, and varies for each model and dev.  So even though I've done it on PMDG, and the Leonardo Maddog, and the MSFS DC-6, I'd be starting all over on the iFy 737.  The Level of Effort (LOE) is VERY high

@Patco Lch..I should be able to get the Delta paint on the -900....LOE isn't that high, so you may see it in the future.

@F737NG... I've been eyeballing a few on your list, stand by. 😉

@TurboKen...  Thanks Ken..yeah Cancer sucks...and I can officially say that, but I'm hopefully "cancer free" after my operation...fingers crossed and many future tests to make sure I stay that way.

Funny you should mention SWA.....
EQfvrB.jpg

Sadly, the way the model is placed on the texture maps (iFly737NG800_Fuselage3.dds to be exact and specifically where the fuse is cut right where the stripes hit), I'm having many issues with getting the stripes just right.  So much so I pulled it out of the paint booth and parked her on the ramp until I have time to concentrate on them.  She'll eventually be released.  Oh, the LOE on this task alone....HUGE for the fact it takes endless tweaking moving even 1/2 pixel at a time to see a result.

• Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

15 hours ago, F737NG said:

In keeping with your suggested geographic areas, Ryanair, WestJet, Kenya Airways or Comair of South Africa would be my preferred repaints.

I second the request for a WestJet livery. I bought the P3Dv5 version of the 747NG and like it a lot--even though I've been using the PMDG 737NG since forever.

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

9 minutes ago, JRMurray said:

I second the request for a WestJet livery. I bought the P3Dv5 version of the 747NG and like it a lot--even though I've been using the PMDG 737NG since forever.

Hey JR.....Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.....don't tell anyone you saw this sneak peak, especially @F737NG!!!! 😉

96QluR.jpg

Edited by Steve Dra
  • Like 3

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg