Sign in to follow this  
David_CSA

How to stop External camera tilt when rotating left/right?

May I ask the following:

When in External camera view and rotating the view around my plane left or right (using commands

• External view Look left,
  • External view Look right,

or using the hat switch) I noticed that the image tilts - one vertical edge goes down and the opposite vertical edge goes up. When I stop rotating the view, there's a  certain inertia to the effect and it takes 2-3 seconds to return the view to perfectly horizontal view on the plane. The edges then return to their original positions.

I further noticed the effect is a function of the External camera zoom factor:

• When the External camera zoom factor is 50%, no image tilt happens during view rotation. This is the desired behaviour for me.
  • When External camera zoom factor is close to 0% and rotating right, the right edge goes UP (and the left edge goes DOWN) and returns back after 3 sec.
  • When External camera zoom factor is close to 100% and rotating right, the right edge goes DOWN (and the left edge goes UP) and returns back after 3 sec.

This effect was not present in FSX.

I have to admit that despite being a virtual pilot for decades, the effect has a nauseating effect on me on the 32 inch screen... I just get dizzy. I would like to get rid of it. I tried to reduce the camera momentum, but it doesn't help. When using the external camera I have my zoom factor often set close to 80%, which sort of prevents the plane shape distortion due to wide/narrow lens effect.

(In fact, as mentioned in many other discussions here, we need to have not only zoom factor, but to get back also the external camera view distance, which would allow us to view the plane from various distances without the wide lens/narrow lens image distortion effect. And yes, I know I can have the drone camera, but that's another story... The external cam has advantages for me.)

Is there any way how to stop this inertial image tilt when using the External camera, please?

Thank you,

David

• Upvote 1

Intel i7-10700K OC 5.0 GHz | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB OC 2145 MHz | 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3200 MHz | ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming | AiO cooler Corsair H115i Pro XT 2x140 mm | Corsair RM850x 850W Gold | Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow | Monitor 32" LG UltraGear 32GK850G G-Sync 1440p

Couldn't agree more, that image tilting is annoying and I have also tried to get rid of it a number of times.

Hopefully somebody knows how it can be deactivated.

Roland 

I would be interested to know as well. It is very annoying.

Michael M

System: AMD 7800X3D II Asus X670E Hero MB II 32GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 II RTX4090 II 2TB NVMe Samsung 980 Pro II  EKWB  CR360 AIO II Dell Alienware - AW3821DW 3840 X 1600 G-Sync Ultimate

Agree . I'm not even really sure what the purpose of the effect is? About the only sense I can make of it, is that I imagine I'm riding a Segway around the aircraft!! At my age, it's no wonder I feel like I'm going to fall off every time I stop!!

Maybe we should we call it the Segway effect 🙂 

Terry 

Edited by Lord Farringdon

No. No, Mav, this is not a good idea.

Sorry Goose, but it's time to buzz the tower!

Intel (R) Core (TM) i7-10700 CPU @2.90Ghz, 32GB RAM,  NVIDEA GeForce RTX 3060, 12GB VRAM, Samsung QN70A 4k 65inch TV with VRR 120Hz Free Sync (G-Sync Compatible). 

Boeing Thrustmaster TCA Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle Quadrant, Turtle Beach Velocity One Rudder Pedals.