Sign in to follow this  
flyinpilot212121

Was just about to purchase milviz PC6 but...

Never buy milviz again.  He   considers flight sim customers his least important sector. One day he will walk away from MSFS2020 just as he did with his obligations to fsx and p3d customers.

Edited by harrry

Harry Woodrow

On principle I'm waiting for the FSG (?) Porter, the hurried partial release of Mliviz's variant smacks too much of a commercial spoiler...and I don't fly glass anyway.

Edited by keithb77
  • Like 2

Hmm, just been on the milviz discord and last word was that stage 2 will be finalized before end of Q2 this year, so in other words could still be nearly 3 months away and even then using the word finalized is a bit of a get out clause to my mind (like what does finalized mean?)

I can see why Harry feels the way he does, (they did actually promise this stage 2 development as an enticement to buy, so its bad form not delivering in timely manner)

Rant over, probably the Last milviz purchase for me

• Like 5

The thing with those early access / multiple stages releases is, that the quality of "stage 2" (or even its existence!) depends on the sales of "stage 1". If too little people buy it (could be the case here due to the default PC-6 in MSFS), there's hardly any profit to be gained by a "stage 2".
Sure, without early access many projects wouldn't be started at all, so it's all in all a good thing; but people need to know the risk they take.

lol necro

Asobo bringing out a PC6 when two were already in development was a bit odd.  I think the free Asobo one killed any financial incentive to get this project moving.

I was waiting on the Ukrainian one but development has stalled for pretty obvious reasons.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

9 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Asobo bringing out a PC6 when two were already in development was a bit odd

This is not how it works. Milviz had evidently already started to work on their PC-6 long before they knew of the Microsoft/Asobo one or conversely, then rushed to release a partial version before Microsoft, realizing this free model would severely decrease the attractivity of their version.

Also, aren't both Microsoft and Milviz doing an ATR too? 

Edited by Johnny Wyatt

There's honestly not much of a comparison between the Asobo and Milviz Porters.  The Asobo one flies, well... comically, for lack of a better term.  With the community mod it's better but certainly nowhere near the MV flight model. 

I agree that stage 2 stalled for longer than it probably should have, but round dials or glass makes no real difference to me, I've flown plenty of both.  The NXi is the most capable instrumentation in the sim, so I certainly don't mind a plane that contains it...

Edited by Stearmandriver
  • Like 1

Andrew Crowley

16 hours ago, Stearmandriver said:

There's honestly not much of a comparison between the Asobo and Milviz Porters.

Id never tried the Asobo version as I already had the Milviz PC-6 before the Asobo one came out.

So curiosity got the better of me last night....Its a joke isnt it, no wonder its free

• Like 1

Now that we're nearly done on the C310, dev work on the PC-6 is back in line.  We expect that, as promised, the Phase 2 will be released before the end of June, 2022  (sometime before that).  We do not foresee any issues on that release date as we've already got much of what's going in, done.

To be clear about what we did or did not know about MS/Asobo's, SWS' PC-6's, we knew nothing until y'all did.  They all announced it after our release.  We could clearly see that although the FSG PC-6 is looking good, it was at least 6 months away from being ready. So, that all said, we released our G1000 version because... it was ready.  Not because of anything else going on.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

1 hour ago, Milviz said:

Now that we're nearly done on the C310

Imho this is the most interesting part of your post. 😉

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Milviz said:

We expect that, as promised, the Phase 2 will be released before the end of June, 2022  (sometime before that).

Am I not mistaken that MV stated that Phase 2 would be within a month or two of Stage 1's release, and that was part of the marketing, i.e., "get this now (and Stage 2 really soon) for $XX (right now) before Stage 2 comes out and the price goes up!"

-C

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, EVGA RTX3080 FTW3 Ultra, 64GB DDR4 @3600MHz

MSFS, XP11, XP12, DCS, IL-2, Falcon BMS, LMNOP

No, we didn't give a set date on Phase 2.  Reason being, the analog gauges were still at least 2 months away from being redone.

Edited by Milviz

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

On 4/7/2022 at 2:44 AM, Milviz said:

No, we didn't give a set date on Phase 2.  Reason being, the analog gauges were still at least 2 months away from being redone.

Hmm, its been over 5 months  and counting,

Ok following said with the full understanding its just an inexpensive game addon.....

The promise of the stage 2 was an  attraction to some unquantified but very real proportion of buyer,s Im sure you appreciate the need to deliver on that promise to avoid it looking like a cynical marketing ploy

• Upvote 1

The promise was to deliver.  There was never any (up until recently) specific date given.  Now that we have that date in play, we will do our best to meet that expectation.

Edited by Milviz

"Now that we have that date in play"

In Play is a vague term (understand why you did that of course), but what date is it that is "in Play" ?
all a bit smoke and mirrors innit