Sign in to follow this  
flyinpilot212121

Was just about to purchase milviz PC6 but...

Hello folks,

I was about to purchase the Milviz PC6 in anticipation of "stage 2" that's suppose to be released at some point.
I did notice that the minimum requirements require a 8GB video card?? Is this a typo? 8GB seems excessive for a minimum requirement on an airplane of this complexity, I mean PMDG's DC6 requires 2gb minimum video card.

Just curious if anyone is using this aircraft with less than 8GB on the video card?

Edited by flyinpilot212121
  • Like 1

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

That is weird, maybe post the question in the Milviz PC-6 thread and someone might have an answer.

R7 5800X3D | RTX 4080 OC 16 GB | 64 GB 3600 | 3440x1440 G-Sync | Logitech Pro Throttles Rudder Yoke Panels | Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS | TrackIR 5 | Oculus Rift S
Experience with Flight Simulator since early 1990s

12 minutes ago, Republic3D said:

That is weird, maybe post the question in the Milviz PC-6 thread and someone might have an answer.

Thanks, I’ll check it out! 

• Like 1

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

1 hour ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

I mean PMDG's DC6 requires 2gb minimum video card.

MSFS on a 2 GB video card...?

I do not think so. 😉

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Bert

3 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

MSFS on a 2 GB video card...?

I do not think so. 😉

Definitely wouldn’t advise on it, but even the recommended on the dc6 is 4gb, minimum on the pc6 is 8 gb 😂…I gotta go look again I may have read it wrong.

Edit: nope didn’t read it wrong, it says 8Gb…must be some hardcore coding in that thing. 

Edited by flyinpilot212121

1 minute ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

Definitely wouldn’t advise on it, but even the recommended on the dc6 is 4gb, minimum on the pc6 is 8 gb 😂…I gotta go look again I may have read it wrong.

You are going to be fine with 6 GB  IMHO...

• Like 1

Bert

10 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

You are going to be fine with 6 GB  IMHO...

I think so, should be enough..

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

18 hours ago, flyinpilot212121 said:

8GB seems excessive for a minimum requirement on an airplane of this complexity

I'm not sure complexity matters much. You could have a PMDG level of complexity with Atari 2600 graphics and not need much video card to display the plane. On the other hand, you could have the Wright Flyer with individual 200mb textures for each stitch and you'd quickly run out of video memory. 😉

31 minutes ago, eslader said:

I'm not sure complexity matters much. You could have a PMDG level of complexity with Atari 2600 graphics and not need much video card to display the plane. On the other hand, you could have the Wright Flyer with individual 200mb textures for each stitch and you'd quickly run out of video memory. 😉

Very true, but 8gb seems excessive on any modern day add-on.

Hope I'm not going off piste a little here, but does anyone know when Stage 2 will be released? I really would like to fly this plane but I have no wish to do so without steam gauges. Thanks.

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

5 minutes ago, Rockliffe said:

Hope I'm not going off piste a little here, but does anyone know when Stage 2 will be released? I really would like to fly this plane but I have no wish to do so without steam gauges. Thanks.

Early next year as said by Colin P in the official forum. And I can tell you that flying  the MV Porter with the NXi is pure simmer happiness.

• Like 3

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

3 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

You did notice the free Pilatus PC6 that came with SU7

I have the Milviz and like the way it flys and the I prefer the Milviz sound. I think the exterior detail and panel detail of the Microsof one is better, more detail.

I hope  the Porter thats in the pipeline will have the best of both. I dont need a third one if it doesnt have (most) features of the other 2.

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

Anyone heard anything about the stage 2 update that was supposed to be coming?, been a long time now with no word.
This was a big factor for me in purchasing it as im not a fan of glass