Sign in to follow this  
kttd

transfer files using mklink /J reversal process

I successfully used mklink/J to transfer some large file directories off of the primary FSX drive to a separate hard drive. Although I have to say, I did not fully understand the utility.

Thus, my question is how do I reverse the process without mistakenly deleting the files. In other words, I wish to revert back to the original. Below are the commands to reverse the changes, however I do not understand how and where to use them. Do you use these commands from the FSX root or where the files were copied to, and which command is appropriate.

Is there a specific sequence of events I should follow that will reverse the process?

Thanks in advance.
===============

example

=======

To delete a symbolic link to a file or directory, the following command line syntax can be used (in each case, "linkname" specifies the name of the symbolic link to be deleted):
•For links to files: 

del linkName 

•For links to directories: 

rmdir linkName 

SOLUTION: rmdir on the other hand will only delete the directory link, not what the link points to.