Sign in to follow this  
BrianT

Unable to import scripts

Hi Oliver @Lorby_SI, I have been using your excellent AAO for some time now and all has been fine. Yesterday I had a crash(whole PC froze) while in MSFS2020 and today having got everything working ok, or so I thought. I find that AAO appeared not to be talking to my Stream Deck or MSFS2020. I tried re-importing the AAO FBWA320.xml script from guenselli which I been using for some time now but AAO gives the message "import failed: configuration system failed to initialize"

I uninstalled AAO and made sure all folders were deleted re-installed but still I can't import a script.

I know the problem is somewhere within my PC but I'm at a loss as to where.

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

19 minutes ago, BrianT said:

I uninstalled AAO and made sure all folders were deleted re-installed but still I can't import a script.

Please don't do this. Reinstalling an app and wiping the databases should be the ultimate last step, just short before buying a new computer. This action does not solve anything with Lorby apps, I can assure you of that.

I find that AAO appeared not to be talking to my Stream Deck or MSFS2020

That is ususally caused by your network security settings. First thing to check is if the WebAPI of AAO is responding, if all ports are still set up correctly and if some other process may be blocking the WebAPI port now. In general, before you even think about reimporting scripts, make sure that those are really your problem. Try some default events or the LittleGauges profile. If those don't work either, then the connection between the StreamDeck plugin and AAO has been cut. There is a PDF on the AAO website that contains hints and instructions about how to deal with network issues.

"import failed: configuration system failed to initialize"

I have never heard of that one before, sorry. This is not a built-in error message, it is generated by the Windows/.Net framework.

Edit: this seems to be related to the .Net app configuration mechanism. 
Try deleting (all) these folders: C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\Lorby-SI\LorbyAxisAndOhs_(cryptic stuff)

Be mindful of the folder name "Lorby-SI"! There is another one "LORBY_SI" which contains the application database and configuration files - you shouldn't touch that one.

But as I said - it is extremely unlikely that the scripts are your problem. They don't go missing just like that - your drive would have to fail for this to happen.

Edited by Lorby_SI

LORBY-SI

Well it would appear that my boot drive is corrupt which would explain the issues with my program data folder and missing or corrupt files.
New drive and re-install of Win10 today and hopefully in the next day or 2 back to normal! 

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png

On 10/21/2021 at 8:50 AM, BrianT said:

Well it would appear that my boot drive is corrupt which would explain the issues with my program data folder and missing or corrupt files.
New drive and re-install of Win10 today and hopefully in the next day or 2 back to normal! 

@BrianT,   Did you ever get your Import Scripts to work?  Was that option under Scripts grayed out, or were you able to select it?  I'm having another senior moment and can't seem to get it un-greyed out.  I had issues last Fall that I figured out, but it appears to be re-occurring, and I can't remember what I did to fix it it.  🙂  I've tried it with and without FS2020 running, but still nothing.  My ports seem to be correct too.  Trying to test out one of Guenseli new SD profiles.

Rick  

On 10/17/2021 at 12:07 PM, BrianT said:

Hi Oliver @Lorby_SI, I have been using your excellent AAO for some time now and all has been fine. Yesterday I had a crash(whole PC froze) while in MSFS2020 and today having got everything working ok, or so I thought. I find that AAO appeared not to be talking to my Stream Deck or MSFS2020. I tried re-importing the AAO FBWA320.xml script from guenselli which I been using for some time now but AAO gives the message "import failed: configuration system failed to initialize"

On 10/21/2021 at 8:50 AM, BrianT said:

@BrianT,   Did you ever get your Import Scripts to work?  Was that option under Scripts grayed out, or were you able to select it?  I'm having another senior moment and can't seem to get it un-greyed out.  I had issues last Fall that I figured out, but it appears to be re-occurring, and I can't remember what I did to fix it it.  🙂  I've tried it with and without FS2020 running, but still nothing.  My ports seem to be correct too.  Trying to test out one of Guenseli new SD profiles.

Rick  

I went back and found one of my original post.  The solution is easy enough as Oliver provided the answer.  I just didn't recall the solution.  This is caused by fading memory and mine seems to be fading much to fast.  🙂

On 10/17/2021 at 12:07 PM, BrianT said:

20 hours ago, redjr said:

Rick  

I went back and found one of my original post.  The solution is easy enough as Oliver provided the answer.  I just didn't recall the solution.  This is caused by fading memory and mine seems to be fading much to fast.  🙂

I did yes, It was down to a corrupt hard disk in my case, which had corrupted the AAO files in the appdata folder and others. the option wasn't greyed out in my case. It allowed me to select the script but then threw an error when I tried to import it.

other than checking you're running the latest version (2.31 b23) then sorry I can't be of more help. it would appear you've tried all the things I would have done also

Oliver will be along soon I'm sure (he's good like that) hope you get it fixed soon

Brian

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png