Sign in to follow this  
Samaritano

iFly 737NG P3Dv5 development screenshots

5 hours ago, Ikarus280 said:

Does anyone know how performance with the iFly 737 compared to the PMDG jets/Maddog etc? 

4 hours ago, kevinfirth said:

I'd be interested in that too...

Like @Patco Lch says, about the same.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

This paint is almost done....

I like it....you guessed it...a LOT! 😄

xN1XMr.png

D8fmvG.png

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

1 minute ago, Steve Dra said:

This paint is almost done....
I like it....you guessed it...a LOT! 😄

I love you, Steve.
Don't tell my wife.

• Like 2

Just now, Rafal said:

I love you, Steve.
Don't tell my wife.

Hehe....It'll be our secret...but my wife knows I have a lot of flightsim boyfriends....she just rolls her eyes. 🙂

• Like 4

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

9 hours ago, Rafal said:

I love you, Steve.
Don't tell my wife.

Rafal, this is slightly off topic and a bit political.

But what did you think of the Il-62 crashes in Poland?

As a real world ex Tu-154M pilot in Bulgaria, I still found the response from the manufacturer unacceptable, especially considering the loss of life on flight 5055

2 hours ago, Ikarus280 said:

But what did you think of the Il-62 crashes in Poland?

As you wrote, it is off topic, but still aviation, so I will answer briefly and as non-politically as possible.
They were two of the only four big air disasters in the history of LOT, which is almost 100 years old now. So every Pole interested in aviation or history heard about it.
They happened in 1980 and 1987, not long before the fall of communism. In the next decade the Soviet-made fleet was exchanged into Boeings, Embraers and ATRs.
It all happened in the times with obviously limited possibilities of having different flying equipment as well as fully objective investigation of air accidents.
But as we can see even in these times (e.g. the 737 MAX case), manufacturers' taking responsibility for problems happens to be slippery.

And now let's stick to the amazing iFly 737NG Advanced. 😉

Edited by Rafal
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Rafal said:

And now let's stick to the amazing iFly 737NG Advanced

Which now has SP-LWC in her library. 😉

vTizMq.jpg

• Like 2

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

2 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Which now has SP-LWC in her library.

bow.gif

On 11/18/2021 at 8:34 PM, F737NG said:

Ryanair, WestJet, Kenya Airways or Comair of South Africa would be my preferred repaints.

I crossed off Ryanair.....here's why:

9dcWac.png

She's in the paint booth, preliminary text and logo placement, bottom color/stripes on there (don't worry about the colors just yet...the ref pic had way too much contrast adjust...will get the blue looking good after a few adjustments when viewing it in the sim).

Don't get too excited just yet, she's a long way from done, but at least she has paint on her. 😉

Boy I seem to be knocking out your requests @F737NG 🤔 😄  Hehe I see you said "of South Africa"...and I literally painted South African Airways...we'll see about the others down the road...so many airlines...so few hours in the day to paint. 😞 

• Like 3

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

7 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Ryanair

Amazing, Steve! I am really looking forward to Ryanair. It already looks great in your Photoshop.
I am not a big fan of the airline itself, but it has the largest number of routes in Europe, so you can fly the 737 virtually everywhere. 😎

3 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

I crossed off Ryanair.....here's why:
[...]
Boy I seem to be knocking out your requests @F737NG 🤔 😄  Hehe I see you said "of South Africa"...and I literally painted South African Airways...we'll see about the others down the road...so many airlines...so few hours in the day to paint. 😞 

Thanks a million for these!
I hope you enjoy painting them as much as I like using them.

2 hours ago, Rafal said:

I am not a big fan of the airline itself, but it has the largest number of routes in Europe, so you can fly the 737 virtually everywhere. 😎

Don't think anyone is, but they get you from A to B  Y to Z when there's no other option.

I think this is how most people see them (NSFW):
https://www.tiktok.com/@carlmullan/video/6877840477245246721  and  https://www.tiktok.com/@carlmullan/video/7016352683137256709

🤣

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

10 hours ago, F737NG said:

I think this is how most people see them (NSFW)

I'll share it with my friend, who is a Ryanair FO.
I hope it will be an extra motivation for him to butter these landings a bit more. 😎

• Like 1

On 12/4/2021 at 7:06 PM, F737NG said:

Thanks a million for these!
I hope you enjoy painting them as much as I like using them.

My pleasure.   Painting is really a hobby all unto itself, and I enjoy many aspects of it.  But like in the flightsim hobby in general, there are parts that are not as "fun" as other parts, hehe.

Like with Simming....NOBODY enjoys doing an update to the sim, P3D 5.1 to 5.3, HF1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9....you get the idea. 😆  Its a required part of our hobby, but we don't like it.  Painting has the same mundane and unenjoyable things about it, but overall the end result is worth the frustrations (as is flightsimming, hehe). 😉

For example...Ryanair's fuse textures have made it to the sim as you see below...the painting part was fun, enjoyable, creative, thought-provoking.  The process of moving the textures from the paintkit fuse master template to the 3 (4 if its a -900) fuse maps, creating a new folder in P3D to accommodate the new livery, adding to the list of paints via the iFly config tool, etc....VERY mundane, repetitive and generally not fun at all....but obviously has to be done or all you'd ever see from painters is my post above showing the paint still in Photoshop®😉 

dTziMZ.png

Just on this project alone I'm already up to 14'ish paints so far, so you can see that the repetitiveness gets...well...repetitive. LOL.  I try to rationalize that the muscle-memory gained when doing these steps, over, and over, over, and over, over, and over, over, and over, over, and over, over, and over, over, and over, over, and over, over, and over, over, and over, over, and over, over, and over, over, and over, (that's 13 times if you're counting. 🤣) just helps me in the long run, keeping my skills sharp.  You gotta' see the positive in the process or those un-fun parts will dwell in your noggin'. 😉

The Ryanair engine and tail textures will be up next, then the dreaded winglets, and finally the final touchups.

Real life work will be crazy this week so no telling when I'll be able to get this one done, but you'll know when I post the release announcement here. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Regards,
Steve Dra

9Slp0L.jpg 

I just gotta say, Steve, that shot of your Ryan livery is nothing short of gorgeous. 

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit